We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How many grams of passion flower? Options

Dimitri-Trance
#1 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:16:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is active for its MAOIs effect.
Swims is trying to make some changa using some spice and this species of Passion Flower:
http://www.erowid.org/pl...passiflora_caerulea7.jpg

How many grams of PF and how many mg of spice would be good.
Ill trow in some calea zacatechichi and some cannabis flowers to the mix.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Xt
#2 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:50:03 PM

I was wondering this myself. Swim has some sat here ready. Although i recall someone mentioning that it took a good couple of bowls for the MAOI effects to kick in. I think if you did a crude ipa soak with some caapi, and dry the IPA out onto either the Passion Flower or another changa admixture, that would help alot. As per jorks bufojam changa tek.

Maybe someone can test PF by smoking some freebase, then some PF then some freebase.
Hmmm.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Dimitri-Trance
#3 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:55:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah Caapi is not an option for me right now.
I know that it would take alot of PF to smoke because it has very little MAOIs.
So if I just were to use PF as strengthening the spice experience, with some extra herbs as well, how much would one need to get full changa results.
I also have some Harmaline 5x extract liquid (75mg per dropperful) would this be helpful in making some changa????

IAAGSOM
#4 Posted : 1/13/2010 2:39:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitri-Trance wrote:
Is active for its MAOIs effect.
Swims is trying to make some changa using some spice and this species of Passion Flower:
http://www.erowid.org/pl...passiflora_caerulea7.jpg

How many grams of PF and how many mg of spice would be good.
Ill trow in some calea zacatechichi and some cannabis flowers to the mix.

Can't tell you exactly how much you should use since I'm no experienced changaist. But I've read that you need just a bit of a MAOI plant to have the effects. Try reading in the changa sticky! Smile

nadir
#5 Posted : 1/13/2010 2:57:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in theory it's impossible to smoke that much to reach mao inhibition.oral dose is 200g as i remember.
better choice is to enhance your passionflower with freebase harmine or caapi extract.
p.s. don't use passiflora stems, they will spoil the taste. swim also adds some menthol to smooth the smoke
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 1/13/2010 4:20:39 PM

The Great Namah

Passionflower has some serious drawbacks:

1) the smoke is 2x as bitter as the leaf...horrible smoking in my opinion, very harsh, very unpleasant

2) you would need to smoke OVER 28grams to get MAO-inhibtion, not very practical

IMHO there are better plant leaves, such as mullen, lotus, damania, and a host of others.

Passionflower is really only good as a sedative, and even the tea is pretty bitter.

If you want to add something for an MAOI effect, you should look into extracting rue. It's cheap, easy, and easily added to changa. An oz of Rue should run you a couple of $ and give you 1-2grams of freebase harmala alkaloids. You can easily add 25-50mgs of these alkaloids to a dose of changa...making it a full MAO-inhibition smoke.

Personally, I'd pick parsely over passionflower as a base for changa.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 1/13/2010 4:21:51 PM

The Great Namah

Dimitri-Trance wrote:
I also have some Harmaline 5x extract liquid (75mg per dropperful) would this be helpful in making some changa????

Yes. Yes it would.

I'd add 1/2 dropperful/dose.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Dimitri-Trance
#8 Posted : 1/13/2010 4:30:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Dimitri-Trance wrote:

Yes. Yes it would.

I'd add 1/2 dropperful/dose.

Nice!

Shadowman-x
#9 Posted : 1/13/2010 6:19:17 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Alternatively, you could use that tek to extract the crystals from the passionflower, it looks like it's a bit of a no-brainer.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...assion_Flower_Extraction
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

69ron
#10 Posted : 1/13/2010 8:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I totally disagree with acolon_5’s take on passionflower.

Passionflower makes a nice smoking base. A lot of people use it for that. Daminia is also good. I like peppermint and passionflower mixed together.

As a tea it tastes good with peppermint.

The MAOI effects of passionflower, when smoked, are much stronger than when taken orally. It will have noticeable effects when smoked as is.

Some people use passionflower as a smoking base for DMT. It’s quite nice and definitely extends and alters the smoked DMT experience. There’s no need to extract it if you're going to smoke it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dimitri-Trance
#11 Posted : 1/13/2010 8:43:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
I totally disagree with acolon_5’s take on passionflower.

Passionflower makes a nice smoking base. A lot of people use it for that. Daminia is also good. I like peppermint and passionflower mixed together.

As a tea it tastes good with peppermint.

The MAOI effects of passionflower, when smoked, are much stronger than when taken orally. It will have noticeable effects when smoked as is.

Some people use passionflower as a smoking base for DMT. It’s quite nice and definitely extends and alters the smoked DMT experience. There’s no need to extract it.

That's awesome! So how many grams will be a good MAOI (smoked) dose to be accompanied by DMT?

jamie
#12 Posted : 1/13/2010 8:55:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I smoked passionflower and never felt effects..not like I can get from caapi...and yeah passionflower tastes like crap..

I would make a tea or extract.
Long live the unwoke.

Dimitri-Trance
#13 Posted : 1/13/2010 8:58:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I smoked passionflower and never felt effects..not like I can get from caapi...and yeah passionflower tastes like crap..

I would make a tea or extract.

Cool...how many grams!?Rolling eyes

jamie
#14 Posted : 1/13/2010 8:59:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have no idea..I smoked joints of the stuff and didnt feel too much

And I made tea but it tasted sooo bad.

I would do a manske tek on the stuff and add that to a leaf base
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#15 Posted : 1/13/2010 9:23:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you didn't notice effects from smoking it, you probably had very bad quality passionflower. I would try again with passionflower from a different vendor. It definitely has effects when smoked. It’s well documented.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

reflexion
#16 Posted : 1/13/2010 9:50:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i've smoked lot's of freshly dried p. incarnata flowers that i picked locally, and never felt much either.
i smoke a lot of cannabis, so it could be that i'm somewhat 'de-sensitized' to it's subtle effect.
i also agree that tea made from the leaves is very bitter.
fwiw

69ron
#17 Posted : 1/13/2010 10:01:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe marijuana is messing up the effects? SWIM no longer smokes marijuana so he can’t comment on that.

The effects are mild, no matter how much you smoke, but its definitely noticeable, and similar to marijuana.

1 bowl of passionflower has definitely noticeable effects and extends the effects of DMT for SWIM. I also recall others on this forum saying the same thing.

If you find the leaves bitter, you might try making a tea from the flowers. They make a much better tasting tea. When I use passionflower, I mix it with peppermint. It tastes good like that. The flowers taste much better and are much stronger. 2 tsp of flowers produces a very nice mild psychedelic effect.

Orally, it's pretty useless as an MAOI unless extracted. But smoked is a different story. It is effective that way. Not as effective as rue, but it works.

69ron
#18 Posted : 1/13/2010 10:10:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Look here (a user from the Nexus):

smokeydaze wrote:
Ye, smoking passionflower by itself is a bit tangy but when infused with DMT it's fine, in fact even good.

If I'm right in assuming caapi would be the same as passionflower, you'd be surprised how much it actually effects the experience acolon. Very strong and much longer.

So, yeah, SWIM is not nuts. It works if you have good plant material. Passionflower smoked as is makes DMT stronger and longer lasting.

69ron
#19 Posted : 1/13/2010 10:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you read this thread below, you'll find a lot of people actually use passionflower in their Changa mixes:

A Guide to DMT Enhanced Leaf (Changa)

gammagore
#20 Posted : 1/13/2010 10:22:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The first batch of Changa that I made was with passionflower and one with a mix of mullein, paul'darco and peppermint.

Im not sure if it is the interaction with the DMT, but it most deffinately did extend the journey, not as much as caapi leaf, but there was a significant increase compared to the batch made with the mullein, paul'darco and peppermint.

The taste of the passionflower was horrid, tasted like burnt bush grass. This is the only reason I didnt make another batch using it. Im glad in a way that it turned out that way, else I would have never tried the caapi leaf.

12NEXT