We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD? Options

shaman1966
#1 Posted : 9/3/2020 9:01:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all

SWIM is currently on what he thinks is 1/4 tab of LSD but wants some opinions to confirm that's what it really is, as SWIM has recently had a bad Nbome experience before. For convenience (and to contrast), I will post both the bad Nbome experience and the current rather pleasant experience.

The Nbome experience

SWIM took 1/2 tab of what he believed was LSD. Put it under his tongue and left it there for a good few min. It passed the Ehrlich test, but as he's now learned, that test can be fooled by simply putting some melatonin into the nbome solution (as melatonin is an indole, and Ehrlich just tests for the presence of an indole). After approx 15 min, SWIM felt his heart rate climb. High. He measured it. 126bpm. No visuals. Slightly more vivid colours. Very uncomfortable feeling. Metallic taste in mouth. Tongue numb.

After about an hour, fingers and toes were totally numb. Heart rate fluctuated wildly between 80 and 150 (averaging around 130-140). SWIM starts working out this is not LSD. Gets paranoid.

For the next 20 hours, SWIM is thinking he will die. Heart rate averages 120-140 bpm on average but varies wildly between 80 and 180, and it comes in waves. So a 5min rest at 80 and then 2 min at 180 then 30min on 130-140 or something like that. No real visuals, colours a bit cartoony and things are more vivid. Occasionally experience a bout of euphoria but there may have been 10min of that and 20 hours of suffering and paranoia.

SWIM goes to bed. Heart rate at 120. Isn't sure whether he will wake up the next morning. SWIM might have gotten 1 hour of sleep that night if he was lucky. Feels dreadful in the morning. Heart rate is better (fluctuates between 80 and 120bpm if SWIM just sits still, but skyrockets up to 150 if SWIM walks anywhere). Colours still vivid and a little cartoony.

SWIM takes a berocca and an aspirin after reading they help. They do to an extent. By the end of the following day the worst of it wore off, but SWIM still had heart rate issues for the next week and put himself on aspirin for the next month just in case.

Current experience

SWIM tests a tab of LSD. Erlich turns purple. Marquis turns a yellow with a hint of orange (a little suspicious for 25i) and Froehde turns a light grey-brown with a hint of yellow (inconsistent with 25i and somewhat consistent with LSD).

SWIM decides to taste-test 1/4 tab. The tab is a little bitter. Out of an abundance of caution, SWIM spits it out, fearing a repeat of last time. SWIM takes around 2min to pack up and head inside. Within another 2-3 min, SWIM feels his heart start pumping. Gets a little paranoid, but thinks it might just be because he climbed some stairs to get inside his house.

Heart rate jumps to around 100bpm. Then to 111bpm. Then oscillates between 100 and 111bpm for about 1 hour. SWIM is getting paranoid. SWIM feels the very tip of his tongue turn numb. His toes go cold. No visuals but colours are more vivid. SWIM thinks this might be a rehash of last time and preemptively takes an aspirin and a berocca to not die.

Around 20-30min after doing this, heart rate stabilises at 80bpm, occasionally jumping to 100bpm but not more. SWIM felt reassured and started walking around. Thought he might even enjoy this experience. SWIM has discovered that stepping on carpets is the most comfortable thing in the world. Proceeds to go up and down carpeted staircase barefoot about 3 times because it's awesome. Colours are more vivid and SWIM can smell everything more intensely. The carpet, his neighbours cooking, the soil in the garden. It all smells amazing. SWIM relaxes. No more muscle tightness, just enjoying the ride.

SWIM starts thinking that he's either taken real LSD or a very small dose of NBOME (as he spat it out). Checks mirror for pupil dilation (SWIM knows you shouldn't usually look in the mirror when high, but SWIM doesn't feel that high). Pupils not dilated much. Or at least, nothing close to MDMA. SWIM doesn't feel the raciness he felt when on NBOME, SWIM settles into the computer chair and feels like he's sinking in. It's SOO comfortable. ALmost like SWIM just smoked an indica and went into couch lock mode but with nicer colours.

SWIM starts typing this post. SWIM is now tripping out on his fingers typing on the keyboard. They look kinda funny. Almost like they have a life of their own...

Do you think SWIM got the real LSD?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PedroSanchez
#2 Posted : 9/3/2020 12:53:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sounds very similar to anxiety/panic attack to me.

measurements like half or quarter of a tab mean nothing. there is a huge variation in how much you find on a tab, even from the same batch. using what i have in stock as an example, quarter of a tab could mean anything from 25ug to 62.5ug.

in my opinion 25-62.5ug is enough to get mild visuals at most. it is certainly not surprising to hear the results you described on quarter of a tab, it certainly sounds like it could be LSD to me, but it also does not rule out anything else.

the only odd reaction is the heart rate, at least at those doses, but it is safe to say that you are worried about it. our hearts can do crazy things when we are worried, particularly about a substance that is in our body.

that is my opinion on your experience, but nothing compares to testing your samples. i am not an expert in that area so i would suggest digging around for tests that can be done. there are even labs around that will test your samples, some do it free.
here is some further info on analysis:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Category:Substance_analysis

monomind
#3 Posted : 9/3/2020 4:11:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

- If ehrlich turns purple - its not nbome.

- Bitter taste is not a good indication since it can be caused by the paper/ink used.

- AFAIK nbome is not very active orally, so swallowing the tab instead of holding it in your mouth
will give you extra security in this regard.

Hope it helps Smile

shaman1966
#4 Posted : 9/4/2020 12:53:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks both

SWIM slept through the night. Slightly elevated heart rate (around 90bpm). SWIM woke up with 110 bpm heart rate then went back down to 80-90. Colours are still vivid. Tongue is numb. Tips of fingers are numb. It's a very mild version of the previous experience.

SWIM concludes that either:
- Both experiences were LSD and SWIM just freaked out in the first one; or
- Both experiences were Nbome and this experience was just a threshold dose.

Either way, it seems that LSD isn't working for SWIM. Either the tabs are not real LSD (and SWIM has tried a number of [them]), or SWIM simply doesn't have a great reaction to LSD and should stick with other psychedelics.

SWIM might give LSD a rest for a while. Never say never, but not for a while.

PedroSanchez
#5 Posted : 9/4/2020 3:33:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

NO SOURCING TALK!

if you cant find a supplier you are confident with then that might be the best option for now. there is no sense in making yourself uncomfortable, even if everything is legit.

for the record, i dont think measuring your heart rate every step of the way is helping. i understand being cautious, but it sounds like you are making yourself paranoid.

do you partake in other drugs? DMT, for example?
if so, how do they make you feel compared to this report? and what is the difference as far as the source goes?

shaman1966
#6 Posted : 9/4/2020 6:44:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeh I agree. SWIM has done shrooms many times, MDMA, low dose ket and has had a few breakthroughs with DMT. All experiences with those have been incredible, and I had an elevated heart rate and blood pressure with all of them but didn't seem to mind for some reason. On MDMA I was at a constant 120-30 bpm and was ok. Same with shrooms. I couldn't measure on DMT because I was in another dimension, but I felt a massive spike on the comeup. LSD seems to be the odd one out.

The more SWIM thinks about it, the more he thinks this was was low dose Nbome. It felt more like a slightly more visual MDMA and SWIM is STILL getting mild visuals, numb tongue, slightly elevated heart rate and numb extremities. Taking aspirin to keep it all in check and reduce the load, but not worried as the effects are WAY milder than last time.

Shrooms is much more nauseating and the comeup is way milder on them in terms of heart rate and feeling my body. I also never felt a super elevated heart rate on shrooms. Always a little (maybe 80-90bpm and maybe 110 when I peak but then that's it). They're also much more deep natury and internal. When SWIM is on shrooms, he feels like he's reconnecting with Gaia in his soul, whereas this is like being in a cartoon where all colours are about 10% more vivid.

Now that I think about it, some of the comeup on this reminded me of my DMT breakthrough comeups. Very racy, very tense. DMT was way more intense though as I started sweating intensely and thought I was melting. Next thing I knew my soul was hovering above my limp body and I thought I was dead but then got transported into another dimension to meet a deity, but that is another story.

But it was a bit weird, because after about an hour of that raciness on this stuff, it melted back into being pretty chill. Basically like I was stoned on an indica...everything was really comfortable, I thensaw heightened colours, so not sure what that means.

In any case, I might send these tabs to a lab, and lab test any future tabs I get. If this was real LSD maybe it's just not for me. I've found that with some drugs like strong weed strains. They make me a bit paranoid and upset my emotions for the next week so just not worth the hassle, particularly when there are so many other cool ones to explore.