We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The first hit..? Options

ColorfulElfBoy
#1 Posted : 8/19/2020 2:46:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

When I say first I mean first ever and first in awhile. Please share your first impressions of the first puff.

So for me, the few times I've been able to smoke DMT, the first hit is, unsettling.
I don't mean that in a way that still affects me to this day, but an in the moment feeling.
My experience of a hit of Dmt is like waking up from a dream, the dream fading, you realising it's fading but it's ok because it's just a dream.. But with Dmt that situation is totally switched, your real life is now the dream, and it's fading.. And with that comes a feeling of oh shit, put this down, this might change everything, I don't want to lose my mum, I don't want to lose all the things I've grown to love.. It's as if "reality" is about to disappear. And that feels so serious, it's feels so aggressive or rather so in your face that you need to put this pipe down and chill.

That's my initial feeling when taking Dmt, and a reason I find it so hard to take extra hits as it's almost as if you're about to wipe out everything you are familiar with.

How do yours feel? lol

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Icyseeker
#2 Posted : 8/19/2020 2:11:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a similar impression. Mine was that I was dying and this is what happens when you die. I kinda forgot I smoked something and relaxed into the trip.

Even if you are waking up from the dream while smoking dmt it's not like it's going to kill you. It's not like every one else is going to wake up from the dream and reality is going to melt into a infinite ball of energy. And if it irrationally does there is also nothing you can do about it. So you might as well finish the puffs and see where the DMT takes you.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

Daytripper63
#3 Posted : 8/27/2020 10:17:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes really this has where I am at for the first and second hit really. Especially my first time, I couldn't lay back and let go because I didn't wanna loose everything. That affected me and for a while there was allot of trepidation before and into the first and second hit. Event when a second hit or a 3rd would get me past just a little where it calms some, I still couldn't let go for all the reasons you said.

I did post about this before on another thread and the advice from someone that stuck with me was to maybe put it down for a little bit and come back to it later. So I did, not right away but I did because that feeling wasn't what I was after.

When I did a week or so ago my head wasn't necessarily in any different space. Life was still in many ways in turmoil. Got allot going on emotionally just as before. I did change set and setting some. Music this time and didn't focus on break through just wanted to have some good closed eye visuals so I used an eye mask. This time I didn't sit with the first hit. I acknowledged the feeling but didn't focus on it and moved to the second hit very quickly and not just doing a half hit taking another full long draw. Because my eyes had no input open or closed I had really neat visuals right away on the second hit. This got me into a warmer place where taking the third was easy cause I wanted to see more. I use a vape so I don't have a hot pipe and I wasn't trying to "het there" in three hits. I just kept holding each hit as long as I could enjoying the show.

I wont get into my full experience as this is about yours. My advice is to take a break if you think that makes sense, but mostly work on set and setting and don't focus on the first hit. I also suggest that three doesn't have to be the goal. Usually takes me 5 or 6 and holding each for really long. Slowing it down like that helped me allot, but it is easier to space out and not go all the way with this approach.

AwearyGhost
#4 Posted : 8/28/2020 9:12:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ColorfulElfBoy wrote:

So for me, the few times I've been able to smoke DMT, the first hit is, unsettling.
I don't mean that in a way that still affects me to this day, but an in the moment feeling.
My experience of a hit of Dmt is like waking up from a dream, the dream fading, you realising it's fading but it's ok because it's just a dream.. But with Dmt that situation is totally switched, your real life is now the dream, and it's fading.. And with that comes a feeling of oh shit, put this down, this might change everything, I don't want to lose my mum, I don't want to lose all the things I've grown to love.. It's as if "reality" is about to disappear. And that feels so serious, it's feels so aggressive or rather so in your face that you need to put this pipe down and chill.

The first moment for me always puts me in a slightly uncomfortable state physically. Things will just sort of feel off. My hands / joints may feel lighter even without moving my body.

I've also recognized myself being anxious to let "it all go" and allow the experience to take place. But at these times, I have been able to successfully recite a sort of mantra. Which could be anything reminding me of, our true states of being & that it will pass.
เฅ remember we are loving awareness เฅ