We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mimosa perfume Options

monomind
#1 Posted : 8/7/2020 2:44:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love the smell of freshly extracted spice so much that I would like to make a perfume from it.

It might be a Pavlovian response on my part but this floral-plasticy-rubbery smell gets me excited every time Love

perfumes are made with a carrier + essential oils, so essential oil will be my starting point.
Here is my plan which might be sound or not:

I can get some used limonene from mimosa pulls and it should have quite a lot of plant oils in it.
I can do vinegar pulls on the limonene and leave it standing for long enough that the plant oils currently in the limonene will travel to the vinegar.... hoping that the smell I am looking for will come along for the ride.

Any thoughts on the suggested process will be appreciated Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

potnoble
#2 Posted : 8/7/2020 2:49:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi monomind

I can´t contribute as my knowledge is very limited but if you find a way
i will be the first to follow.
At least if our cats love it too. Big grin

Good luck dyoode!!
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

bismillah
#3 Posted : 8/7/2020 6:13:02 PM

My Personalized Tag

I heard somewhere that the DMT molecule is part of a very common family of compound that smell similar and are found often in nature. By coincidence, these compounds are also commonly found in perfume.

I kinda like the smell, too. I find my yellowey spice smells almost sickeningly sweet. The pure white stuff I got from stb extractions last year, on the other hand, smelled like feet.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

null24
#4 Posted : 8/7/2020 8:28:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Sometimes dissolving final pulls that result in goo into IPA and evapping it off to make EL leaves a very aromatic product. Maybe using some final pulls with a lot of oils- ACRB may work best- and then just solving them in IPA as a carrier would be a simple route. You could apply, alcohol evapps off leaving the scent for awhile.

I have gotten spice on my hands in a similar manner making EL and left it because I liked the smell too, and noticed that an hour or two later, it smelled more like smoked DMT than fresh spice!Shocked

Not that it would get you high, but as symbolic ritualistic thing you could sacrifice some spice in it and mix it with harmalas to paint fragrant invisible flourescing sigils on your pulse points when you apply it.Wut? A little morning routine magic to start the day?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 8/7/2020 9:08:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Sometimes dissolving final pulls that result in goo into IPA and evapping it off to make EL leaves a very aromatic product. Maybe using some final pulls with a lot of oils- ACRB may work best- and then just solving them in IPA as a carrier would be a simple route. You could apply, alcohol evapps off leaving the scent for awhile.

I have gotten spice on my hands in a similar manner making EL and left it because I liked the smell too, and noticed that an hour or two later, it smelled more like smoked DMT than fresh spice!Shocked

Not that it would get you high, but as symbolic ritualistic thing you could sacrifice some spice in it and mix it with harmalas to paint fragrant invisible flourescing sigils on your pulse points when you apply it.Wut? A little morning routine magic to start the day?

Laughing

burnt
#6 Posted : 8/7/2020 11:10:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Indole smells almost exactly like dmt. It also happens to be found in flowers. Have you ever been walking around on a nice spring or summer day and been like "something smells like dmt"? But it only smells flowery in low amounts. When is used in perfumery it is in small amounts. Its also found in fecal material and in higher amounts it smells like fecal materials..

monomind
#7 Posted : 8/8/2020 3:14:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Have you ever been walking around on a nice spring or summer day and been like "something smells like dmt"?

Big grin of course, and my next thought is usually "Where did they hide this secret dmt lab ?"

burnt wrote:
Indole smells almost exactly like dmt.

I am no chemist but surely not all indole alkaloids smell the same.
If dmt is synthesized in a lab will it have a similar aroma ?

cubeananda
#8 Posted : 8/8/2020 5:28:46 PM

jai

hhehe my guess is this is going to smell somewhat like limonene, I bet the indolic fractions would come through with a hot NPS ~45 minute pull, and you could precip out the DMT and evap down to yield mostly the indolic fractions?

burnt
#9 Posted : 8/9/2020 6:33:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
I am no chemist but surely not all indole alkaloids smell the same.
If dmt is synthesized in a lab will it have a similar aroma ?

I meant indole the compound itself not all indole alkaloids. But yea dmt and indole are very similar smell. Yes synthetic dmt and extracted dmt smell the same.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 8/9/2020 7:07:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Burnt is right, a lot of indole-based substances smell like DMT. Even pure gramine smells almost exactly like DMT..

Or a packet of tortillas Very happy