We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
West Coast is Burning... Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 9/13/2020 3:36:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you live in Washington, Oregon or California, you are likely already aware there are large wildfires going in all three states. Portland is smoked in (I will attach a photo my sister sent from there). Most of us are dealing with some level of smoke and ashes.

We had a hot dry summer, followed by high wind which downed some power lines starting some of the fires, and spreading them like crazy.

Some town have to evacuate. Please keep the west in your thoughts and prayers my friends.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 9/13/2020 4:41:58 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I read something like 3 million acres have already burned up, and it’s just hitting normal fire season.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

null24
#3 Posted : 9/13/2020 5:57:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

In a typical year in Oregon, 500,000 acres burn. Close to 1,000,000 have been lost in the last 5 days.

This pics are from my back yard in Portland at 5:00PM friday and 5:00 saturday, air quality here is among the worst in the world. We are not under evac orders, but counties to the East are, and countless homes have been lost across the state. These fires are classified as "urban wildfires" due to the large amount of structures threatened or burned. This is a catastrophe in a time of tragedies, and will be coming to an area near you in the future.

How's the air up north, Tony?
null24 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200910_171140418[1].jpg (1,045kb) downloaded 188 time(s).
IMG_20200912_165551227[1].jpg (1,169kb) downloaded 187 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 9/13/2020 6:25:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We've got some smoke. Nothing like what you guys are dealing with. Mild in comparison.
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Achilles
#5 Posted : 9/13/2020 6:37:33 PM

I is the obstacle.

I hope everyone makes it through ok. I couldn’t imagine having wildfires the way a place like California does.. thoughts and prayers go out ❤️❤️❤️
This guys ego ^

AiL762
#6 Posted : 9/13/2020 8:59:11 PM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

Just wanted to wish y'all the best and hope stay healthy from this all. Much love and be safe.

Sunnyside
#7 Posted : 9/13/2020 10:34:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony and Null, thanks for the update, I was wondering how you folks were doing.

Be safe as you can.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Tony6Strings
#8 Posted : 9/14/2020 3:57:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Went out for groceries and cannabis oil. More smoke today, mild no longer how I would describe.
olympus mon wrote:

null24
#9 Posted : 9/14/2020 4:10:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have words. More goddamn tears. It's just so bad. Everything is so goddamn bad. Never seen anything like this, it's like dense fog that gives me a headache. The satellite photos are horrible. Worst part is, here in the valley, we won't see much clearing for awhile. It's making me feel sick now but it's not easy to escape exactly.

A lot of these places that have burned are close to me, hold memories, have people close to me that still live there. Especially down by Eugene. One of the camping spots i posted photos of here earlier this summer is gone, i think.

Some of these fires will burn into Winter.

We knew this was going to happen. All of it, every tragedy if the last pitiful year, and did nothing.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

potnoble
#10 Posted : 9/14/2020 8:43:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hope nature sends some rain. Wish you the best.
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

jamie
#11 Posted : 9/14/2020 2:30:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Full on fire season here in the south okanagan(canadian side). I am 2 blocks out of an evacuation zone and the alert has been lifted thank god. Only one house on the hillside above me has burnt down...thanks to coordinated efforts of mainly fire crews from around the province, but also local police etc establishing/assisting needed evac zones...working day and night durring a pandemic, putting themselves at risk to save our town...and they did.

While tourists gawked on, from other provinces etc, not isolating...partying while neighbourhoods on the mountain above the lake burned...

This actually made me pretty damn angry. I realised out of town fire crews were sleeping in tents in a field. Evacuated residents were also forced to go to towns 30 mins away etc for rooms...because toutists had continued to come here, many from alberta who were sopposed to be isolating. It is a mess...only a few local hotels made rooms available for evacuees and fire fighteres.

Im very close to the US border and we have strong south winds bringing in thick smoke. It is hard to breath outside. You get a headache after not too long. Its like a thick fog.

Long live the unwoke.

null24
#12 Posted : 9/14/2020 8:47:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These are unprecedented fires in Oregon, it's really, really bad.
Maybe if you have some bucks to spare, I'm sure any help will be welcomed by relief orgs. I'll find and post some links in case there's interest.

This is a wonderful place, the forest will be back, we have exploding mountains and stuff so it's used to it. I swipe-googled "forest fire" yesterday and it spelled out "doesn't die"... It's the affected humans who will have difficulty recovering.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Orion
#13 Posted : 9/15/2020 12:44:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel for you all having to put up with this, now of all times. I know it may not mean much now but please be well and stay safe.

Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

bismillah
#14 Posted : 9/15/2020 1:31:47 PM

My Personalized Tag

I believe we have smoke alll the way up here in Southern Ontario. Either that, or a perfectly uniform layer of cloud in the upper atmosphere that's been hanging around for half a week... Seems unlikely. It's my first time seeing something like this. Those fires gotta be something else.

2020, year of our Lord!
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

null24
#15 Posted : 9/16/2020 9:10:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Supposedly the coast is clearing up a little, i might have to go there this weekend to get some air. This is portland today, and there's no fog. Quite dry actually.

Unfortunately in the valley, we're going to be socked in with this for awhile, inversion layers and all.

I'd apologize for all the second hand smoke, rest of the northern hemisphere, but this isn't the kind of fire i burn.
null24 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200916_130630523_HDR.jpg (2,450kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*