We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chaliponga A/B extraction with 30x Resin??? Options

TN95
#1 Posted : 8/24/2020 3:34:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys first post!

So SWIM has some 30x Chaliponga extract/resin, its supposedly a water extraction that's been reduced down to a tar/resin. SWIM was looking to get some crystalline DMT/5meoDMT (I know 5meo is a debated topic), SWIM was planning on doing an A/B extraction and is familiar with the basic process, however has a few questions. SWIM has looked at pretty much all of the threads on Chaliponga extraction on Nexus, but is looking for some clarifications:

- Distilled Vinegar or Citric Acid?
- Sodium Carbonate for the Base?
- Possible to Defat/Pull with Naptha? unable to obtain DCM.
- How will SWIM know when Defat is complete as the Resin/Tar would
have less Chlorophylls and is generally dark brown not green?
- Would it be best to freeze precip or evap?

SWIMS plan was to
- Boil the resin with Acid
- Defat (naphta okay?)
- Basify with Sodium Carbonate (simply add the Sodium Carbonate to the solution?)
- Pull with appropriate solvent (unable to obtain)
- Freeze Precip or Evap?

Please feel free to link some other teks, but SWIM is fairly sure hes read most on this
topic on Nexus so...

SWIM will post results once he has decided on a tek!!!

Thanks all!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/24/2020 7:43:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

[Caveat: I've never worked with chaliponga resin but these are some thoughts based on other experience.]

Vinegar has the advantage of being volatile, also it has far less of an emulsifying action than citric acid. It may be unnecessary to add any acid to the resin as it has already been extracted into water and the alkaloids will be in salt form anyhow. Test the pH of your resin if you can.

Quote:
simply add the Sodium to the solution?

Presumably you're not actually intending to add metallic sodium to the acidic solution. If you are, don't!
If you mean sodium carbonate, abbreviating it to 'sodium' is not really acceptable. Calling 'carbonate', for example, is better. Nomenclature can be a matter of life or death in chemistry.

Adding sodium carbonate to an acidic solution will produce A LOT of fizzing. This is one of the reasons it's preferred to mix it with solid material and then add water to form a paste. This suggests to me that for the defat you might be better off adding only a small amount of water to your resin to make a paste. This paste could then be kneaded under naphtha a couple of times (use a fork; fresh naphtha each time) and flattened out afterwards for the remaining naphtha to evaporate.

You would then add the sodium carbonate and a little water. Mix thoroughly. Let it dry, then pull with ethanol, isopropanol or acetone. Evaporate solvent to recover freebase goo. For crystals, dissolve goo in the minimum amount of warm naphtha and freeze precipitate. In principle, if you pull from the carbonate paste with warm naphtha to start with, that could go straight to freeze precipitation. However, yield recovery will be better with a more effective solvent for the carbonate pulls.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

TN95
#3 Posted : 8/29/2020 1:30:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have ammended the nomenclature mistake, point noted about definitions. But yes I was referring to sodium carbonate.

Should I expect to pull any 5meo using your suggested tek? Would isopropyl alcohol or acetone pull it?
Would it be worth salting with vinegar anyway?
Also when you mention pulling with warm naphta would you add the warm naphta then pull it off the top as soon as
it separates or leave it for a while and agitate?

Thanks a bunch for the response!

TN95
#4 Posted : 8/29/2020 1:30:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 8/29/2020 10:48:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

°The only mentions of 5-MeO occurrence in chalipanga that I've seen are no better than rumour. https://forums.5meodmt.org/index.php?topic=50446.0
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=13372
Quote:
The only record I could find is a mention in Ratsch that refers that the stems may have 5-MeO-DMT. Unfortunately, the Ratsch mentioned study is missing from the bibliography and is uncheckable

Here.
Can you point to a specific analysis that shows the presence of 5-MeO-DMT in Diplopterys cabrerana?

If you thought you'd recovered 5-MeO from chalipanga how would you go about confirming the identity of your product? Are you aware, as well, of the very different physical safety profile that 5-MeO presents compared with plain DMT? It requires a careful approach, to say the least.

°You're referring to treating the resin with vinegar to start with? It's hard to say without knowing how the material was produced in the first place. Adding excess acid just means you'll end up using more base later on unless you've evaporated all the acetic acid which takes a while and smells rather sharp.

°I'd stir the warm naphtha sufficiently to mix it through the solid material, perhaps using a warm water bath while being mindful of not taking too long as solvents do evaporate and naphtha presents only a limited soluble for the substance of interest.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

TN95
#6 Posted : 9/13/2020 10:56:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

TN95
#7 Posted : 9/15/2020 11:31:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi quick update, SWIM has had some success with a few small changes in the technique

- Boiled and reduced resin/paste in vinegar and let dry then powdered
- Stir warm Naphta into dry material and repeat until the Naphta looks clear (defat)
- Dry material over a hot water bath to remove any excess Naphta then powder material
- Added 1:1 ratio of Sodium Carbonate mixed thoroughly then add a small amount of water to
make a paste then let dry and powder
- Stir the hot ISO over a hot water bath into the powder pour off and filter until ISO
looks clear
- Evaporate ISO to recover a yellow goo (potentially containing 5meo-DMT or other actives)
- Dry Chaliponga resin over a hot water bath to remove any excess ISO then powder
- Add a small amount of water to powder then add a small amount of Sodium Hydroxide and mix
thoroughly then let dry and powder
- Stir the hot Naphta over a hot water bath into the powder pour off and filter until Naphta
looks clear
- Collect Naphta and Stir into yellow goo recovered earlier over a warm water bath
- Freeze Precipitate

Again, SWIM is not claiming there is 5meo-DMT in Chaliponga, however with this method
one could try the yellow go vaped or sublingual and see if the effects are dissimilar to
regular DMT. One could always skip the Sodium Carbonate basification after the defat
and ISO pull and just basify with Sodium Hydroxide then pull with Naphta. SWIM has not tried
the yellow goo by itself but will report back when he has.

TN95
#8 Posted : 9/15/2020 1:30:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is a full TEK description if interested
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=95167