We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I'm nobody. How do I help expose the world to psychedelics? Options

bismillah
#1 Posted : 9/15/2020 6:07:28 PM

My Personalized Tag

This is a thought I've had for a while, but now that I've hit a real low point in my life I have the urge to do something about it.
I know it's most certainly not for everyone, but DMT has helped me so much personally that it's a crime for me to keep this knowledge to myself. I've been parousing the psychedelic community and I can see there's still a lot of stigma—some of it deserved, but the majority totally unfounded. It seems wrong.

As a young person, what can I do?
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

potnoble
#2 Posted : 9/15/2020 6:47:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Be the example!!
Show them your happiness and they will ask. (or think your crazy) Big grin
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

BecometheOther
#3 Posted : 9/15/2020 6:50:24 PM

metamorhpasizer

Rest easy, the world is already exposed to psychedelics!

Best thing you can do is to lead by example and use them responsibly. One kind of rule is you dont shove dmt down anyones throat.... If someone is going to take that plunge it takes a level of commitment and understanding on their part to do their own research and ask the right questions.

You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

null24
#4 Posted : 9/15/2020 6:55:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

potnoble wrote:
Be the example!!
Show them your happiness and they will ask. (or think your crazy) Big grin

Exactly. Physician, heal thyself!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

AiL762
#5 Posted : 9/15/2020 7:07:56 PM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

BecometheOther wrote:
Rest easy, the world is already exposed to psychedelics!

Best thing you can do is to lead by example and use them responsibly. One kind of rule is you dont shove dmt down anyones throat.... If someone is going to take that plunge it takes a level of commitment and understanding on their part to do their own research and ask the right questions.

This.

Imo I just share proper research and results like what has been shown at John Hopkins with Mushrooms. Try to destroy the stigma the counter culture/drug war created that its all for pleasure and pretty colors. That instead psychedelics unlock a strong connection to spirituality, are possibly the best mental health tools available, etc.

Show you respect the substances, that they shouldn't be taken for granted or advantage of like sadly so many do. Just because others might abuse something, you shouldn't let their actions dictate or sway you away from something that can be incredibly beneficial on so many medicinal levels.

Oh and please dont use entertainers "trip reports". There's so much stupidity in those that really will sway most skeptics away and further drive the ignorance of what the experiences are like.

Elrik
#6 Posted : 9/15/2020 9:11:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The people who try to trip millions get busted.
As said, live your ideals and be a good example. When you see someone trustworthy that is deserving, help them out. Be a drop in the tidal wave, not the tidal wave.
Awkward simile, but think of it like a disease. The first sick person doesn't need to infect a million people. If he infects 2, and each of them infects an average of 2 it goes on and on until it's spread across the whole world.
When I was "too young" by most opinions I got my first LSD trip from a cool older girl who decided I was mature enough and needed the medicine. It changed my life. I've helped others now and then with information and anonymous donations of mushroom prints. Some of the people I helped will do the same.
Caution is the best way when doing something you could be jailed for Wink

acacian
#7 Posted : 9/16/2020 12:39:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think best let people come to them themselves.. some people will of course be inquisitive hearing about your profound experiences .. I have experienced this mostly with people my own age and a sparing few in the older gens.. I think some people's belief systems are so concretely in place that to have them shattered at the age of 60 for example could be damaging... or it could be healing.. its hard to say though.. so its hard to really condone pushing them onto people..

..as Potnoble wisely pointed out, be the example.. maybe someone will ask you one day .. "hey.. how is it that you have come to be such a caring, wise and humble person when you used to be a right little sh*t?" And when you mention psychedelics as an influence, the claim may carry a little more weight to them and spark an interest..

I've given my father DMT at a festival here in Australia and he loved every moment of it and spent 10 minutes laying on the grass moaning in pleasure at how beautiful existence was. For the rest of the day we had a bond like I had never felt before. There was a new glint in his eye that I hadn't seen before. He is generally a very closed person, but that day we shared something really special. When I asked about his experience he said he felt something deeply "primordial" about the experience. But when we got home life got in the way and it became a distant memory. He's never brought it up since.. that was 10 years ago now.. and he's shown no interest in further pursuing psychedelics.

If I really pry.. he'll admit there was something to it, but he just won't change his belief system.. he sees the world the way he see's it after 60 odd years and trying DMT wasn't enough to change his belief system or lifestyle in anyway meaningful way... now its like it never even happened. Others of course will be differen't, but I'd be very nervous giving my dad psychedelics unless I was there to watch over him and help him through his fears/anxieties.. its sad, because I know DMT could offer him a lot.. but he needs to take the step himself.

Its important to remember psychedelics can damage people too..

OneIsEros
#8 Posted : 9/16/2020 1:46:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:

Its important to remember psychedelics can damage people too..

I was very gung ho about turning the world on for years, until a man I know developed PTSD from an ayahuasca experience I provided for them. They had a panic attack and fell on the floor flailing every day for two years. It wasn’t psychosis, just pure psychological trauma which they had never experienced before.

Psychedelics are good, but they come with risks. Psychosis, PTSD, and more.

Is it SUPER risky? No. But it’s a lot more dangerous than yoga or meditation, that’s for damn sure.

Honestly, at this point in time if you REALLY want to contribute to turning the world on, throw yourself into supporting MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychdelic Studies). There was a time when acid chemists and huge drug dealing networks were necessary for the world to ever turn on, but now when any college dorm resident can grow Psilocybe Cubensis, order ayahuasca materials, grow/order mescaline cactus off the internet..... it’s okay. People can get it on their own if they want it.

Personally, I provide people info about what they can get, where they can get it (no sourcing on DMTNexus of course, lol), and how to make it. The ones who are really interested will figure it out themselves. But that’s not even really “activism”, that’s just “hey neighbour who might be interested, check this out!”. I might trip with a friend, but info provision is as far as I’ll go with someone I’m not close enough with that we’d trip together. It’s just not necessary at this point in time, really, to turn the world on, unlike when it absolutely was back in the 1960’s.

But something you CAN do for true psychedelic activism, and which IS realllllly necessary and crucial at this point is supporting organizations like MAPS. That shit, more than ANYTHING happening in the world at large today, is pushing us toward integrating psychedelics into our culture, because once society realizes that responsible beneficial medical views about psychedelics are possible - why, suddenly those drugs aren’t such deranged filth after all.

Support MAPS if you really care about this. Seriously. That will (almost) certainly do way more good than you ever can as an individual for the integration of psychedelics into civil society.

bismillah
#9 Posted : 9/16/2020 1:49:38 AM

My Personalized Tag

Well, I appreciate that fact. Maybe I was unclear... I don't intend to slide psychedelics onto the plate of everyone I meet. I just hope we can overcome the stigma so people who do use them can do it without fear of persecution, and so people are free to try them, should they feel so inclined. I know a good handful of folks who'd love to see what the fuss is about, but are hesitant because of the legality, difficulty of acquiring the drugs, fear mongering, etc.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

OneIsEros
#10 Posted : 9/16/2020 2:00:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you responded before I finished editing my above post, so I’ll just reiterate what I edited: supporting MAPS is the best way to achieve your goal on a large scale. Chances are you won’t ever be able to affect the big picture through any means other than supporting groups like MAPS, it will always just be about the individuals right in front of you - which is fine! But if you’re looking for how to affect big picture stuff - support MAPS.

bismillah
#11 Posted : 9/16/2020 2:02:44 AM

My Personalized Tag

Yeah, I'm reading up on MAPS right now. Lucky me, they have a new division springing up in Toronto! Thanks for the pointer.

Tony6Strings
#12 Posted : 9/16/2020 12:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

People have more access to accurate information about psychedelic compounds, information about safety and harm reduction, online support groups, etc, then ever before in history.

Many many people are turning on. Take a look around. I just saw graffiti on plywood covering up store windows for the George Floyd riots that said RESIST PSYCHIC DEATH. Rick and Morty is the biggest thing since the Beatles.

If you have a friend, and it comes up in discussion, if they are open and receptive, by all means turn them on. Be ready to mentor them through whatever comes after. Passing the pipe holds a large responsibility.

I'm sure goes without saying, don't preach psychs willy nilly, don't turn on random people indiscriminately, and dosing someone secretly without their consent is wrong.

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Metta-Morpheus
#13 Posted : 9/17/2020 2:29:37 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I’ve found that just talking to your circle of people about what they’ve done for YOU, is the best way to peak peoples interests. If they like what you have to say, they will find their way. I was at a camping get together with a bunch of friends. Some close, some more of acquaintances. I just started talking about how much I’ve changed from dmt to one guy, and by the end of the night, 4 people had asked to try it. One was my good buddy who I didn’t think would ever try it. It blew his mind, and a year later I jokingly offered it again, and he said no thanks, but that one time did so much for him. It made me happy.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers