We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How aninals react to you while on psychedelics Options

Psyzsee
#21 Posted : 9/8/2020 6:03:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My dog has never mixed well with some long lasting experiences like hairs standing up and everything pit and Shephard mix

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Shizballs
#22 Posted : 9/9/2020 10:18:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sophia5000 wrote:
I'm really curious about other people's observations on animal behavior, during a psychedelic voyage. I know that a person's behavior patterns can change during a trip, which can make an animal (especially one co-habitats with you) pick up on a difference easily...but I wonder if there is something more to this?
In a normal setting, my eldest girl dog can be aloof and distant. When I am under the influence of psychedelics, she becomes a material nurturer. She checks on me or will just sit by my side for hours. However, my younger boy dog that normally loves to cuddle and lick looks confused and bit weary. He's not scared of me by far, but just looks like the normal pattern of understanding is murky.

Would love to hear your feedback and personal experiences.

They are likely sensing what is happening in your brain and reacting to it.

Excerpt From
When the Body Says No
Gabor Mate, M.D.
This material may be protected by copyright.

“Rachel’s pet rabbit, on the other hand, is acutely sensitive to her owner’s emotional states. When Rachel is angry, the rabbit simply refuses be picked up by her. “If I know I’m angry I’ll leave her alone. If I am angry but don’t know it, she won’t let me touch her—she tells me and I’ll check in inside, and sure enough I’m angry about something.” Although this seems strange to some people, the explanation is straightforward. People and their pets connect via shared brain structures that predate the development of the human frontal cortex with its apparatus of language and rationality. Animals and humans interact from their respective limbic systems, the brain’s emotional parts. Unlike people, animals are acutely sensitive to messages from the limbic brain—both their own and that of their owners. In Rachel’s unconscious anger the rabbit senses a threat.

PREV12