We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV21222324NEXT
The Quote Room Options

FranLover
#441 Posted : 7/19/2019 1:21:35 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

WarpedDimension
#442 Posted : 7/21/2019 12:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Elizabeth Kubler-Ross wrote:
People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their beauty is revealed only if there is a light within.
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

#443 Posted : 7/21/2019 3:33:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"
- ?

"If Python is executable pseudocode, then perl is executable line noise."
-?

WarpedDimension
#444 Posted : 7/24/2019 12:42:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr. Suess wrote:
In my world, everyone’s a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Thumbs up Laughing Big grin

WarpedDimension
#445 Posted : 7/28/2019 4:36:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Carl Jung wrote:
No one should deny the danger of the descent, but it can be risked. No one need risk it, but it is certain that someone will. And let those who go down the sunset way do so with open eyes, for it is a sacrifice which daunts even the gods. Yet every descent is followed by an ascent; the vanishing shapes are shaped anew, and a truth is valid in the end only if it suffers change and bears new witness in new images, in new tongues, like a new wine that is put into new bottles.

FranLover
#446 Posted : 8/1/2019 7:32:39 AM

"The question on the essence of truth finds its answer in the proposition the essence of truth is the truth of essence."

~~Heidegger.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

FranLover
#447 Posted : 10/30/2019 9:21:24 AM

"It is good to love God for hope of reward in this or the next world, but it is
better to love God for love's sake, and the prayer goes: "Lord, I do not want
wealth, nor children, nor learning. If it be Thy will, I shall go from birth to
birth, but grant me this, that I may love Thee without the hope of reward —
love unselfishly for love's sake."
One of the disciples of Krishna, the then
Emperor of India, was driven from his kingdom by his enemies and had to take
shelter with his queen in a forest in the Himalayas, and there one day the queen
asked him how it was that he, the most virtuous of men, should suffer so much
misery. Yudhishthira answered, "Behold, my queen, the Himalayas, how grand
and beautiful they are; I love them. They do not give me anything, but my
nature is to love the grand, the beautiful, therefore I love them. Similarly, I love
the Lord. He is the source of all beauty, of all sublimity. He is the only object
to be loved; my nature is to love Him, and therefore I love. I do not pray for
anything; I do not ask for anything. Let Him place me wherever He likes. I
must love Him for love's sake. I cannot trade in love

~~Swami Vivekananda

Cognitive Heart
#448 Posted : 9/30/2020 6:24:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Get high...
Get above yourself
Look down upon yourself
Until you're inside o' yourself
Look to the front or the back o' yourself

To the back or front of yourself
It's inside yourself
And then you see your own head
And know yourself is yourself

'Cause when you find yourself
You're gonna find that yourself is only yourself
And the self that can only be yourself
So when you're in front of the back of yourself
You're gonna find that your mind is in the center of yourself
And God is nothing but yourself

And when you reach for yourself
You'll know that yourself
Is the only thing
That can happen to yourself
So that nothing can put you down

- Joshua Paul Davis
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

#449 Posted : 8/30/2021 2:39:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.

John Burroughs

#450 Posted : 9/8/2021 1:46:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them...the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.

~Rainer Maria Rilke

Th3_tRuTh
#451 Posted : 9/8/2021 1:50:24 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.”

― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Spice Cadet
#452 Posted : 9/9/2021 6:23:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Groucho Marx

Voidmatrix
#453 Posted : 9/10/2021 12:38:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

"I know I know nothing." - PLato's account of Socrates

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Vangoghdream
#454 Posted : 10/1/2021 1:22:14 PM
WiFfLe In a WaFfLe BoX

Plato, Phaedrus 250 wrote:
[250a] into a human being, but it is not easy for all souls to gain from earthly things a recollection of those realities, either for those which had but a brief view of them at that earlier time, or for those which, after falling to earth, were so unfortunate as to be turned toward unrighteousness through some evil communications and to have forgotten the holy sights they once saw. Few then are left which retain an adequate recollection of them; but these when they see here any likeness of the things of that other world, are stricken with amazement and can no longer control themselves; but they do not understand their condition, because they do not clearly perceive.

[250b] Now in the earthly copies of justice and temperance and the other ideas which are precious to souls there is no light, but only a few, approaching the images through the darkling organs of sense, behold in them the nature of that which they imitate, and these few do this with difficulty. But at that former time they saw beauty shining in brightness, when, with a blessed company—we following in the train of Zeus, and others in that of some other god—they saw the blessed sight and vision and were initiated into that which is rightly called

[250c] the most blessed of mysteries, which we celebrated in a state of perfection, when we were without experience of the evils which awaited us in the time to come, being permitted as initiates to the sight of perfect and simple and calm and happy apparitions, which we saw in the pure light, being ourselves pure and not entombed in this which we carry about with us and call the body, in which we are imprisoned like an oyster in its shell. So much, then, in honor of memory, on account of which I have now spoken at some length, through yearning for the joys of that other time. But beauty,

[250d] as I said before, shone in brilliance among those visions; and since we came to earth we have found it shining most clearly through the clearest of our senses; for sight is the sharpest of the physical senses, though wisdom is not seen by it, for wisdom would arouse terrible love, if such a clear image of it were granted as would come through sight, and the same is true of the other lovely realities; but beauty alone has this privilege, and therefore it is most clearly seen

[250e] and loveliest. Now he who is not newly initiated, or has been corrupted, does not quickly rise from this world to that other world and to absolute beauty when he sees its namesake here, and so he does not revere it when he looks upon it, but gives himself up to pleasure and like a beast proceeds to lust and begetting

DoingKermit
#455 Posted : 11/2/2021 9:41:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them...the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.

~Rainer Maria Rilke

I'm just finishing "Letters to a Young Poet". This quote really stood out for me. His views of the world and explanations that follow are so rich and timelessly significant. "Live your way into the answer"... so good!

#456 Posted : 11/20/2021 12:12:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

When I got older, when I opened my eyes and saw the real world, I began to laugh and I haven’t stopped since.

-Søren Kierkegaard

nexalizer
#457 Posted : 11/29/2021 7:54:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Two weeks to flatten the curve"
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Bill Cipher
#458 Posted : 11/29/2021 8:22:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nexalizer wrote:
"Two weeks to flatten the curve"

Perhaps if dipshits had acted in accordance with CDC guidelines (and common sense) at any time during the past two years instead of crybabying about freedumb, that would have actually been the case.

WisdomTooth
#459 Posted : 11/30/2021 12:47:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The reality you experience is the ripple effect you create Smile
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

Dirty T
#460 Posted : 11/30/2021 6:40:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's Foundation

"Let's see what violence we can muster" - Salvor Hardin, David Goyer's adaptation of Isaac Asimov's Foundation as seen on Apple TV.

«PREV21222324NEXT