We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Games Thread Options

Duncan Disorderly
#1 Posted : 5/1/2020 1:37:07 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Thought I'd start a thread that recommends games to play during the lockdown we are all experiencing. Feel free to add your favourites. There are two I will start us off with.

These excellent games are from the Assassin's Creed franchise. Origins and Odyssey. I suggest playing Origins first since it was made before Odyssey and the gameplay style evolves in Odyssey. Both games are steeped in myth and history.

Origins is set in ancient Egypt and at times it places you in history. For example, you'll play a pivotal role in Cleopatra's introduction to Caesar. As well, you'll get the chance to explore the pyramids and other well-known monuments.

Odyssey is set in ancient Greece. You'll fight mythical creatures, like Medusa and the Minotaur. Both games are extremely well polished and the attention to detail is stunning. There are farmers, merchants, craftsmen and countless other people all doing their jobs, adding to the sense of realism.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Icyseeker
#2 Posted : 5/1/2020 3:05:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am having a lot of fun playing the game: Risk of Rain 2 (first one was great also). It is a rogue-lite where you collect items and play with all the combinations. I would also recommend The binding of Issac-rebirth it is a similar style game.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 5/1/2020 5:37:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't played in years, but I really liked Skyrim. I like Assassins Creed also.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 5/1/2020 12:14:09 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I as well haven’t played video games in years, but the Fallout series was always my favorite. Open ended post apocalyptic rpg. Love the character customization you can go with your stats and perks. Also the South Park games are fun for a while. Especially if your a South Park fan like I am.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

LightDancer
#5 Posted : 8/8/2020 2:20:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found this in a bundle of games I bought a little while ago, it's pretty awesome and very immersive. I could even describe it as being pretty meditative too, for those who like doing so in nature.

I'm not sure if links to steam are ok.. if it's not I'll be happy to put a proper description in instead Smile
https://store.steampower...p/1011700/Walden_a_game/
If there is no learning, there is no change.
If there is no change, there is no growth.
Without growth, we will only stagnate and decompose.

cubeananda
#6 Posted : 8/8/2020 5:24:14 PM

jai

My favorite activity has been using Mandelbulber 2 software to generate fractal images and videos

Not exactly a game but the Developer and his small team produce it as freeware and its insanely powerful.

Mandelbulber Website

Very happy cheers

Bosho 23
#7 Posted : 8/9/2020 2:47:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The legend of Zelda botw IMO is a great game it has everything you would want action puzzles great story can’t wait for botw2

Qux
#8 Posted : 8/9/2020 10:54:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recommend Celeste, it's a platformer with great mechanics, great soundtrack and art. It's pretty challenging if you want it to be, but really fun even if you just want to play casually.
It is only by my hand, by my face, my heart, my spirit
that either I will wither, or I will bloom,
I will become as green land, as tilled earth
I will germinate, I will sprout.

Tony6Strings
#9 Posted : 8/9/2020 6:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta, I am watching a few episodes from season 23, Tegrity Farms, it looks like in the intro this season Towelie is using a Glass Vapor Genie in the intro, in the weed lab. Maybe I'm wrong, probably I'm wrong, it is small on my phone and difficult to see, but I'd swear he's got a gvg.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Achilles
#10 Posted : 8/9/2020 11:40:12 PM

I is the obstacle.

My all time go to game is elder scrolls online. Beautiful graphics, great storylines. And trial raids for hardcore mmo enthusiasts... might create a dmt nexus guild in honor of my nexian heritage 🧙‍♂️. I recommend it for sure.
This guys ego ^

potnoble
#11 Posted : 8/10/2020 8:22:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everybody

If you like trippy cosmic horror and own a playstation play bloodborne!!
All the games Hidetaka Miyazaki created have so many layers that alot of people never even
understand what they are playing.
This game is heavily inspired by H.P. Lovecrafts stories.
Check the artwork if you like stuff like that.

Anyways have a gud one
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin