We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
FASI vs FASA Options

mew
#1 Posted : 8/27/2012 11:04:49 PM

huachumancer

its my understanding that FASI works best in dlimo and FASA works best in xylene
can anyone offer supporting evidence.

do either FASI/FASA have a tendency to salt out only mescaline or do they both salt all alkaloids that would normally be retrieved via acidic water solutions (hcl and acetic)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/27/2012 11:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum once tested adding FASA to limonene and it formed two distinct layers instead of mixing and precipitating the alkaloids. I seem to remember adding FASA with a small amount of limonene and the alkaloids precipitating, but I can't remember for sure. Try FASA out with small amount of limonene with alkaloids and let us know.

As for whether there are different cactus-alkaloids in the different types of cactus extractions, this is still a work to be done AFAIK. TLC would already be a great start.

Homo Trypens
#3 Posted : 8/23/2020 12:08:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I did FASA precip from d-limonene with mimosa alkaloids recently. The limo and the FASA mixed well, no separate layers. I started by adding just a few drops every minute or so. The clouding didn't sink at all, so i started adding larger gulps, and the FASA thinned the limo enough for (most of) the precipitate to sink to the bottom. I recovered the ultra-fine floating fumarate in a coffee filter, and scraped the crystals from the bottom.

(Edit: The light in the right half of the precipitating pic is not UV, it's just colored LED to make the cloud more visible)
Homo Trypens attached the following image(s):
precipitating.jpg (958kb) downloaded 77 time(s).
shades.jpg (447kb) downloaded 77 time(s).