We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Solution to throat/coughing problems with spice!! Options

t0kin
#21 Posted : 4/21/2011 9:27:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

closet-chemist1010 wrote:
thanks felnik, I will be sure to try that soon.

my only smoking device is a bong, but instead of a bowl, I have an oil burner (meth pipe).
is it possible to combine the mullien and spice in a way where it could be vaporized?
I am a little unsure of how I would go about this,

thanks in advance

Happy travels

Ever try just sprinkling some on a bowl and smoking that? You'll need a bit more but it should be easier for you to handle it. I just posted about this in another thread so I won't repeat it here, but you might take a look.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

obliguhl
#22 Posted : 4/21/2011 6:17:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I've found an albuterol inhaler to be helpful if you have a hard time toking

Careful with changa. If i remember correctly, it might be dangerous to use with MAOI.

It's also amazingly harsh for me all the time. Different people, different problems.

fog
#23 Posted : 9/14/2020 9:27:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to weigh in. Many replies were saying the OP was just not vaporizing correctly. This is not correct. Some people are simply more sensitive to freebase vapor.

I can vape perfectly, low temperature, convection, beautiful smell and taste, not a hint of burning, but I still have difficulty inhaling. No difficulty holding it in, no discomfort afterwords, just the moment of passing vapor through my throat. Water cooling makes no difference. This discomfort is directly proportional to the DENSITY of vapor.

The solution is to find your limit and get a lungful of vapor at that density limit. You may need multiple hits. But then again, some people (like myself) have higher sensitivity so that it becomes difficult to breakthrough.

I don't think using some kind of cough suppressant/anesthetic in the form of a lozenge or throat spray is a bad idea. Of course be careful of any possible interactions. It's something I might look into.

Egzoset
#24 Posted : 9/14/2020 11:26:34 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Fog,

fog wrote:
The solution is...

And the winner is...

[ h t t p s : / / w w w . d m t - n e x u s . m e / f o r u m / d e f a u l t . a s p x ? g = p o s t s & t = 8 7 4 1 9 ]
Semi-DiY Pulse-Heating transformation (based on VaporGenie Classic/Bronze Sherlock)

Too bad one needs to try it 1st just to get the point what's that all about but at least it would show you both the consumption method and individual requirements are involved.

Good day, have fun!! Cool

bismillah
#25 Posted : 9/14/2020 12:59:36 PM

My Personalized Tag

Yeah, I used to just use a Hall's throat lozenge (when I vaped out of a pickle jar lol). I don't really need it anymore. The burn is pretty bad for me, but manageable when you know to expect it.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

fog
#26 Posted : 9/15/2020 6:04:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Update: Tried a lozenge with active ingredient hexylresorcinol today. Worked perfectly. It was almost confusing the lack of my normal throat tightening reflex. I'm really pleased! Hexylresorcinol is a Phenol derivative which aligns with the OP's experience.

Once again, I completely understand that poor vaporization technique can cause harshness. I've used arizer eq (convection + temp control) and direct e-mesh with temp control. It's purely a physiological reaction that some are more sensitive to.

Egzoset
#27 Posted : 9/15/2020 1:12:05 PM

Vaporist of Borg

fog wrote:
It's purely a physiological reaction that some are more sensitive to.

Please care to experiment with my FogBong! and then compare using "Inlet Water" before you come back to me with that same statement again... M'well, if you ever do anyway.

PREV12