We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Surprised by Harmine/THH effects Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 10/8/2019 1:36:39 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I recently took 200mg of a Harmine/THH mix from Zn reduced alkaloids (unseparated Harmine and Harmaline from rue which were not separated). The freebase weight was dissolved in pineapple juice. Reduction is assumed (not verified). It did seem to work based on color changes.

Plan was to start vaping DMT at the 30 minute mark, but I did not because I was surprised by the effects. Strongly different head space, motor function affected (could not walk well/smoothly as if drunk), and rain-like tracers seen if I looked down and then up. This lasted for about 3 to 4 hours and came on after 20 minutes. There was also some mild nausea at hour two or so (no purge).

This was very different from the a usual Harmine/Harmaline 200mg dose where the effects are much less strong (just a mild different head space).

Is this normal? I'm thinking of sending the product from the reduction out for analysis. The difference in effects from (supposedly) changing Harmaline to THH was shocking enough that I shut down the DMT dosing plan. However, if this is inline with what others have experienced and expected I'll go for it next time.

Thank you.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jees
#2 Posted : 10/8/2019 1:55:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice experience, I always like the tracers game Pleased

Could you compare it well to caapi only?
Theoretically it should come close if the caapi was boiled for a long time.

Loveall
#3 Posted : 10/8/2019 2:07:36 PM

❤️‍🔥

I've never tried caapi, but I do have a couple caapi plants growing now, so I should be able to try it eventually. Great suggestion Smile

So are the tracers a thing with a Harmine/THH dose? I have never noticed them with the usual Harmine/Harmaline from rue. Same question with the other new effects (light but noticeable loss of walking coordination, light nausea, and stronger head space shift).

#4 Posted : 10/8/2019 2:46:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

200ish mg of harmalas will usually give me more/less what you experienced. The tracers, ataxia, all that's normal ime.

@ that dose if the harmalas `aren't` doing that for me, then I usually begin to wonder. Some might need more to get there, some might need less.

Can't comment on the THH bit.

Loveall
#5 Posted : 10/8/2019 3:17:49 PM

❤️‍🔥

tatt wrote:
200ish mg of harmalas will usually give me more/less what you experienced. The tracers, ataxia, all that's normal ime.

@ that dose if the harmalas `aren't` doing that for me, then I usually begin to wonder. Some might need more to get there, some might need less.

Can't comment on the THH bit.

Thanks tatt. Seems that all is good then. I was just surprised in my case by the large difference when going from Harmine/Harmaline to the candidate Harmine/THH. I had assumed they would be similar but that is not what I experienced at all.

Jagube
#6 Posted : 10/8/2019 3:59:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

THH is very different from harmaline. It has a very sweet, loving feel.

Somehow I used to associate tracers with harmaline, but last time when I took a lot of harmine, THH and possibly some harmaline contamination, I had huge tracers and I wondered if my purported THH was indeed THH or had converted back to harmaline. Maybe the THH itself causes bigger tracers than harmaline. But I wouldn't have expected such a tracer show from 200mg of anything, of which most likely no more than 120mg could have been THH.

coAsTal
#7 Posted : 10/8/2019 4:03:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall, your experience is in line with my experience with both moderate/strong caapi and also rue extract at that dose as well.

I don't ever bother with zinc reductions.

One night with Aya I had tracers that were pure electric--like an iridescent but crisp after-image. Very beautiful with the moon/stars.

Body drunk feeling as well-- I think it's very good that you abstained from DMT that first time so you can distinguish between the harmalas alone and the combined effects.

When you add smoked DMT you will be blown away-- it's my favorite combination-- absolutely incredible... pick the most beautiful loving music you have and start easy-- it is a profound journey. I've experienced time dilation to the extreme, along with perceiving the shape of infinity in this state-- wavering between ecstatic bliss and existential questions.

Loveall
#8 Posted : 10/8/2019 4:51:22 PM

❤️‍🔥

Jagube wrote:
THH is very different from harmaline. It has a very sweet, loving feel.

Somehow I used to associate tracers with harmaline, but last time when I took a lot of harmine, THH and possibly some harmaline contamination, I had huge tracers and I wondered if my purported THH was indeed THH or had converted back to harmaline. Maybe the THH itself causes bigger tracers than harmaline. But I wouldn't have expected such a tracer show from 200mg of anything, of which most likely no more than 120mg could have been THH.

Thanks. In my case I never noticed significant tracers with 200mg of Harmine/Harmaline which I have taken multiple times. However with this first dose of 200mg of Harmine/THH I saw a lot, especially near the top field of vision. I was outside and a few times it looked like it was raining light 🙃

Jagube
#9 Posted : 7/4/2020 3:30:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but having more experience with THH now, I can't make sense of what you have described.

These days I associate tracers with harmaline. Harmine/harmaline mixes from mansked A/B rue extractions give me tracers, as does plain rue, but after a successful reduction (and I've had unsuccessful ones too), I don't experience those. Instead, I get this sweet, warm feeling reminiscent of mushrooms (minus the psychedelia). It also adds a violet vibe to the color scheme.
But probably the most telltale sign is the afterglow.

Did you test your product in the end? Have you done more bioassays of it?

Edit: the harmaline tracers only come in later, like 3 hours in.

Elrik
#10 Posted : 9/3/2020 6:46:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds similar to when I take too much THH.
I took 350 mg THH•HCl and got up soon after a pharma peak and sat down by my computer. While sitting down I got this vertigo feeling, my vision got a yellowish tinge, and all my peripheral vision got these wavy lines, like it was raining sideways. It was too much, I had to go lay in the dark for an hour or more to let it wear off.
My THH•HCl limit is now set at 250 mg, even though I can take 650 mg of isolated harmine with impunity.

Jagube
#11 Posted : 9/3/2020 12:13:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Elrik wrote:
It sounds similar to when I take too much THH.
I took 350 mg THH•HCl and got up soon after a pharma peak and sat down by my computer. While sitting down I got this vertigo feeling, my vision got a yellowish tinge, and all my peripheral vision got these wavy lines, like it was raining sideways. It was too much, I had to go lay in the dark for an hour or more to let it wear off.

How old was your THH•HCl? It could have partially reverted to harmaline, which would explain the described effects.

IME even the HCl salt is not that stable. I've recently tested my ~3 month old salt (stored at room temp) with Marquis and it showed mostly harmaline. Also it feels nothing like when it was fresh.

Elrik
#12 Posted : 9/3/2020 4:58:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Several months or a year. It was still white. Months after that I was taking 200mg doses and not getting any of the harmaline stoning effect.
I need to work out a good paper chromatography method to track these alkaloids. Anyone have a better eluent for harmalas than 85:15 acetone:ethanol?

dithyramb
#13 Posted : 9/4/2020 2:34:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but having more experience with THH now, I can't make sense of what you have described.

These days I associate tracers with harmaline. Harmine/harmaline mixes from mansked A/B rue extractions give me tracers, as does plain rue, but after a successful reduction (and I've had unsuccessful ones too), I don't experience those. Instead, I get this sweet, warm feeling reminiscent of mushrooms (minus the psychedelia). It also adds a violet vibe to the color scheme.
But probably the most telltale sign is the afterglow.

This description makes me suspect even more that the strain of Syrian rue I work with is exceptionally high in THH.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo