We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
2nd extraction. is it too good to be true? Options

PedroSanchez
#21 Posted : 7/27/2020 10:10:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AiL762 wrote:
Beyond impressed. Granted my first time, had issues like spills,, etc. and thought 1% yield was the normal, i used 100g. After 1 quick rewash with clean naptha I ended with your same amount and white.

So for you to get off 50g is amazing, makes me think of all I prob sadly wasted ignorantly.

Congrats again!

thanks!
it felt good to get that. the rewards were truly beautiful Smile

my first attempt was an absolute mess hahah. i had so many spills and fumbled my way through the whole thing. thats the best way to learn though.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AiL762
#22 Posted : 7/29/2020 5:17:07 PM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

Lol it wasn't till it almost splashed into my face with no PPE was I like yeahhhh..... I need to not take this lightly. Not to be cheap and just get proper equipment.

PedroSanchez
#23 Posted : 7/29/2020 10:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AiL762 wrote:
Lol it wasn't till it almost splashed into my face with no PPE was I like yeahhhh..... I need to not take this lightly. Not to be cheap and just get proper equipment.

oh damn! im glad you didnt find out too late!
on my first run i was putting the soup back into storage in the cupboard, which is over-head, and i didnt notice a little of the soup on the outside of the jar and it dripped down almost in my eye, but lucky for me i had goggles, gloves, etc already on religiously Very happy
i still took a moment to reflect on things hahah. now i check things more closely.

AiL762
#24 Posted : 7/31/2020 5:20:08 PM

I cant even being to express all the issues I had lmao

lets see what I can remmeber, well from my first batch of 50g I attempted, I had setup initially in a container that I could not stir properly or seal in order to mix the naptha. so with the naptha being in the 1st pull I tried to transfer container and it spilled easily 70% of that naptha and more.

In addition while messing with my sous vide to provide temps, after like the 3rd pull attempt, the cheap mason jarr I had cracked and broke off on the bottom. and no ability to continue any thing with it.

with my 100g aatmpt and now with an actual beaker. I didnt realize the rubber top wouldnt stay on after the pressure buildup of shaking, thats how I spilled that time around and almost got on my face lol

needlesss to say I'm a lot safer after that and know the limits of how my sloppy negligent methods were. lol

anyways, update, I ordered the stir and heater. should be attempting very soon. Very happy

PedroSanchez
#25 Posted : 8/3/2020 2:46:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AiL762 wrote:
I cant even being to express all the issues I had lmao

lets see what I can remmeber, well from my first batch of 50g I attempted, I had setup initially in a container that I could not stir properly or seal in order to mix the naptha. so with the naptha being in the 1st pull I tried to transfer container and it spilled easily 70% of that naptha and more.

In addition while messing with my sous vide to provide temps, after like the 3rd pull attempt, the cheap mason jarr I had cracked and broke off on the bottom. and no ability to continue any thing with it.

with my 100g aatmpt and now with an actual beaker. I didnt realize the rubber top wouldnt stay on after the pressure buildup of shaking, thats how I spilled that time around and almost got on my face lol

needlesss to say I'm a lot safer after that and know the limits of how my sloppy negligent methods were. lol

anyways, update, I ordered the stir and heater. should be attempting very soon. Very happy

oh damn! i am very happy you are still alive! Very happy
i am a little worried about the jar i am using at the moment. it sounds a little thin when the stirrer hits the side. i think i will just suck it up and find a better one before i try my last 100g extraction (last in stock, not forever Smile ). i also bought a new stainless steel stirrer to replace my wooden one, but if i cant get a new jar i will stick to the wooden stirrer to reduce the impact when it hits the side.

some of these lessons are learnt the hard way. i am just thankful that with places like this we can learn from each others mistakes and improve collectively. harm reduction at its finest.

awesome news on the hotplate! keep us updated, i would love to hear how it goes. i definitely feel like it is a tool worth using if you can.

AiL762
#26 Posted : 8/4/2020 5:28:08 AM

Its a little bit of a hassle learning hot to get the sitrbar to catch but ohhhh so worth it so far.

Had put 100g jn a hot water bath since yesterday waiting for the hotplate. total with vinegar to keep it at 3.5ph.

I had it running 6 hrs with the stirbar and what I feel might be a safe temp range 130ish. Hard to tell even with the twmp reader. Need to get a thermometer in there somehow to see whats it at for real.

I do the salt tek, so added 100g non ionized salt and raised my water level to , been running about 3hrs like that.

Just added the lye to reach ph 13.5. Will let run overnight and then tomorrow ill work on the pulls.

But oh this is amazing how little effort and casual ita been making the process. And I am expecting great results. With a method that can be standardized, and not left to the amount of effort I do or do not employ.

Just finding optimal "running times" and temps would be the only thing I'd really think needs to be modified.

AiL762
#27 Posted : 8/4/2020 5:28:53 AM

Forgot to add pics Very happy
AiL762 attached the following image(s):
20200803_172133.jpg (3,363kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
20200803_201358.jpg (3,395kb) downloaded 41 time(s).

AiL762
#28 Posted : 8/4/2020 6:25:16 AM

Everything was going smoothly, something had to go wrong of course. My ph meter took a crap on me prior to adding the lyed water.

Since was clueless if hit the correct ph I just added a boatload. Nice and black with no emulsions, so I'd say I hit the ideal amount. Lol

Can't wait to see the first pull tomorrow tomorrow
AiL762 attached the following image(s):
20200804_000859.jpg (3,569kb) downloaded 38 time(s).

SpoonFed
#29 Posted : 8/4/2020 7:21:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cute the Nexus website just told me to use proper English since it's not my mother tongue please bear with me.

so yes my friend I have read several times on this website and other places that you don't really need a ph metre as long as you can kind of measure how much of your lye you're adding to the water.

I luv this shi I mean stuff on my fourth extraction.🇳🇱👍

AiL762
#30 Posted : 8/5/2020 12:08:03 AM

SpoonFed wrote:
Cute the Nexus website just told me to use proper English since it's not my mother tongue please bear with me.

so yes my friend I have read several times on this website and other places that you don't really need a ph metre as long as you can kind of measure how much of your lye you're adding to the water.

So did encounter an issue. Guess I added way too much lye, so water is too thick and lye not seperating. Gonna heat up and see if can vibrate it somehow to loosen up the naptha.

Realistically seems gonna have to split the mixture into two containers so can add some more water to thin it out some.

Def gonna get me a ph meter that won't die on me. Dont like not being precise anyways and it bit me in the ass.

PedroSanchez
#31 Posted : 8/7/2020 12:34:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AiL762 wrote:

So did encounter an issue. Guess I added way too much lye, so water is too thick and lye not seperating. Gonna heat up and see if can vibrate it somehow to loosen up the naptha.

Realistically seems gonna have to split the mixture into two containers so can add some more water to thin it out some.

Def gonna get me a ph meter that won't die on me. Dont like not being precise anyways and it bit me in the ass.

awesome to see the new hotplate stirrer in action! <3

adding more water sounds like the best fix to me too.
once you get to know the tools it will be a smooth process.

the pH meter i was looking at getting was a cheap one, at least to start with. i was having doubts though, i think you just convinced me to save for a good one.

PedroSanchez
#32 Posted : 8/7/2020 12:41:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SpoonFed wrote:

it is true you dont really need to measure pH if you use exact amounts, but if you are doing experimentation it is very useful to know the pH of things at certain stages. yes you could technically do it mathematically, but it is much simpler just to stick a pH meter in your solution than it is to find all the information on your chemicals and then calculate that at every stage of the process.
in AiL's case, he/she has new equipment and is experimenting with ideas to create the best process. a pH meter will speed things up hugely in this case.

PREV12