We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2627282930NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

FewPurpose9
#541 Posted : 7/29/2020 8:08:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
The e-mesh method is so efficient that I believe the consensus is to stay at 15mg or below for effective trips.

Indeed, 15 proved to be just right. Very happy Big grin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

croks
#542 Posted : 8/6/2020 11:46:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Here's what I got:

Geek Vape Aegis Solo
WOTOFO Profile 1.5 RDA
VandyVape 150 micron SS316L mesh

Question: at 8cm long SS316 should give 0.45 Ω, but whatever I try I always get 0.55 Ω or more. Any idea why?

I'm having trouble getting the setup procedure to work for me.
some one writes:
- temperature control mode @ 190-210°C
- manual TCR 090-110 with 35W limit for SS316 mesh.
Can't I just use that setup, or is it necessary to do the detailed procedure?

Also...

I found a plastic bottle that fits exactly on the WOTOFO, even leaving the air holes clear. I just punched a whole at the top (bottom of the bottle) to suck on. Ideally I'd like to vape the whole powder without inhaling (5-MeO-DMT in my case, never more than 10mg), then just clear the bottle when it's ready. Does the Vape absolutely need airflow to vaporize the powder? Or can the mesh be made to stay at 200C until everything is vaped?

Trivial R
#543 Posted : 8/7/2020 1:06:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello guys,

I experimented a little with this method myself, and for sure I will stick with it.
I use a Wotofo Profile RDA atomizer and two kinds of ss316 mesh, one the well known VandyVape 150 micron SS316L and another ss316L mesh of 500 micron by Smoktech that they sell as sheet (150mm x 150mm) they both do their job well but I like a little more the sheet one because, as mentioned before, you can cut some sides to hold the spice.
Another thing, my mesh glowed only when I burned it, after that, in TC mode at 420 F it never glows, however it does its job very well, one hit means all.
The Mod that I used is a Geek Vape Aegis.

Have a good day!!

Some gifts come into our lives unexpectedly, and yet they're still gifts.

PedroSanchez
#544 Posted : 8/8/2020 6:03:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i am trying to build this but when looking up a Geek Vape Aegis and vandy vape mesh RDA it looks like those two items alone are going to cost £45 (UK).
i am trying to spend as little as possible right now because im poor. can anybody suggest any cheaper mods or mesh RDAs?

i found a Vapor Storm ECO for £15, but it doesnt look like it work. there is only one button so i cant imagine it having temperature control

i found a vandy vape mesh RDA on ebay for £15, but are there any cheaper options?

thanks for the help

zikzak
#545 Posted : 8/21/2020 8:37:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anybody experimented with making a double layer of mesh strips? - just one on top of the other with just a tiny bit of distance between them.. Basically it makes much more surface area for the substance to attach to if needed - and the bottom layer would pick up any drips and vaporize them. I guess it would use the batteries much faster? I just made a test but I'm not gonna use it for DMT for some time so just wanted to hear if anybody played around with this?

downwardsfromzero
#546 Posted : 8/21/2020 4:39:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

zikzak wrote:
Anybody experimented with making a double layer of mesh strips? - just one on top of the other with just a tiny bit of distance between them.. Basically it makes much more surface area for the substance to attach to if needed - and the bottom layer would pick up any drips and vaporize them. I guess it would use the batteries much faster? I just made a test but I'm not gonna use it for DMT for some time so just wanted to hear if anybody played around with this?

I'm guessing, based on the simple laws of electricity, that the mesh strips would have to be twice as long to present the same resistance value. This means you'd be using 4 times the length of mesh overall. The important question then becomes, how does one fit all that mesh into the RDA?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

zikzak
#547 Posted : 8/21/2020 5:23:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
zikzak wrote:

I'm guessing, based on the simple laws of electricity, that the mesh strips would have to be twice as long to present the same resistance value. This means you'd be using 4 times the length of mesh overall. The important question then becomes, how does one fit all that mesh into the RDA?

Would it have to be the same resistance? My mod reads 0.11Ω after putting two strips in it and functions fine (looking it up it works from 0.1Ω to 3.5Ω) in wattage mode.

downwardsfromzero
#548 Posted : 8/21/2020 8:57:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

In that case it should probably be OK then - if there's room enough for the mesh.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

DeadDreams
#549 Posted : 8/28/2020 7:19:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you for sharing this method. Once I was able to fine tune it, it works perfectly every time and is probably one of the most cost effective and efficient methods of administration.

I thought I'd share my settings which resulted in a true breakthrough using 25 - 30 mg in 2 hits.

Here is my set-up:

Voopoo Drag 2
Vandy Vape Mesh RDA
VV 150 mesh roll
0.23 ohms
35W limit on TC
160 - 170 degrees Celsius

pulsing the button the moment it starts to get harsh.

I tried the "slight glow in a dark room", but it proved to be much too hot.

Once I got it down to 170 degrees C, after exhaling the second hit, an overwhelming sense of dread overtook me.

I had smoked it using 1:1 e juice many times before, had been in the presence of many different entities, seen various rooms made of undulating code, transformed my physical shape under the guidance of entities, I have even been able to manipulate photons, light particles and atoms making up the space around me... all experiences which i considered breakthroughs... but they were nothing like this.

The moment of exhale resulted in a swarm of blackness overcoming my vision while 'critters' scattered about the carpet. I clutched at the floor thinking something has gone terribly wrong, I couldn't breathe, I was dying.

Then, *boom*, I was in the presence of the greatest expanse of information I couldn't imagine. Just a sea of code. What I consider to be the source code of everything that is. The space was unfathomably vast. I was in the presence of what felt like true consciousness. Fundamental reality.
Nothing I had experienced before.

So yeah, once I found the right temp for my set-up, it blew my mind Smile

Thank you.

PedroSanchez
#550 Posted : 9/2/2020 1:29:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeadDreams wrote:
Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you for sharing this method. Once I was able to fine tune it, it works perfectly every time and is probably one of the most cost effective and efficient methods of administration.

I thought I'd share my settings which resulted in a true breakthrough using 25 - 30 mg in 2 hits.

Here is my set-up:

Voopoo Drag 2
Vandy Vape Mesh RDA
VV 150 mesh roll
0.23 ohms
35W limit on TC
160 - 170 degrees Celsius

pulsing the button the moment it starts to get harsh.

I tried the "slight glow in a dark room", but it proved to be much too hot.

Once I got it down to 170 degrees C, after exhaling the second hit, an overwhelming sense of dread overtook me.

I had smoked it using 1:1 e juice many times before, had been in the presence of many different entities, seen various rooms made of undulating code, transformed my physical shape under the guidance of entities, I have even been able to manipulate photons, light particles and atoms making up the space around me... all experiences which i considered breakthroughs... but they were nothing like this.

The moment of exhale resulted in a swarm of blackness overcoming my vision while 'critters' scattered about the carpet. I clutched at the floor thinking something has gone terribly wrong, I couldn't breathe, I was dying.

Then, *boom*, I was in the presence of the greatest expanse of information I couldn't imagine. Just a sea of code. What I consider to be the source code of everything that is. The space was unfathomably vast. I was in the presence of what felt like true consciousness. Fundamental reality.
Nothing I had experienced before.

So yeah, once I found the right temp for my set-up, it blew my mind Smile

Thank you.

i would love to read that trip report Smile

Skrjabin
#551 Posted : 9/2/2020 4:02:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I recently discovered this way of vaping dmt. I have acquired a Geekvape Aegis mini + the Vv mesh V2 atomizer.
I’m still playing with the setting to find out how to configure it, and I can’t seem to get it right. I haven’t tried it out with spice yet.

At 200C, .27 ohm locked, 30 W and tcr 105 it glows bright in a lit room, not the slightly glowing I should be getting in a dark one. I’m using the ss316 that came with the vv, a bigger sheet is on the way.

When I lower the temperature to 100, the glow is just as bright. Does this mean the tc is broken?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,
Skrjabin

Update: lowering the tcr to 75 and temperature to 125 seems to have helped. I now get a short but very bright orange glow, after which it becomes a very soft, more red glowing. Will the bright glow at first burn the dmt, or is this the way it’s supposed to be? If not, how to fix?

spicysloth
#552 Posted : 9/7/2020 1:44:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello gentlemen,

I have come across this thread, after purchasing my pico 25 sai (non taf) kit (kanthal coil)... Would you recommend that a complete noob in my predicament go the custom e-mesh route, or fork over an additional $25 and get the top airflow cap with a titanium bucket? Also, why do people use the titanium bucket over the quarts? I feel like the easier to heat quarts would be advantageous.

zikzak
#553 Posted : 9/7/2020 7:47:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spicysloth wrote:
Hello gentlemen,

I have come across this thread, after purchasing my pico 25 sai (non taf) kit (kanthal coil)... Would you recommend that a complete noob in my predicament go the custom e-mesh route, or fork over an additional $25 and get the top airflow cap with a titanium bucket? Also, why do people use the titanium bucket over the quarts? I feel like the easier to heat quarts would be advantageous.

I never got my Sai to work that good. Then got the DT V4 and I'm really satisfied with that. The quartz buckets have a tendency to let the substance creep up on the sides. That's the main problem. It heats slower as well (for the DT V4 anyway) but retains heat longer.

fog
#554 Posted : 9/14/2020 4:03:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed a lot of discussion about loading doses here.

With my Acacia source I never get perfect crystals even after a mini A/B. I see crystals form during freeze precip but they always end up as a wax probably due to some impurity or NMT. I don't even bother scraping my crystals up anymore. I just rinse out my precip vessel with a minimal volume of warm ethanol, pour it into a small shallow glass jar, and evap the ethanol at low temp on my food dehydrator. Once all the ethanol is evaporated (when the weight plateaus), over the next 6 or so hours it solidifies into a beautiful crystalline wax.

This wax is perfect for loading mesh. Its so easy to break off a couple of chunks with a dab tool of small flat head screwdriver, weigh them, hold the chunks up to the mesh and pulse until it is absorbed. Never spill anything. Even a spilled bit of wax is super easy to pick up.

I imagine a similar wax could be produced by melting crystals in your chosen glass vessel at minimal temperature then letting them solidify?

Skrjabin
#555 Posted : 9/15/2020 12:22:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is anyone else experiencing contact problems with a mesh sheet and the vv mesh V2? It seems to be that it’s not connecting properly, however when I use the mesh coils that came with the vv it works perfectly. It’s a 100 316SS sheet.

I’ve soaked multiple times in acetone to clean. Could it be a wrong mesh sheet? And if so, what could be wrong?

Any help much appreciated!

spicysloth
#556 Posted : 9/20/2020 11:46:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to yet again divert the thread from it's current subject of finding the most proper vaporization method. But I have a quartz bucket for my sai taf, and I was wondering if there is any reason I shouldn't take out the quartz bucket and set tcr to around 230 (since its a tungsten wire) and vape it straight off the ceramic heating element? Im primarily jut checking if this is safe, but any input would be appreciated since I am a complete noob to vaping. (I have a pico 25 with artic fox on it)

Eezergoode
#557 Posted : 9/21/2020 4:01:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks to you guys. Its been years since Ive had any spice but i can remember how difficult it was to smoke properly.

So far i have my aegis and wotofo all set up. Tried a little spice on it last night and works like a charm.

Ill admit it has been many years, a little nervous before a big hit haha!
Now marching through time.

Egzoset
#558 Posted : 9/21/2020 8:01:47 PM

Vaporist of Borg

spicysloth wrote:
Sorry to yet again divert the thread from it's current subject of finding the most proper vaporization method.

It's not here. There's valuable skills to put to contribution but it's not happening here neither... Only further vilification awaits, for some obscure benefits incompatible with your own i think.

Conduction heat is bad enough and such waste of energy to heat some metal mass kind of hammers down the nail for me, in principle anyway. Now the socialization is like icing on that cake, much too sweet for diabetics i must warn!

Good day, have fun!! Surprised

Tomtegubbe
#559 Posted : 9/21/2020 9:09:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Big thanks to everyone who have contributed to this method. I believe this is the superior route of administration and should be made the official recommendation. It took me a while to realize that you get all the equipment you need from the nearest vape shop. Very powerful and finally you can skip the come up anxiety.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

quantimoto
#560 Posted : 10/7/2020 9:03:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

mattw1994 wrote:
The trvp 2 did not seem to be effective because there is very little space when u try to fit the mesh in. It is better meant for building coils onto the dish. the vandy vape rda is better. Been a while since I have done e mesh method cause I got annoyed how it would change temp and would have to keep messing with the tcr to get the dim light in the dark but it was a solid way to visit hyperspace in possibly just 1 hit. I have stuck to effective dab pens in the recent past

Can you please expand on this reasoning a bit re: the trvp2? did you try it personally or based on what you could see online? What does the 'little space' reference you make mean, exactly? Little where? why couldn't you cut a cross shape to fill the entire ceramic bowl there? Just asking because it seems like a better design to me too

«PREV2627282930NEXT»