We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First legal medical exemptions for psilocybin in Canada since 1970’s Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 8/6/2020 8:26:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

4 Palliative Canadians approved for end of life psilocybin therapy through section 56(1)

Quote:
Four Canadians battling incurable cancer have been approved by the Minister of Health, Patty Hajdu, to use psilocybin therapy in the treatment of their end-of-life distress. These 4 patients mark the first publicly-known individuals to receive a legal exemption from the Canadian Drugs and Substances Act to access psychedelic therapy, and the first known patients to legally use psilocybin since the compound became illegal in Canada in 1974. The decision comes after over 100 days of waiting for a response.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Achilles
#2 Posted : 8/7/2020 2:56:17 PM

I is the obstacle.

Another step taken to change the world. Hopefully the psilocybin helps them at this point in their existence. 🎉🎉🎉 congrats to Canada for taking this step. Hopefully other countries follow Canada’s example 👍
This guys ego ^

Qux
#3 Posted : 8/7/2020 7:43:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Way to go! It's a small step, but it's in the right direction! Thumbs up
I have seen similar advances in Czechia - the National Institute of Mental Health is conducting a study on 60 patients for the use of psilocybin in depression treatment.
I hope this increased activity in research will fuel the decriminalization of psychedelics at least for therapeutic use Big grin
It is only by my hand, by my face, my heart, my spirit
that either I will wither, or I will bloom,
I will become as green land, as tilled earth
I will germinate, I will sprout.