We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Accidental oral DMT megadose - oof! Options

Aeroman
#1 Posted : 9/17/2020 7:23:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have made 3 different brews, the first was very strong. The second used bark from a failed vihno da Jurema extraction and the latest, I used 40 grams of MHRB.

For some reason I wasn't experiencing any psychedelic effects after drinking 1/4 of the brew so after 90 minutes I took another 1/4. Another hour passed, still nothing - I believe that I made the mistake of boiling the brew instead of simmering, possibly destroying the DMT.

So, I decided to just finish all the brew (mixed with the remaining Syrian rue tea) including the small amount of sediment at the bottom. I had taken an activated carbon pill to trap the tannins and had a large cup of ginger tea at had to rinse the nasty taste from my mouth and reduce the nausea.

So not expecting anything to happen, I switched the music off and went to bed. Within 30 minutes I started seeing familiar looking DMT fractals with my eyes closed, instead of rotating like in vaped freebase trips, the fractals flooded into my focus like a liquid.

This flood quickly built up in intensity, became super energetic and quite overwhelming, I started to perceive the fractals completely surrounding me then energy tentacles started to appear, they were everywhere and it felt like I was being attacked by hundreds of fractal squids, had I not been familiar with the DMT space I would have shit bricks and had a bad trip so I just opened my eyes for a while.

When I closed them again a few minutes later, things had calmed down and I was then in hyperspace surrounded by fractal energy filaments. My body was buzzing/vibrating powerfully like it usually does during a breakthrough. The effect was more powerful than usual, I had heightened awareness and was able to experience hyperspace and the physical world at the same time.

I felt God-like in that state, visions came and went, I was given several lessons and I felt like I could work out the secrets of our existence, I started getting delusions of grandeur, making myself chuckle a few times. I also wondered how many people there might be existing in the same frequency at that time and whether it might be possible to communicate telepathically with them, it really feels good to feel mentally enhanced like that.

I also experienced pains in my brain but I was able to focus my attention on the painful areas and release the pressure/tension to ease the pains, it was almost like I was rewiring my brain in real time to adapt to this high vibration state of being.

This was without doubt the most intense trip I have experienced. I haven't quite perfected my brewing technique yet but I will reproduce my first attempt next time, it would be nice to have consistent results instead of surprises like this.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

bismillah
#2 Posted : 9/17/2020 9:17:46 PM

My Personalized Tag

Yep, that's the tea for ya. Less like being pierced with fractals and more like the other world just envelops you from all sides, slowly.
You have the willpower to drink it in portions? Even as someone who prefers brews, I have to drink it all at once or I'll chicken out. Somehow they get harder to get down with each trip Sick

Sounds like you had a fun night!
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Jees
#3 Posted : 9/17/2020 9:49:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Aeroman, good you came trough that one.
Aeroman wrote:
...I believe that I made the mistake of boiling the brew instead of simmering, possibly destroying the DMT...
It's strongly advised to make some study then you would know this is impossible Wink
In the boil pot the alkaloids are not freebased, they are in their salt form and very temperature safe, sure when there's still water in the pot. Nowhere you can read that boiling hard can torpedo the actives Thumbs up

Aeroman
#4 Posted : 9/17/2020 10:32:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Hi Aeroman, good you came trough that one.
Aeroman wrote:
...I believe that I made the mistake of boiling the brew instead of simmering, possibly destroying the DMT...
It's strongly advised to make some study then you would know this is impossible Wink
In the boil pot the alkaloids are not freebased, they are in their salt form and very temperature safe, sure when there's still water in the pot. Nowhere you can read that boiling hard can torpedo the actives Thumbs up
Thanks! I'm trying to work out what went wrong with my last brew, I was hoping that 40 grams of root would provide 4 strong trips. Instead half of that brew failed to get me into a psychedelic state. Drinking the remaining brew seemed to be excessive in strength. I finally started feeling the effects 3 hours 30 mins after consuming the first dose. I had a 12 gram dose of Syrian rue, I think it has left me with a spaced out feeling that has lasted all day.

The root is quite potent, my first brew worked as expected, reaching full intensity just after 60 minutes from 10 grams of root, I never allowed it to boil that time.
I simmered 1 litre of acidic (white vinegar) water with 20 grams of shredded MHRB chopped finely in my coffee grinder, for about 4 hours, repeated this twice, then reduced.

With this latest brew, I followed the original instructions with the only differences being that I allowed the brew to boil and the amount of ingredients was doubled.

I don't think that the problem is with the Syrian rue tea - I crushed the seeds and boiled them for 45 minutes in water with a table spoon of white vinegar before reducing. The tea had a nice golden brown colour and tasted strong.
This is the same way I prepared my first successful brew.

I drank half a shot of tea, waited 15 minutes and mixed the other half into the brew then drank that.

Any suggestions what might be wrong?

Aeroman
#5 Posted : 9/17/2020 10:47:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bismillah wrote:
Yep, that's the tea for ya. Less like being pierced with fractals and more like the other world just envelops you from all sides, slowly.
You have the willpower to drink it in portions? Even as someone who prefers brews, I have to drink it all at once or I'll chicken out. Somehow they get harder to get down with each trip Sick

Sounds like you had a fun night!
I'd prefer to drink it one go, it's a bit frustrating when the brew isn't strong enough.
With the normal strength brews I've had before, the breakthrough wasn't unavoidable like this, I would have to get into a meditative state until I tuned into the frequency where the energy tentacles appeared in a kind of portal and pulled me through into the higher state.

I'm not so scared to take larger doses anymore, it was quite amazing to experience being smothered by other worldly fractals.

bismillah
#6 Posted : 9/17/2020 11:31:19 PM

My Personalized Tag

Wait, 12g Syrian rue? Holy s*** man, that's so much! I never go above four—overdosing on Syrian rue is what makes the experience feel overwhelming. For me, anyways. 4.5 and beyond is a topsy-turvy whirly-swirly try-not-to-barf experience.

I think it's better to just make brews when you intend to drink them, with only the amount you intend to take. That way, you don't have to worry about the guesswork of actives settling to the bottom (?). Also, you won't feel pressured to finish the brew in the fridge when you don't feel like tripping. Or is that just me?

If you're unsure of how much mimosa bark to use, by the way, here's what I've gathered:
3g- slight glow
5g- dark CEVs, the furniture looks like legos, and you're thoroughly stoned
7-8g- could probably break through
10g- "where am I"
Every tree is different ofc, but this is generally true.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Aeroman
#7 Posted : 9/17/2020 11:55:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bismillah wrote:
Wait, 12g Syrian rue? Holy s*** man, that's so much! I never go above four—overdosing on Syrian rue is what makes the experience feel overwhelming. For me, anyways. 4.5 and beyond is a topsy-turvy whirly-swirly try-not-to-barf experience.

I think it's better to just make brews when you intend to drink them, with only the amount you intend to take. That way, you don't have to worry about the guesswork of actives settling to the bottom (?). Also, you won't feel pressured to finish the brew in the fridge when you don't feel like tripping. Or is that just me?

Ha ha, it was late and I was wondering if it could have been the MAOi that wasn't strong enough, normally 3 grams of seeds is perfect for me.
I didn't feel much nausea surprisingly, activated carbon and ginger juice seem to work perfectly for that and I had only eaten Oat porridge with honey earlier that day.

It's a good idea to prepare smaller amounts, quicker too, I'll prepare 20 grams of root next time for 2 trips.

Psyzsee
#8 Posted : 9/27/2020 2:19:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Something similar to me happened I got more than a feeling that I could be ready for or was prepared for and am happy I went through that it has helped me personally to remember that and just got me way more interested but also need to have more respect now for what I'm trying to learn its still obscure but after 3 different attempts 3 different results ,now just describe the level as mild ,medium or spicy spicy is like "oh no . ." I think 2 me I guess edit: oh yeah accidental where am i dont remember what I was doing before it happened either

L-dreamer
#9 Posted : 9/28/2020 7:27:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will always be in favor of extracting the DMT from mimosa bark. You overall save time and can be way more careful and scientific with your doses. And mimosa brew nausea is much more severe than rue or caapi brews for me, it does a number on your stomach like no one else. It's so convenient to throw some DMT crystals in a bunch of lemon juice that you will never go back to boiling mimosa bark. And even if you purge after all of this, it's less messy and not that unpleasant. You can literally make a shot worth of rue tea followed by a shot of lemon juice sprinkled with dmt crystals and have a good experience.
So in my opinion you will always get surprises if you stay with the mimosa tea, you allow variables like boiling time, bark used, bark yield, concentration of acid, simmer or boil procedure to mess with you. The less variables the more you can direct the experience on the path you want.

Psyzsee
#10 Posted : 9/30/2020 11:49:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

L-dreamer wrote:
you will always get surprises

Thanks! This was helpful