We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Direct e-mesh method howto step by step with images and video Options

Propello
#41 Posted : 5/18/2020 10:11:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's just fantastic!
What a marvelous idea. Thank you for sharing Loveall!

Much love

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#42 Posted : 6/9/2020 7:57:32 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Quick question and sorry of this has been answered already.

To make the e-mesh easier to load, could one make a ~1:9 DMT:everclear solution? Idea is that one drop (~0.05ml) has ~5mg of DMT. At 100C (or after a brief pulse) the everclear would evaporate quickly and leave the DMT behind. One could measure the dosage with drops (in ~5mg increments).

Anyone try this? Would it be easier to load drops on the mesh so DMT doesn't end at the bottom of the RDA?

Thanks
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#43 Posted : 6/10/2020 1:00:33 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:

To make the e-mesh easier to load, could one make a ~1:9 DMT:everclear solution? Idea is that one drop (~0.05ml) has ~5mg of DMT. At 100C (or after a brief pulse) the everclear would evaporate quickly and leave the DMT behind. One could measure the dosage with drops (in ~5mg increments).

Anyone try this? Would it be easier to load drops on the mesh so DMT doesn't end at the bottom of the RDA?

Thanks

One thing to note if deciding to do this: the ethanol will slowly evaporate so the last drops will always be stronger than the first.

It would be worth checking how effectively one drop of plain ethanol loads on the mesh before proceeding with making a tincture.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PedroSanchez
#44 Posted : 7/30/2020 12:33:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi guys. i am really keen to try this method but i know nothing about vapes. i have looked around and found out most of what i need to know but i have a question about the battery.
the original steps mention needing a specific battery with that mod. is this because the factory battery cannot store enough charge for more than a couple of uses when used like this? or is it that the factory battery cannot supply enough current to be used in this way?

the reason i ask is because i am trying to do this on a very tight budget, but if i can only get one hit before needing to recharge the battery then i am happy to cut the better battery and charger for now and upgrade later.

i am still putting the feelers out as far as usable, cheap mods and RDAs go. right now its looking at £40 for those two key items, which is high for me, so i want to cut costs where possible.

thanks <3

potnoble
#45 Posted : 7/30/2020 8:28:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Pedro

Usually there is no battery so yo have to buy one. Its very cheap and will last you for many
sessions.
You can´t use regular AA batteries and you don´t have to pay much money for this method.
I paid around 50 euros for all the stuff plus some extra mesh.

Hope this helps and be careful with this method. Big grin

Have agud one dyoode!!!

Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

PedroSanchez
#46 Posted : 7/30/2020 11:06:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks potnoble.
i am going to try my hardest to keep enough money aside to do this soon. from what ive read it certainly seems to be THE method of smoking.
hopefully i can cut costs somewhere else.

thanks for the help <3

potnoble
#47 Posted : 7/30/2020 11:09:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You won´t regret it.
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

PedroSanchez
#48 Posted : 7/30/2020 12:14:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

potnoble wrote:
You won´t regret it.

i dont doubt that Very happy

i will report back when i try it. usually i am wasting ~40-50mg for a BT. i know that is far too much and half my supply is being burnt away Sad

zikzak
#49 Posted : 8/18/2020 10:30:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
That's just fantastic!
What a marvelous idea. Thank you for sharing Loveall!

Much love

Some of the links in the first post are dead. Just wanted to let you know Propello in case you wanted to fix or remove them. Really nice info here Thumbs up

skoobysnax
#50 Posted : 9/20/2020 8:55:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got my settings right for the eleaf pico istick. Needed a threaded 510 adapter to raise the VV up past the battery lid. The problem before just not getting my TCR settings right. Thought the issue was the adapter. I tried to find a link to share but the adapters wasn't on amazon anymore but they are out there. At 140 35W i got the soft red glow at 230C. Will adjust and edit when i tweak it to hit the mark at 200C.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Loveall
#51 Posted : 11/19/2020 9:03:05 PM

❀️‍🔥

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Thanks

One thing to note if deciding to do this: the ethanol will slowly evaporate so the last drops will always be stronger than the first.

It would be worth checking how effectively one drop of plain ethanol loads on the mesh before proceeding with making a tincture.

I tried this and it doesn't work: overtime DMT separated from 75% ethanol (everclear) and formed a separate oily layer. I think this is because of polymerization in the concentrated liquid.

It's too bad, right after mixing the everclear and DMT it seemed to work and the drops were super easy to load and would stick to the mesh.

Oh well...

cruisinalltheway
#52 Posted : 11/19/2020 11:31:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

as a nonsmoker - having a hard time holding in the vapor using this method for dmt and also bufotenine. both vapors immediately makes me cough, even with smaller tokes.

would it help to use a bubbler in between?

how about a longer tube?

other ideas? Confused

downwardsfromzero
#53 Posted : 11/20/2020 12:01:52 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Thanks

I tried this and it doesn't work: overtime DMT separated from 75% ethanol (everclear) and formed a separate oily layer. I think this is because of polymerization in the concentrated liquid.

It's too bad, right after mixing the everclear and DMT it seemed to work and the drops were super easy to load and would stick to the mesh.

Oh well...

Great data point, Loveall. So, you used a 25% solution of water in ethanol Very happy

I'll have to check my notes about an ethanol solubility experiment and see what % ABV was used for that, and what the results of long-term storage were.

This is of course a tangent that belongs in the correct, long-term storage of DMT in ethanol, thread. Wherever that is Confused

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#54 Posted : 11/26/2020 2:54:01 AM

❀️‍🔥

Love how the e-mesh vaporizes, but I'm bad at loading it, with DMT crums always ending up all over the place 😭. Liquid drops go on so well on the mesh, I want to try drops again with something else since everclear did not work.

In Q21Q21's tek, DMT acetate is prepared as a stable solution. With heat, it is claimed to be vaporizable.

Would this be a way to use e-mesh with drops?

Specifically, vinegar would be neutralized with DMT FB and the solution reduced to a ~ 50% DMT acetate solution (assuming it doesn't become saturated). Two 20mg drops (from a typical small dropper) would have ~20mg of the salt (which is roughly ~3 parts (~15 mg) DMT and ~1 part (~5mg) acetic acid. Then, evaporate the water and ramp up the temp to vaporize.

Any thoughts on this? Reasons it wouldn't work? The tek mentioned that the acetate salt is vaporizable (unlike more stable salts), but perhaps the temp needed is too high without a flame? Any concerns with the stainless steel reacting (I don't see a clear reason to worry)? Mindlusion has mentioned the acetate would break down into unwanted stuff, but it is a small amount (5mg).

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on this before I jump into trying it out.

Loveall
#55 Posted : 11/26/2020 12:40:51 PM

❀️‍🔥

Loveall wrote:
Love how the e-mesh vaporizes, but I'm bad at loading it, with DMT crums always ending up all over the place 😭. Liquid drops go on so well on the mesh, I want to try drops again with something else since everclear did not work.

In Q21Q21's tek, DMT acetate is prepared as a stable solution. With heat, it is claimed to be vaporizable.

Would this be a way to use e-mesh with drops?

Specifically, vinegar would be neutralized with DMT FB and the solution reduced to a ~ 50% DMT acetate solution (assuming it doesn't become saturated). Two 20mg drops (from a typical small dropper) would have ~20mg of the salt (which is roughly ~3 parts (~15 mg) DMT and ~1 part (~5mg) acetic acid. Then, evaporate the water and ramp up the temp to vaporize.

Any thoughts on this? Reasons it wouldn't work? The tek mentioned that the acetate salt is vaporizable (unlike more stable salts), but perhaps the temp needed is too high without a flame? Any concerns with the stainless steel reacting (I don't see a clear reason to worry)? Mindlusion has mentioned the acetate would break down into unwanted stuff, but it is a small amount (5mg).

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on this before I jump into trying it out.

Or how about using PG (or PG/VG e-juice)? As I understand it dry hits in drip tanks are due to cotton which e-mesh does not use - so that should not be an issue for e-mesh (?). Nexus folks have shown that e-juice DMT FB solutions are stable over time.

some one
#56 Posted : 12/4/2020 5:27:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I successfully vaped 5meo-dmt with the e-mesh, but measuring and loading 5mg is a pain, so I figured why not dissolve it in ethanol for better dosing control by dripping. I performed some small tests:

I dripped 2 drops of 96% ethanol on the e-mesh (150 VV mesh) and heated it to 100 C. It evaporated. I noticed that the liquid tends to flow around on the mesh fairly easily prior evaporation. This is not desirable as it can flow down into the e-mesh holes so care must be taken. I'm using a mesh cut 7cm long (total length) and drip horizontally. No issue dripping 3-4 drops on this length of mesh.

I then mixed 20mg 5meo-dmt in 10 drops and dripped 2 drops on the e-mesh and heated to 100 C. I noticed I should stop as soon as the ethanol evaporates or else the 5meo starts vaping (white smoke). Note: you want to evaporate the eth dry prior smoking to avoid inhaling alcohol vapor. After the eth evapped I increased the temp to 150 C and observed white smoke. I haven't tried inhaling it yet but don't see a reason for it not to work.

Quote:

Too bad to hear this! What was the DMT/ethanol ratio and how long did it take for this to happen? What if you use 96% eth instead of 75%?

I tried meshing PG. It starts to evap at around 200 C. I vaped 1 drop at 210 C. It was slightly hot / harsh but got it in one inhalation. Then I loaded 4 drops. 2 drops on each side. Held the device horizotally and inhaled. The smoke got harsh quickly and I had to stop. Even if I continued I wouldn't have been able to inhale the 4 drops in one hit. Conclusion: Vaping PG on a e-mesh (without cotton wick as originally intended) is a no go. We need a liquid which can be evaporated on the mesh prior smoalking.

Hoping 96% eth works better than 75% in terms of not separating. In theory we could use aceton instead of ethanol, no problem if evapped prior smoking, but it needs to be very high grade or you risk inhaling contaminated residue. Prefer not to use acetone for this reason.

In terms of smoking DMT salts (to be able to dissolve them in water and drip that), this is advised against due to the narrow window of evaporation and burning. I nebulized DMT-fumerate once, it is psychoactive, but can't be smoked. To make sure I tested it with the mesh. It starts evapping at 240 C. It takes a very long to to evap and some black residue forms. Fail.

Again, the only option we have is to dissolve freebase DMT in a solution which evaporates dry (on a lower temp than the DMT boiling point) prior smoking. Hoping 96% ethanol works.
some = one | here = some | there = one

some one
#57 Posted : 12/5/2020 12:15:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Update: I managed to drip some 5meo-dmt. Inhaled one drop containing 2mg. 8 cm long 150 VV mesh measuring 0.45 ohm, 105 TCR 100 C 60 W. Carefully pulsed the ethanol dry then vaped the 5meo at 100 C. 100 C was lower than expected. I first tried 150 C, too high, 130 C still too high: harsh white smoke, while at 100 C zero smoke (pure evap) and a much better /clearer effect. Not sure if the boiling point of 5meo is that low or the temp is off due to wrong ohm measurement or something, but all in all dripping 5meo works great and saves a lot of work with mg scales and enables accurately dosing small amounts. Very happy with it.

As for the availability of the mesh RDA's mentioned, they seem hard to come by now a days. Probably too small market size. Get one while you can if you still can. Or search for 'mesh RDA' on aliexpress for knock offs which should work as well.

Anyway, dripping ethanol dissolving entheo's into the mesh works!

Loveall
#58 Posted : 12/10/2020 3:26:15 AM

❀️‍🔥

some one wrote:
Too bad to hear this! What was the DMT/ethanol ratio and how long did it take for this to happen? What if you use 96% eth instead of 75%?

I prepared a solution of ~5mg per ~20mg drop (my dropper gives small drops). Tested the fresh solution and it seemed to work as expected with one drop. Then I let sit for a few weeks and that's when it separated. It looked like water and oil.

Where I live, they capped the ethanol concentration at 75%, I think a test with 96% is definetly worth it.

I like the idea of acetone. Potential issues are that it could attack o-rings and go after the plastic dropper, but I think it could work with attention to this and a good quick evap (acetone is not that toxic in my opinion). Also, acetone would be great for salvia for one drop powerful hits (if e-mesh is strong enough to vaporize salvia, some discussion here). The solubility is reported to be 23mg per ml which is perfect (a 20mg drop of a saturated solution would have 0.5mg, a good dose). The solution would need to be kept protected from light I believe (there are papers that have measured UV degradation of salvinorin in solution).

Edit 12/11: Corrected 20ml drop to 20mg drop.

Egzoset
#59 Posted : 12/11/2020 4:50:46 AM

Vaporist of Borg

cruisinalltheway wrote:
...having a hard time holding in the vapor using this method for dmt and also bufotenine. both vapors immediately makes me cough, even with smaller tokes.

would it help to use a bubbler in between?

how about a longer tube?

other ideas? Confused

Why bother, you won't listen based on imported forged reputation, ignoring topics @ priori...

Neutral

some one
#60 Posted : 12/11/2020 8:58:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
I prepared a solution of ~5mg per ~20mg drop (my dropper gives small drops). Tested the fresh solution and it seemed to work as expected with one drop. Then I let sit for a few weeks and that's when it separated. It looked like water and oil.

Where I live, they capped the ethanol concentration at 75%, I think a test with 96% is definetly worth it.

Good to know it worked, too bad about the separation, looking forward to a 95% ethanol test.

Loveall wrote:
I like the idea of acetone. Potential issues are that it could attack o-rings and go after the plastic dropper, but I think it could work with attention to this and a good quick evap (acetone is not that toxic in my opinion).

Ah, the rubber in the dropper indeed. Maybe store it in a dropper bottle, but take the dropper off and use a lid which fits the bottle for storage and only use the dropper for dosing.

Acetone itself is not toxic, present in our body in trace amounts. Of course you want to avoid inhaling acetone vapor which makes you dizzy /lightheaded etc, but as acetone evaporates very fast no problem pulsing it away at 100 C mesh temp. Main issue I see with low grade acetone (eg. technical grade sold at hardware stores) is contaminants which don't fully evaporate off prior vaping and people inhaling toxic vapors. Cancer risk etc. Best is food grade (or pharma grade), but its hard to find high grade acetone as its a controlled substance and if you do its suspicious to order.

Grades: Food grade has high purity and undergoes food-safe processing. Lab grade has high purity, yet can be processed in unclean containers with residues of other chemicals. Lab grade can therefore can be toxic even though the product is food safe itself. Technical grade is of low purity and can contain miscellaneous chemicals.

What about IPA? High grade 99.9% IPA is easier to obtain.

Loveall wrote:
Also, acetone would be great for salvia for one drop powerful hits (if e-mesh is strong enough to vaporize salvia, some discussion here). The solubility is reported to be 23mg per ml which is perfect (a 20ml drop of a saturated solution would have 0.5mg, a good dose). The solution would need to be kept protected from light I believe (there are papers that have measured UV degradation of salvinorin in solution).

Nice. That's the beauty of it when we get this working. We can drip all sorts of stuff. Especially handy for substances with low dosages which are diluted in solution and can accurately be dripped without mg weighing. You can dissolve Cannabis dab in ethanol, 5meo-dmt works, nn-dmt should work. Then you'd have several dropper bottles with different substances stored in an oxygen free protected condition, super easy to dose, vaped with a very accurate device, inhaled in one inhalation at the press of a button.

Sounds like the holy grail setup to me Very happy

PREV12345NEXT»