We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Still wetting my feet Options

AwearyGhost
#1 Posted : 8/25/2020 9:08:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After buying a set of flavor disks my normal tripping companion and I decided to load the GVG up again! We had smoked a joint with two 15mg scoops of spice placed throughout it before; to ease us into the experience.

It seemed like the thc complimented it well; and we were in a giggly low dose dmt high for a bit. But we finally decided to amp it up and try the disks.
After fumbling with placing the larger disk in (and it flipping over) we tried the smaller one which sat easily at the base of the several screens we had jammed into the base. It was much easier to set down into the pipe with the tongs we had available.
We tried melting our entire dose into the discs prior to hitting it, and I have not much else to report from that. I got the normal low dose spaciousness.
Generally each time we attempted to vape that night we were dosing around 30-45mg.

So tonight I messed around with the discs once more. Placing the larger one on top of the previously mentioned screens, then melting a dose 30mg into the smaller one, and placing that on top of the larger. Putting the top piece of the GVG on and WOW! It definitely delivered. I was put into a very nice spacious feeling of loving awareness. I was reminded I was exactly where I was needed to be!

I tried another load with just the lower larger disk in place,(pictured) I had put a dose on while the disk was in the chamber so I wouldn't have to lower it in. And melted it in a bit before putting the cap on again and smoking. Which also provided a nice, low dose high.

Using a torch I'll lightly heat the ceramic for a moment while I begin to pull, while slowly brining the flame closer. Moving it around until I see an orange glow on the plate. By this point I'm normally trying to fill as much as my lungs as I can; and often have to set the piece down.

I do believe at this point I have learned how to use the GVG, and several ways to properly properly vaporize the spice. Even after using it with dry herb, and some changa mix I had made.
I still believe the disks are getting me closer.

My concern is that, my tripping partner and I both report to have very mild visual hallucinations. The ONLY time I have had STRONG visuals was on a 100mg doseShocked and who knows how much I even got since I was still learning the technique.

So I ask; am I still improperly vaping? Are visuals only something that is common during high doses/BT? Even my closed eye visuals seem to be dark and mild at best.

I hear/read all of these beautiful stories of multidimensional travel; and I can feel my soul urging itself out of my third eye at times during the experience. But to no avail.

Any recommendations/tips are appreciated. Safe travels.Big grin
AwearyGhost attached the following image(s):
98215BA4-A8EB-457B-98C6-592B6D6311C7.jpg (4,064kb) downloaded 80 time(s).
ॐ remember we are loving awareness ॐ

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sunnyside
#2 Posted : 8/25/2020 9:21:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AwearyGhost wrote:
... Generally each time we attempted to vape that night we were dosing around 30-45mg...
...I do believe at this point I have learned how to use the GVG, and several ways to properly properly vaporize the spice. Even after using it with dry herb, and some changa mix I had made...
I still believe the disks are getting me closer...

...So I ask; am I still improperly vaping? Are visuals only something that is common during high doses/BT? Even my closed eye visuals seem to be dark and mild at best.

I hear/read all of these beautiful stories of multidimensional travel; and I can feel my soul urging itself out of my third eye at times during the experience. But to no avail.

Any recommendations/tips are appreciated. Safe travels.Big grin

It's not like I'm an expert, but it seems like you still are learning your GVG technique.

The doses you mention, 30 and 45 mg, are not trivial. I think you're probably not getting all of it.
And if that is correct, that you're not yet getting all of it, you could be getting quite a build-up in your GVG somewhere, and who knows when that might vaporize, typically when you want a very very low-dose for you or for new friend, and good gracious, that's when you learn about technique.

Anyway.

There are lots of threads about GVG, easy to find info.

For me, I started making progress when I used some (cleaned) Chore-boy scrubber, and a torch lighter. These days, I use a ceramic disc instead of the chore-boy.

And still sometimes, if I don't clean the pipe, occasionally the build-up/residue reminds me that it was there.

I hope this helps.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

AwearyGhost
#3 Posted : 8/26/2020 3:25:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
For me, I started making progress when I used some (cleaned) Chore-boy scrubber, and a torch lighter. These days, I use a ceramic disc instead of the chore-boy.

And still sometimes, if I don't clean the pipe, occasionally the build-up/residue reminds me that it was there.

I have been cleaning it before after each session, with some warm water & alcohol.Today I went back and saw there was a bit of spice left in the bowl still. So perhaps you're right.

I just have a few screens and the larger ceramic disk in the pipe now, and I guess I will continue to try until I succeed!

I do plan on testing a friends volcano in a few days though, so that should be interesting as well. I may have him look at my piece and have him see if he can't figure it out.

Thank you for your input Sunnyside Smile

Daytripper63
#4 Posted : 8/27/2020 9:48:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am not familiar with the GVG, I use the Boundless CFX with an oil cartridge. In the oil cartridge I place a small bit of cotton at the bottom. A small pad to catch anything that melts. Then I place usually between 30 and 50 mg of white fluffy crystals. Then another piece of cotton over the top (to prevent anything not vaporized from being pulled through) and then place a screen on top of that to prevent the cotton from being pulled into the top and preventing airflow. This and a clean device give me the best airflow.

I warm the vape to 350f and let that sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Then I start hitting. The CFX doesn't have awesome air draw to start with. The oil cart packed like that restricts it so it about slow and long hits and holding them long time.

30mg hasn't resulted in a breakthrough. 50mg has. I don't go for it in three hits like many do. I will do a bunch of hits to get me there and as long as I am diligent and don't space out it gets me there just a little more gently.

I really like not having a hot pipe. Giving up trying to do it in three hits has allowed to me to let go of some preflight anxiety and focusing too much on making something happen makes the whole experience more gentle for me.

Daturas
#5 Posted : 8/27/2020 10:52:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try some holotropic breathwork to set a foundation before taking off, and double your dose some to 35 mgs. A large enough toke should be sufficient enough to take you and break down the baseline conscioussness into pure information. If you're still feeling curious, take another hit.

Safe Travels!
If you created me, who created you? ∞

AwearyGhost
#6 Posted : 8/28/2020 9:01:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Daytripper63 wrote:
I really like not having a hot pipe. Giving up trying to do it in three hits has allowed to me to let go of some preflight anxiety and focusing too much on making something happen makes the whole experience more gentle for me.

I found this to be true while using a device similar to a volcano. It was much easier to get the dose down, hold it for longer, and I was already tripping before I could take the second bag of air.

AwearyGhost
#7 Posted : 8/28/2020 9:02:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Daturas wrote:
Try some holotropic breathwork to set a foundation before taking off, and double your dose some to 35 mgs. A large enough toke should be sufficient enough to take you and break down the baseline conscioussness into pure information. If you're still feeling curious, take another hit.

Safe Travels!

I will definitely be trying this during my next session.
I've made quite a lot of progress by switching devices, and I look forward to the experience.