We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Aruba!!! Options

mew
#1 Posted : 1/10/2010 2:20:46 AM

huachumancer

ok so im in aruba ( yes i know you are indeed jealous ) and there are huge cacti everywhere, i was wondering if anyone has read of any psychoactive succulents and such of the area. for that matter any psychedelic/psychotropic plant would be worth my investigation of since i am here. i mean i just asked for a drink at the bar, and voila! this is a country of promises!

peace and light friends

p.s. im still building a psychedelic defense case if anyone has any relevant input

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 1/10/2010 2:24:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

did you move to aruba?
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#3 Posted : 1/10/2010 2:33:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I cant find anything...but yopo was used throughout the carribean so you might find anadenanthera columbrina there if you are lucky..

edit...I see that its only 20 miles of the coast of venezuela?..I would think anadenanthers trees would be growing there..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#4 Posted : 1/10/2010 2:49:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so I did some more research and the Arawak peoples were the origional inhabitants of Aruba..and they migrated from the mainland in the orinoca basin..they used yopo..so it makes sense that they would have taken the seeds with them and grown them out when the settled in aruba, if the trees were not already growing there..you learn something every day..

I bet that taking a look at the artwork and carvings of the Arawak peoples of Aruba would be able to shed more light on this..
Long live the unwoke.

psilyguy
#5 Posted : 1/10/2010 5:49:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
did you move to aruba?

He ran to Aruba! LOL!

mew
#6 Posted : 1/11/2010 5:38:47 PM

huachumancer

i didnt flee to aruba, a family friend offered up their time share to us because theye couldnt go, so essentially its a last minute cheap vacation.

ill be looking for arawak stuff now, thanks for the yopo tip.

im going to take some pictures of these cacti and post them.

i plan on taking a good 9 inches (5 inches diameter) and simmering it in lemon water for preparation. the spines are wayyyyy to insane to begin removing without my handy dandy shaman toolkit. yay for water!

jamie
#7 Posted : 1/11/2010 7:06:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i would be careful with unkown cacti species..could be poison you necer know..
Long live the unwoke.

mew
#8 Posted : 1/11/2010 11:34:16 PM

huachumancer

could be, but if im out with hundreds of thousands of cacti and one of them speaks to me, like it did today, id rather take that gamble than regret not experiencing it for the rest of my life. i quite literally saw hundreds of thousands today... it was breathtaking

anything more on the arawak?
i have to learn to ID yopo, also i think i have found large amounts of acacia, another plant i need to learn to id

jamie
#9 Posted : 1/12/2010 1:59:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well, still..be very freakin careful with unidentified species of anything...
Long live the unwoke.

mew
#10 Posted : 1/12/2010 2:31:20 AM

huachumancer

i think death by cacti would be my preferred method of passing anyway

jamie
#11 Posted : 1/12/2010 3:00:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dude are you fucking kidding me? I cant figure out whether or not you actaully have a death wish man...just becasue you see a columnar cacti does not mean it has mescaline in it or that it is not deadly toxic..

Hope that works out for you..

But we dont need other people reading that that dont know better and then going off and randomly eating any old cactus they see without proper id before hand...not good.
Long live the unwoke.

MagikVenom
#12 Posted : 1/12/2010 3:26:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Suicybe wrote:
i think death by cacti would be my preferred method of passing anyway

I dunno about that slow death by thousands of infected spine wounds sounds horrid to meLaughing

Any extra room in Aruba?

I would love to spend time there identifying the plant and animal species there.
Not to mention talking to the ladies and hanging on the beach.

Good to hear you are in paradise! There were some unsavory rumors floating about.

I am sure the locals got some info on the plant flora. They grow some sweet bud down there and may know other plants as wellWink

Peace
MV

mew
#13 Posted : 1/12/2010 8:42:53 PM

huachumancer

due to the lack of medical care id receive if necessary from a poisonous cacti ive decided to post pone my death wish for another more fitting time, like at the end of my trip... Smile

yes the buds are supposedly sweet here, but i cant seem to find anyone who dosent want to sell just a couple bucks worth, unfortuantely i have little spending money

the plants are fantastic as are the animals. i think theres copious amounts of acacia here, i wouldnt know for sure. im going to visit arawak cave paintings in the next few days ill take some pics.

peace yall

yea unsavory rumors, like... i got busted because my room mate got a warrant and they found me instead.... lolz its all good

Kartikay
#14 Posted : 1/12/2010 8:47:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
p.s. im still building a psychedelic defense case if anyone has any relevant input

This article suggests the best defense that I have encountered so far: http://csp.org/society/d.../telr-free_exercise.html

Essentially, it involves having proof, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the use of psychedelics was for religious purposes. It uses the Free Exercise Clause in our Constitution and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 (thank you Bill Clinton) as legal defense.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

mew
#15 Posted : 1/13/2010 7:57:38 PM

huachumancer

i cant tell if mimosa grows here or not, some species of acacia's leaves look simmilar to those of Anadenanthera's, i suppose i should have plucked those yellow flower balls after all for ID, im going back around the island to id and collect some.

also according to wikipedia some acacia contains mescaline, wtf?

mew
#16 Posted : 1/14/2010 6:46:31 AM

huachumancer

im brewing that cacti i was talking about, i plan to sample it in the next day or so.. if only coatl would say something cuz then id reply wiht a photo

MagikVenom
#17 Posted : 1/14/2010 7:16:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Suicybe wrote:
im brewing that cacti i was talking about, i plan to sample it in the next day or so.. if only coatl would say something cuz then id reply wiht a photo

WHAT no reply from Coatl! I am going to check the Jails and Hospitals I care about her and hope she is ok. It will take awile to check to south eastern US. I hope she turns up before then. Hey Coatl call home!.....Laughing

I love all the members of our community.

Peace
MV

jamie
#18 Posted : 1/14/2010 8:32:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont think coatl is around the nexus right now...

Check cacti free forums...sure you will find her there..
Long live the unwoke.

MagikVenom
#19 Posted : 1/14/2010 9:36:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I dont think coatl is around the nexus right now...

Check cacti free forums...sure you will find her there..

Thanks for the update but I aint searching. I guess I missed the latest incident. Laughing

Damn that is dysfunction! How in the hell can one have multi proublems at the Nexus?

Its one of the friendliest most balanced places I have ever known.

What a shameSad

I am sure it was necessary.

Live and learn eventually, hopefully

Peace
MV

Espiridion
#20 Posted : 1/14/2010 3:29:32 PM

--who.??..ME??--

'Coatl-interruptus...

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung