We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is my rue extraction still salvagable? Options

Astralking
#1 Posted : 12/30/2009 12:41:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've really lost track of what im doing. I followed the guide written in the pdf by endlessness but i seem to have a really high yield with a taste of baking soda...

Then i read i can disolve it in cold water since harmalas dont disolve in cold water (except harmaline slightly) but it just doesn't seem to be working :S.

I mix it in the cold water, with ice sometimes, filter it and it's almost exactly the same amount as before.

I want a UV light to check theres ACTUALLY any harmalas in it because i have a feeling through all the filtering etc i've thrown away the water that DID have the harmala in it... but thats just me been scared.

Is there anything i can do with this mush? it is pretty much insoluble in cold water, but tastes like baking soda.

Thanks in advance! hope i can do something about this..
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Trickster
#2 Posted : 12/30/2009 1:51:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Astralking wrote:
I've really lost track of what im doing. I followed the guide written in the pdf by endlessness but i seem to have a really high yield with a taste of baking soda...

Then i read i can disolve it in cold water since harmalas dont disolve in cold water (except harmaline slightly) but it just doesn't seem to be working :S.

I mix it in the cold water, with ice sometimes, filter it and it's almost exactly the same amount as before.

I want a UV light to check theres ACTUALLY any harmalas in it because i have a feeling through all the filtering etc i've thrown away the water that DID have the harmala in it... but thats just me been scared.

Is there anything i can do with this mush? it is pretty much insoluble in cold water, but tastes like baking soda.

Thanks in advance! hope i can do something about this..

In a similar situation, after mixing the solids in cold water and filtering once SWIM's yield fell dramatically. Now instead of 9% she's got just around 2%. No taste of baking soda anymore.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Astralking
#3 Posted : 1/14/2010 5:15:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Still not found a way to reduce it. Tried disolving in cold water and re filtering and it's just not happening. Done it loads of times Sad please help, dont wanna have to throw it away!
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 1/14/2010 5:54:08 PM

The Great Namah

Dissolve in acidic water, add ammonia to crash out the alkaoids.

Filter and dry. Freebase Rue alkaloids, without any baking soda taste.

Not sure which extraction you were following, but rue is a rather easy one.

Boil in acidic water for 20minutes or so. Filter EXTREMELY well. Let sit overnight and decant off water from silt at bottom.

Reduce water by 1/3 or so. Add a lot of salt, don't worry about overdoing it, we'll be removing any salt contamination in the next few steps. Stick in fridge overnight. The next day there should be a bunch of brown stuff at the bottom of your jug. Filter well, keep filtrate. This removes the toxic alkaloids of rue, well it leaves them in the water, it won't crash out.

Add acidic water, filter, toss filtrate, keep water. Add ammonia until the water turns a strange mustard color...let sit or filter immediately.

Also, DRY harmala alkaloids will not glow under black light, but as soon as you add water it becomes flourecent. So don't trash your dry alkaloids because they aren't glowing. Lick your finger, and touch the alkaloids, turn on your black light. Your fingertip (where it was wet) should be glowing.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Astralking
#5 Posted : 1/15/2010 5:43:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well everytime i go out, i ALWAYS have glowing hands. no matter how well i've washed them if ive been working with teh stuff. so im pretty sure there is some in there! Will have to get some ammonia. thank you very much Smile