We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Huachuma with a pseudo-shaman in Peru Options

potnoble
#1 Posted : 7/29/2020 1:09:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely stunning pics!!!
Thanks alot Nydex. I really like the yellow moss on the rocks.
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Grey Fox
#2 Posted : 7/29/2020 6:31:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Such an excellent write up Nydex. Beautiful photos as well!

I'm sorry to hear that the shaman detracted from your experience. But I'm glad to hear that you still found value in the journey. San Pedro is an amazing ally. Now that you have experienced it you can start to grow your own cacti. It is very easy. And the tea is easy to prepare as well. These cacti are the ideal DIY entheogen, because they live forever and keep growing and producing more plant material year after year. And they are beautiful!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Lichen
#3 Posted : 8/3/2020 3:12:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome write up Nydex Smile and love the photos!

Definately goes to show how important it is to have some decent recommendations before embarking on an adventure like this - but it sounds like it was still worth while.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 8/3/2020 4:02:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great to hear from you Nydex!

In addition to what has been said above, forgive me for adding - lighting a fire in the rain is a skill well worth developing. Had you taken a dip in the lake beforehand it may have given you more of an incentive towards success Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Nydex
#5 Posted : 8/3/2020 9:51:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Great to hear from you Nydex!

In addition to what has been said above, forgive me for adding - lighting a fire in the rain is a skill well worth developing. Had you taken a dip in the lake beforehand it may have given you more of an incentive towards success Big grin

Yeah, great to be back DFZ. I know lighting a fire in rain is a good skill to have, but learning it while you're tripping balls up high in a mountain with a complete stranger that is stressing you out beyond any reason is not the way to do it. Big grin
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 8/3/2020 10:06:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nydex wrote:
Yeah, great to be back DFZ. I know lighting a fire in rain is a good skill to have, but learning it while you're tripping balls up high in a mountain with a complete stranger that is stressing you out beyond any reason is not the way to do it. Big grin

You could have a point there. Laughing Had you succeeded, it might mean that due to the resultant conditioning you'd only ever be able to light a fire in the rain if your were up a mountain tripping balls while a stranger is stressing you out, and that sounds rather impractical in the long term. Speaking from experience, I'll still stand by the bit about going for a swim first, however - perhaps rather not while tripping, of course.

Thanks for sharing the pics of the lovely scenery, it made me long for the mountains while briefly considering giving it all up and taking up alpaca farming instead.

Are you back home now, or is your adventure still to continue?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Nydex
#7 Posted : 8/4/2020 9:59:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Nydex wrote:

You could have a point there. Laughing Had you succeeded, it might mean that due to the resultant conditioning you'd only ever be able to light a fire in the rain if your were up a mountain tripping balls while a stranger is stressing you out, and that sounds rather impractical in the long term. Speaking from experience, I'll still stand by the bit about going for a swim first, however - perhaps rather not while tripping, of course.

That gave me a good ol' chuckle, not gonna lie! Big grin Big grin

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Thanks for sharing the pics of the lovely scenery, it made me long for the mountains while briefly considering giving it all up and taking up alpaca farming instead.

Are you back home now, or is your adventure still to continue?

Alpaca farming seems like a very worthwhile stint, undoubtedly. It's not an easy life, but it has its advantages over comfort-saturated life in big cities.

I'm back home now, reading lots of sci-fi and playing a few games from time to time. Waiting on a company to call me for a job so I can save up some money to go travel again in the near future.

Overall, I'm enjoying my free time a lot. Hammocking often helps as well. Can't complain. Thumbs up
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Tony6Strings
#8 Posted : 8/6/2020 10:13:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

These pictures are very nice. I spent a while looking at them the other night.
Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. The hammock at home you describe in your last post sounds like the perfect setting for taking more cactus. There's nothing like home. Smile
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Nydex
#9 Posted : 10/10/2021 3:23:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

UPDATE: I had forgotten I'd posted this and wrote it up anew, soooooo here's a link to the updated version - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=97879 Big grin
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

roninsina
#10 Posted : 10/10/2021 4:52:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good gravy! Thank you so much for clarifying that! I was certain I had seen those photos and everything. I’ve had a lot of odd synchronicities as of late and I really didn’t have the wherewithal to call you out Laughing
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Nydex
#11 Posted : 10/10/2021 9:47:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
Good gravy! Thank you so much for clarifying that! I was certain I had seen those photos and everything. I’ve had a lot of odd synchronicities as of late and I really didn’t have the wherewithal to call you out Laughing

Lol yeah, I had a cathinone-fueled fit of creativity and desire to write last night, and completely blanked out on the fact I've told this story already. So much stuff has happened since that initial write-up that I'm not as surprised, to be honest.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

roninsina
#12 Posted : 10/11/2021 11:29:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
So much stuff has happened since that initial write-up that I'm not as surprised, to be honest.

Tell us about it when you get a chance. The good type of busy, I hope.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost