We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro: Schelling, Psychonalaysis, Buddhism and the search for the sacred in western culture Options

AnkhHotep
#1 Posted : 7/18/2020 3:59:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Honored fellow Nexians, here you can read about what calls itself me and is herewith aspiring to join the pinnacle of the psychedelic online community Wink

I´m currently writing a PhD Thesis on Religion and the Unconscious in Schelling (german idealist) and am beeing trained as Psychoanalyst. My main interesat are the intersections of spirituality (i.e. lived/experienced religious consciousness) and the dynamic process between the conscious and unconscious mind which are both complementary in the totality of spirit/awareness as far as I underatand it. I´m heavily inlfuenced by trantric theory and practice (more specific Tibetan Buddhism).

The use and exploration of substances has lead to these interests and continues to provide guidance and insights althought I´m not convinced anymore that any psychedelic compound is necessary for authentic spiritual progresss with the highes aim of total and unsurpassable enlightenment for one´s own and every living creatures highes benefit, as it was manifested by paradigmatic figures such as Christus Jesus or Buddha Siddartha Gautama. Obviously I see them as very helpful though... Wink Razz.

The major task and challenge in our time as it manifests on earth for human beings is, I think, to reestablish our connection to /consciousness of the transcendend divine which is pure and simple freedom, love and creativity. A becomimg-conscious of the natural-comogenetic as well as historical world-procress which lead to our current socio-psychological situation is the main focus of my work at the moment. The forces that motivate, structure and create the universe are just as active in (outside) nature as in (inside) nature = the unconscious. Through becoming conscious of the unconscious the forces that make up nature form worlds and figures in consciousness -- these figures then structure our experience and could be called archetypes. To put it very short: I think that the process which shows itself in the formation of language(s), mythologies and religions is the very same process every individuals has to go through to become what it is -- that is: in-dividual: undivided = whole (in it´s full potential = non-dual). The above mentioned authors and inspirations are my main sources and companions along the way to the inexpressible mystery that we also encounter in the triptamine-ecstasy.

Sadly our momentary culture, which is heavily influenced if not dominated by the culture which is called "western" seems so lack a general consciousness of these processes or the necessity and/or appreciation of the value of knowledge of these. What traditionally was covered in and through mythological world-views and modes of experience seems to not have a public place anymore. (Probably the highes knowledge and wisdom we all aspire to never was "common" but always "esoteric".) The entheogenic experience could provide a new gate to the highest possible potential of humanity and is not to be neglected in its authentic use, which requires the general and individual search for existing or possible contexts of usage and sacredness.

I´m basically just listing all of this to maybe connect to you guys with similar (specific) interests that motivate your use of entheogens.

As a side question that really interests me and seems to pop up especialy in the DMT-context: What do you think about the possibility/reality of dmt-use of the ancient egyptians: Do you have any valuable DMT eperiences connected to egypt? Do you know of any trustworthy information about the use of entheogens in egypt?
Fields of "expertise" and interest:
German Idealism, Phenomenology, Psychoanalysisis and Psychotherapy, Philosophy of Mythology and Religion, Tibetan Buddhism

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 7/23/2020 6:35:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

AnkhHotep wrote:
Do you know of any trustworthy information about the use of entheogens in egypt?

We can be pretty certain they used sacred blue lotus (Nymphaea caerulea), along with Nymphaea lotus, as a ritual and celebratory intoxicant although its effects profile is rather more in the direction of a euphoriant empathogen than entheogenic visionary. There's a thread about this somewhere round here.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 7/24/2020 11:34:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think that becoming counscious of the unconscious is something you don't see in modern western culture at all.

It is a recurring theme in movies, books and TV series.

The harry potter books and movies are a good example of it, i think.

AnkhHotep
#4 Posted : 8/5/2020 7:22:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@ dragonrider:
Movies and Series are a very good point, yes!

@downwardsfromzero:
Blue Lotus seems to be more of a "compagnion" to the "real" entheogenic/psychedelic substance of choice of the ancient cultures... (?)

@schmexus:
Yes, I totaly agree. The symbolism of dreams and the spice experience are more than similar! Interesting point also that all of that rises from within the body. Thanks for mentioning Campbell he´s a great read indeed! Smile

Thanks for the answers and comments so far, fellows! Smile

Hotep Love
Fields of "expertise" and interest:
German Idealism, Phenomenology, Psychoanalysisis and Psychotherapy, Philosophy of Mythology and Religion, Tibetan Buddhism