We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV161162163164165NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Blazon
#3241 Posted : 9/27/2020 7:50:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Another question on rue extraction.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...Crystals_from_Syrian_Rue

This Tek looks simple enough. However I don't have ready access to high grade ethyl or methyl alcohol so I'd like to ask: What is the chemistry behind the solubility of harmala alkaloids to these alcohols in nutshell and can you use some other chemical for the job?

never done harmala extraction but cannabis oil many times and using organic 95% ethanol non denaturated-if you mix it 50/50 with water you have vodka so it is safe to drink,no residue

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tomtegubbe
#3242 Posted : 9/27/2020 10:21:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Blazon wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:

This Tek looks simple enough. However I don't have ready access to high grade ethyl or methyl alcohol so I'd like to ask: What is the chemistry behind the solubility of harmala alkaloids to these alcohols in nutshell and can you use some other chemical for the job?

never done harmala extraction but cannabis oil many times and using organic 95% ethanol non denaturated-if you mix it 50/50 with water you have vodka so it is safe to drink,no residue

Some sources say ethanol does not make very good solution for harmalas and it's quite expensive here. ☹️

On the topic. I am confused about the wording in step ten and step twelve on this guide https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ion_and_Separation_Guide

Step ten: "This time you want to keep the alkaloids so you have to use a finer filter that wont let the alkaloids pass, like a cloth or cotton might. Therefore, has to be like a coffee filter and this step may be slower"

Step twelve: "Your alkaloids should be dissolved in the liquid so any solid/color that stays in the filter is impurity.

Is it because of the vinegar added in step eleven that the alkaloids won't pass the coffee filter in step ten, but not in step twelve or am I misunderstanding something in the guide?
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Violet Quark
#3243 Posted : 9/28/2020 7:20:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Step ten: "This time you want to keep the alkaloids so you have to use a finer filter that wont let the alkaloids pass, like a cloth or cotton might. Therefore, has to be like a coffee filter and this step may be slower"

Step twelve: "Your alkaloids should be dissolved in the liquid so any solid/color that stays in the filter is impurity.

Is it because of the vinegar added in step eleven that the alkaloids won't pass the coffee filter in step ten, but not in step twelve or am I misunderstanding something in the guide?

Yes This is correct at step 11 you dissolve the Harmalas so now they will pass through the filter.
VQ

Tomtegubbe
#3244 Posted : 9/29/2020 3:53:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:

Yet another question. 😀

Would acetone do the job?

This is probably a stupid thought but could you just mix acetone with Syrian rue mush and be able to pull the harmalas with it?
My preferred method:

monomind
#3245 Posted : 9/30/2020 8:59:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:

Yet another question. 😀

This is probably a stupid thought but could you just mix acetone with Syrian rue mush and be able to pull the harmalas with it?

AFAIK water will also do the job. All you want at this stage is to dissolve the harmala salts and then filter all non soluble stuff that is left behind.
I recommend you do one of the A/B harmala extractions if it is your first time ( such as the tao of rue or the one from endlessness ) It is simple and you will learn quite a lot in the process.
In passing, the extraction you referenced will not give you a smokable product. For this you will need to freebase the alkaloids.

Tomtegubbe
#3246 Posted : 9/30/2020 9:11:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

monomind wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:

Yet another question. 😀

AFAIK water will also do the job. All you want at this stage is to dissolve the harmala salts and then filter all non soluble stuff that is left behind.
I recommend you do one of the A/B harmala extractions if it is your first time ( such as the tao of rue or the one from endlessness ) It is simple and you will learn quite a lot in the process.
In passing, the extraction you referenced will not give you a smokable product. For this you will need to freebase the alkaloids.

Thank you. The a/b extraction seems complicated and I'm looking for a shortcut, but maybe I just have to give it a try and then have a better understanding of the process. Thanks for pointing out the freebase thing!
My preferred method:

bfp
#3247 Posted : 10/2/2020 6:19:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bfp wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
bfp wrote:
Dear Nexians,

I need some advice with the eco-friendly tek posted by Endlessness.

I used about 96g of very finely ground ACRB (used a coffee mill) and did an acid cook with citric acid before basing and then pulling with acetone. I was left with a plate that was covered in this dried flaky black reddish resin, that I am now trying to redissolve in citric acid.

Redissolution appears to be very slow though. The solution I use is about 10 % citric acid. The ph is lower than 4.5. Unfortunately the acid strips I use don't go lower than that, so I can't tell exactly.

Do I need to use a stronger acid here? Or should I just wait/use more of it?

all the best,
bfp

Have you tried grinding the resin? The increased surface area of the powder hastens dissolution. Probably there's a load of lipophilic stuff in the resin that's making it somewhat water resistant.

I've been carrying on with this tek. I couldn't get this resin to redissolve, but I ground it very finely, and perhaps we can assume that the DMT that was trapped inside it migrated into the acid over the course of the last few days (is this likely to be true?)

It would help me out a lot to have some feedback, or to know what this resin likely is and how to deal with it in case I'm doing this wrong Wink .

Just an update in case someone is wondering how this went.

It seems to be going well Big grin .

All the best,
bfp

Blazon
#3248 Posted : 10/3/2020 7:19:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Blazon wrote:
Blazon wrote:
hi,

I have a question regarding CYB's hybrid 'salt' tek

total amount of liquid is 700ml but hard to get those 700ml bottles like are in the picture-they all made of plastic ,only Calypso juice ones but they are 500ml.
(have some 700ml flasks but the Calypso bottles have metal lid not plastic or rubber there hence calypso)

is there a way to reduce from 700 to 500ml without loosing much yield or effect the extraction?

bumping this as at the official tek the Step 5 basifying
Weigh out 50g of Sodium Hydroxide (Lye/Caustic Soda).
Put 200ml of cold de-ionised water into the measuring jug.
Slowly add the 50g of lye to the water and stir using a metal spoon until it is all dissolved.(Add the lye crystals INTO the water (NOT water onto lye) to avoid strong reaction and splashing)
Carefully add the caustic solution to the bottle.
Top up with 140ml de-ionised water to the bottle; the overall volume should be around 700ml altogether now.

is the 140ml really nessesary? I want to go step by step but those bottles are 500ml and are perfect .....

today I found out when shoping for more that even the same flavour bottles vary about 50ml ,my shop sells them the same priceWut? so I didn't even know they can vary as this is an import in my country from the States and has a special section in shops in general( pricey too £2.99 )but the bottles are perfect

alacran313
#3249 Posted : 10/4/2020 12:46:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

alacran313
#3250 Posted : 10/4/2020 12:47:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, need help with re-x of 1.5g of extract(1st pic, nomans tek) from 100g MHRB.
Did re-x with aprox. 40ml naphta at 50C, stirred until milky then left to cool at room temperature and all naphta evaporated in 2-3 hrs.(2nd pic), currently in the refrigerator
Was expecting some liquid naphta throughout the whole process..

Any advice/steps?

Thanks!

alacran313 attached the following image(s):
IMG_1931.JPG (3,353kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
IMG_6166.JPG (2,078kb) downloaded 155 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#3251 Posted : 10/5/2020 12:49:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

alacran313 - repeat the procedure using more naphtha, and put it into the freezer after cooling in the fridge.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

NimbleSoda
#3252 Posted : 10/8/2020 6:19:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys. I am wondering how much yield can really be lost in an emulsion. Was trying to pull with 100mL of room temp naptha out of a 1L acid brew from ACRB. This was the first pull, everything room temp. The mix was too thick because not enough NaOH was added to basify, and gentle shaking created wicked emulsion on this first naptha pull very quick. The right amount of NaOH was added after the fact, but only 50mL of the naptha was separated no matter what was tried (everything). The emulsion had to be pitched and further pulls have gone swimmingly with no emulsion problems since now there is sufficient NaOH.

Evapping the 50mL that was salvageable from that first pull yielded very, very little. You'd think given what I said that half the first pull would have still yielded more than like 100mg...right? Or is it possible the screwup was so severe that virtually all the spice was lost in that emulsion? Confused

Kumarajiva
#3253 Posted : 10/8/2020 7:22:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Put your soup bottle (with the lid off) into waterbath (cold) and start heating. Naptha will separate from emulsion.
You will have to pay with more oils moving into naptha though.
Next time: dont shake - roll the bottle like this: rolling the bottle
Gate Gate Pāragate Pārasaṃgate Bodhi Svāhā

Plainoldsteve
#3254 Posted : 10/24/2020 7:30:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, my friend has a bit of a problem with converting fumerate to freebase?
When my friend adds the sodium carbonate saturated water to the fumerate dissolved in water, only bubbling occurs noting precips out

Doing the paste and pull method, once mixed, as soon as the water touched the mixed powders, huge bubbling occurred and only a small amount of clouding,,, after acetone pull only tiny amount of yellow goo was left,,

Does anyone know what's going on? Has my friend not converted the sodium carbonate enough?
Or have the washes of excess fumaric not been vigorous enough?

Please help

spicysloth
#3255 Posted : 10/24/2020 6:12:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey ya'll. So iv done quite a few extractions, but I always make a mess. How does one pour solvent (like a small amount such as when doing a re-x) and decant acid boils without the fluid running down the side of the container/pot?

Cryptomot
#3256 Posted : 10/25/2020 1:47:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

My friend tried the Cybs Hybrid ATB salt tec on mimosa hostilis root bark. He had some succes but the yield was very low.

He has some questions:

1) He extracted 0,5g of 100 MHRB (see pictures). Now he has been trying 100gr instead of 50gr MHRB, can he just use the same measurements for lye/salt/vinegar or does he has to double it also?

So he did this:

100gr MHRB
60ML vinegar
40Gr salt
50gr lye

Is this ok for this amount of bark in 1L of water?

2) Although he mixes very gentle, the nafta is not very clear. He tried to do a wash but it's still the same colour, any idea what's the cause? (pictures)

Cryptomot attached the following image(s):
IMG_20201018_090354149.jpg (54kb) downloaded 88 time(s).
IMG_20201018_090215027.jpg (57kb) downloaded 88 time(s).
2020-10-17.jpg (5,620kb) downloaded 90 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#3257 Posted : 10/25/2020 5:10:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

spicysloth wrote:
Hey ya'll. So iv done quite a few extractions, but I always make a mess. How does one pour solvent (like a small amount such as when doing a re-x) and decant acid boils without the fluid running down the side of the container/pot?

There comes a point when it's best to have a pipette, and to use containers that have a pouring spout or at least have a decent lip to them.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Tomtegubbe
#3258 Posted : 11/6/2020 7:54:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey! Just want to tell you that after lots of hesitation, I finally did my first harmala extraction and I'm very pleased with the results! I followed mostly the tao of rue extraction tek, but boiled the seeds whole and just skipped all the extra purification and the final freebase conversion. The most difficult part was to get it right in your head, but the actual work was simple enough 😀

Thank you everyone in this community for putting this together and sharing with others!
My preferred method:

rido
#3259 Posted : 11/7/2020 3:05:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've tried using mini a/b to defat with moderate success. On my most recent ACRB extraction, I used xylene to pull the fats from the acid phase. I saved this xylene to filter and reuse later. I repeated this three times. After basing I pulled with xylene three times. Then I washed the xylene with water to make sure there wasn't any base mixed in with the solvent.

I found this acid phase defat to be much easier since it didn't involve changing the pH. Is the difference between the two defat techniques just personal preference, or am I missing something?

Aeroman
#3260 Posted : 11/19/2020 9:08:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Been trying to do an extraction for a couple of weeks but so far not getting any extracted crystals, getting frustrated.

The root bark used works when brewed into mimosahuasca, I've had several intense trips with both powdered and shredded bark from 2 different sources. 20-25 grams of the bark consistently gave me my most intensive, breakthrough psychedelic experiences ever. It would be nice to have a stash of freebase so that I can trip whenever I want instead of spending most of a day preparing a brew and being careful about my diet etc. I'd also like to try pharmahuasca so I was looking for a low toxicity extraction technique.

The first attempt was Gordo Tek's lime A/B extraction. I bought some food grade calcium hydroxide and followed his instructions. I did 4 pull attempts but none resulted in crystals forming.

I'm in Europe where Naphtha is very difficult to find, I used a product which French psychonauts say is a similar substance, called Essence C - http://fuel.papo-art.com/
I heated it from around 30° up to it's boiling point in a water bath but there wasn't any DMT extraction.

I attempted straight-to-base Tek, A/B extraction in jar after brewing the root in acidic water for 7-9 hours. I tested the ph levels which were usually at ph 12-14. I bought some wundbenzin (petroleum spirit) after reading here that it is superior to naphtha but still no crystalisation.
The next thing I will try is lye.

I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. Is basifying with calcium hydroxide less effective than sodium hydroxide for extractions? Is there a fail safe method that I should try next? Thanks for your advice.

«PREV161162163164165NEXT»