We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Mescaline Cactus- exactly HOW similar to MDMA / MDA Options

IceKnife
#1 Posted : 8/24/2020 12:05:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a question about mescaline containing cactus vs MDMA. I understand that they are both Phenethylamines. I've had low doses of T. Bridgesii and it felt like a mild dose of Molly.

My thing is I have really bad comedowns from Molly and haven't touched it in years. Full body ache, depression, all that. Not really my thing and I've really been enjoying Tryptamines. I am interested in exploring more with San Pedro but I'm curious exactly HOW similar a larger dose of mescaline / mescaline cactus is to MDMA or MDA? Specifically the "upper" feeling, clenching jaw, headaches etc?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/24/2020 1:15:13 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The physical aspects of the response to mescaline can be a very individual thing - some people get nausea, others don't; some feel speedy, others more relaxed; etc. This may even vary in the same individual on different trips.

What will be markedly different at higher doses of mescaline is the colour saturation. It starts to get much more visual than MDMA ever does, at least for most people. As far as comedowns go, there's little to no chance of the "Tuesday blues" with cactus in contrast to MDMA. If anything there'll be something of an afterglow.

Jaw clench - again, an individual thing but I'd say it's noticeably less than with MDMA. Being in physically good shape and looking after yourself, before and during, should contribute to it being physically easily tolerable. YMMV.

Just remember, staying up all night and not eating properly can also leave one feeling pretty lousy...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Elrik
#3 Posted : 8/24/2020 6:31:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never done MDMA, however for me descriptions of MDMA don't match mescaline.
The psychedelic that best fits for me is nice strong doses of Transkei cubensis.
7 Grams of Transkei will just fill me with energy, fun, exhilaration, euphoria, and what I can best describe as rampant glee.
Glee, I say! Cool

Some people argue that all cubensis are the same. At 3,5 gram doses I might almost agree with them.
This is why I do 7-12 grams per dose Wink

If you grow cubensis have Transkei on your list, but also something like PESH or Tasmanian for when you don't need Transkeis distinctive stimulation.

doubledog
#4 Posted : 8/24/2020 2:35:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The stimulation feeling of these substances is similar, that's true, but only on the basic level. Imo molly is much more forced and unpleasant, mescaline is more calm and body friendly.
Full spectrum cactus could be different than purer mescaline, more unpleasant.

In general, MDMA has bad comedowns, mescaline has very pleasant afterglow.

I quit using MDMA (used rarely) after few mescaline experiences, now consider molly as obsolete or inferior substance Smile

Cubensis really could produce great stimulation, but it's still different in the feeling.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 8/24/2020 6:49:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

doubledog wrote:
The stimulation feeling of these substances is similar, that's true, but only on the basic level. Imo molly is much more forced and unpleasant, mescaline is more calm and body friendly.
[...]
In general, MDMA has bad comedowns, mescaline has very pleasant afterglow.

I quit using MDMA (used rarely) after few mescaline experiences, now consider molly as obsolete or inferior substance Smile
[...]

This applies very much to my experience as well.

With the mushrooms, I've found the social aspect to be very difficult at times. Low dose cactus is a lot easier around people, IME.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

IceKnife
#6 Posted : 8/25/2020 1:19:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to know it's more glowy than painful on the comedown. I'm not really a huge fan of the speedy feeling of MDA/MDMA especially now that I've developed a mild case of TMJ after quitting smoking cannabis. I've only ever had low doses of cactus and they were enjoyable. I'm mainly interested in pursuing exploration of the cactus because i can grow it in my front yard with relative ease.

rOm
#7 Posted : 8/25/2020 6:28:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I stopped using MDMA afterusing it quite a bit in my 20's and I started using mescaline cacti around the last year of my monthly MDMA use, and let me tell you, I can still domescaline cause it does absolutely not let you depressed after using it, it doesn't force you to find everyone stunning, and way more side effects I have found dangerous with MDMA ... So again you can grow and work with allthose mescaline cacti and extracts and generally, you'll better after using it than before. Thats the reason why it is nowmy favorite phenythylamine ( Used to be 2CB though ).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 8/25/2020 5:25:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

rOm wrote:
I stopped using MDMA afterusing it quite a bit in my 20's and I started using mescaline cacti around the last year of my monthly MDMA use, and let me tell you, I can still domescaline cause it does absolutely not let you depressed after using it, it doesn't force you to find everyone stunning, and way more side effects I have found dangerous with MDMA ... So again you can grow and work with allthose mescaline cacti and extracts and generally, you'll better after using it than before. Thats the reason why it is nowmy favorite phenythylamine ( Used to be 2CB though ).

Absolutely. There's good reason why the early MDMA therapists had strict rules about how their sessions were conducted. Besides the possibility of comedown effects related to neurotoxicity, this difference in emotional quality and attendant self-control is certainly the most important reason I've also chosen to forego MDMA completely, in favour of cactus. Besides, of course, the fact that rather than relying on some dodgy underground chemistry network you can grow it on your windowsill instead.

Wolfnippletip
#9 Posted : 8/25/2020 10:06:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It only took me two big nights out on MDMA to decide I couldn't handle the comedown (ugh). I've only done full spectrum cactus tea and full spec extracted mescaline and everything the others here have said is true. The comedown is kind of a glow and, while you might feel drained and exhausted it doesn't feel like depression. It's my favorite psychedelic.

Mescaline usually feels more or less stimmy to me. About every other time it gives me lower back pain from muscle tension. The one time mescaline was very stimulating for me was Terscheckii Tea. Not sure what else is in it but it had me pacing and peeping out windows like a tweaker. I doubt I'd do full spec Terschekii Tea again because of that.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Elrik
#10 Posted : 8/26/2020 6:03:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
I've only done full spectrum cactus tea and full spec extracted mescaline...About every other time it gives me lower back pain from muscle tension.
Welcome to the unfortunate minority, it's nice to have you here Razz
If I do teas it causes pain in my joints and chest. I'm not old, this is just a thing that happens to some people. I've heard reports of native americans that stop using cactus because of this.
Using harmaline/harmine with a very low dose of the tea would let me get a mild trip without the pain but mild isn't my preference Wink I was extremely relieved when I finally refined mescaline and found that this arthritic effect was gone. I've refined it to snow white but usually stop at a clean looking medium orange and I dose this as hydrochloride in the range of 650-850 mg with or without isolated harmine. Only rarely do I get any of the arthritic effect now, and its mild when it does happen.
If you have the means and the patience, try refining it to 95+% pure crystal.

As for the stimulation, different genetic groups of cactus give different levels of both stimulation and visuals. My highest yielding group gives very speedy alkaloid with little visuals, it can still be a real mind fucker though. Whereas the predominant european scopulicola and a non-PC pachanoi X bridgesii hybrid I grew lots of makes a very rainbowey trip with only moderate stimulation.
Don't just grow one cactus unless you know it's a good one Thumbs up

Wolfnippletip
#11 Posted : 8/28/2020 3:24:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
rainbowey trip with only moderate stimulation

Yes it's nice when visuals aren't accompanied by too much stimulation. I feel like I can tell how much mescaline by how many different colors there are in my CEV's. Milder doses might only have 2 or three, starting with roiling clouds of red and green. A solid mid level dose might have 5 or more super intense colors simultaneously. At the high(er) doses I've done I was so jacked up I didn't remember to close my eyes to see. Very happy

Quote:
Don't just grow one cactus unless you know it's a good one

My collection is about half Bridgesii, but I also have several types of Pachanoi, Peruvianus, Scopulicola and Terscheckii. Only sampled the Terscheckii once Shocked , and I only have one Scope large enough to cut back, and I want it to get big and flower.

羽慈
#12 Posted : 11/22/2020 8:51:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

可以教教我怎么提取的吗

Grey Fox
#13 Posted : 11/22/2020 4:09:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

羽慈 wrote:
可以教教我怎么提取的吗

Wut?

What language is that?

I had a friend in college who fell into a bad depression after a particularly harsh MDMA comedown. It scared me off from experimenting with MDMA after seeing that.

But the afterglow from mescaline is wonderful. I feel a boost in mood and mental clarity for days after. I also find that for several weeks my mind continues to process and gain new insights from the mescaline trip. I guess you could say that happens with all psychedelics. But for me the feeling of continued unfolding insight is more pronounced after a mescaline trip than it has been with other psychedelics. I can also regain some of the visual stimulation and change in headspace when smoking cannabis for the first few weeks after a strong mescaline trip. The effects just seem to stick around for awhile, in a positive way.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Wolfnippletip
#14 Posted : 11/22/2020 5:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Copy paste to google + "translate English" shows it's Chinese.

It says:
"Can you teach me how to extract it"?

And yes. Yes we can. Very happy

Look these over: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...Extraction_Tek#MESCALINE

Good luck with the translations

grollum
#15 Posted : 11/22/2020 8:34:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Elrik wrote:

As for the stimulation, different genetic groups of cactus give different levels of both stimulation and visuals. My highest yielding group gives very speedy alkaloid with little visuals, it can still be a real mind fucker though. Whereas the predominant european scopulicola and a non-PC pachanoi X bridgesii hybrid I grew lots of makes a very rainbowey trip with only moderate stimulation.

Whats that highest yielding group for you? Do you like to give a hint or name? There are so many hyped hybrid names out there which I think might be overrated.
rainbowey is such a great word...

AiL762
#16 Posted : 11/24/2020 11:06:35 AM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

Fantastic thread. I recently got some san pedro and torch powder, and been really wanting to give it a go. Now even more excited for it.

Curious though, normally I would read that pure mescaline experience is no where near as good compared to full spectrum. Seems to be the opposite opinion here?

Either way 1st attempt was just gonna get like 25g of the powder into pills and hopefully that was enough to hit the threshold.

Grey Fox
#17 Posted : 11/26/2020 4:03:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

grollum wrote:
Elrik wrote:

Whats that highest yielding group for you? Do you like to give a hint or name? There are so many hyped hybrid names out there which I think might be overrated.
rainbowey is such a great word...

I'd also be interested to hear what your strongest type is Elrik.

For me Bridgesii has been tops, especially when they get glaucous and have a look like this.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

rOm
#18 Posted : 11/26/2020 1:21:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
[quote=羽慈]可以教教我怎么提取的吗

Wut?

What language is that?
Chinese.

He asked if we could teach him how to extract it.

GO to wiki, extraction tek, mescaline.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

dreamer042
#19 Posted : 11/26/2020 2:33:33 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Low dose mescaline (150-200 mg) is very very similar to MDMA, euphoric, empathic, entactogenic. It's got the rolling waves of euphoria, the enhanced senses, the blissful sense of ease and comfort, but it's more gentle and sustained over the duration, which runs in the 8-ish hour range at that dose. It's not really speedy, but if you get up and get moving, you can easily dance the sun up with it. Physiologically, it is easier on the body without those "Tuesday blues" repercussions, but the longer duration can still be pretty taxing similar to other longer duration psychedelics like LSD.

At higher doses it gets more psychedelic and starts feeling more like LSD+MDMA. The duration also increases significantly and undergoing any experience that lasts 12-18+ hours is pretty taxing. Definitely want to schedule an nice recovery day after a solid dose.

I found synthetic mescaline to be quite a bit smoother and easier on the body than cactus extract. It's also much more clear headed, cactus extract feels quite a bit more "stoney". On the other hand, the visual spectrum and color saturation is a lot more pronounced with a full spectrum extract, not that it's not present with the pure stuff, just less vibrant.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Grey Fox
#20 Posted : 11/26/2020 9:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I have also noted a varied level of effects with these cacti based on dose. I do not extract, so generally the tea potency is based on length of cactus in inches using cuttings similar to the photo above. That cutting is from a good sized Bridgesii (7 feet with multiple arms). Of course Pachanoi, Peruvianus, Macrogonus, or Scopulicola would all be thicker than that.

Gentle doses usually result in a boost to mood, energy level, and and visual acuity. There are no actual visuals here, just a sharper, crisper, brighter colored effect. You feel great. Socializing is fun and easy. You can walk for miles and have a fun time. These trips usually last 8 to 12 hours. This is 6 to 9 inches of Bridgesii most of the time.

Moderate doses are where the visuals and psychedelic headspace begin. The nausea and possible purging also start. You can feel cold and heavy on the come up. There are periods of lethargy, but periods of high energy as well. Patterns appear. The mental process changes noticeably. There are times of euphoria and incredible openheartedness, but it can also start to feel a like a fairly strong psychedelic trip. These trips usually last 12 to 18 hours. This is 9 to 16 inches of Bridgesii most of the time.

Strong doses become very visual, physically challenging, and psychology intense. This is where you die and reboot. I always purge. Body shivers and cramps are normal. There are hours where all you can do is lay down and go in and out of connection with this physical reality. Bizarre and beautiful visual effects and creations come to dominate the visual field and seem as though they are normal and real. The body gets very physically sick and depleted, but somehow finds a way to kick in a boost of energy toward the end of the trip. These trips usually last 18 to 30 hours. This is 16 to 24+ inches of Bridgesii most of the time.

These have been my experiences with San Pedro, especially with Bridgesii. Bridgesii has been much stronger than the other species for me. Pachanoi and the others are more pleasant and less challenging.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

12NEXT