We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
69rons d limeonene vs Kratom Options

AiL762
#1 Posted : 7/5/2020 3:22:03 PM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

Hey everyone been lurking for quite some time, picked up a lot of knowledge for this new journey of psychonaut im doing and finally getting around to try being active on here.

Either way, before get into anything else and self exploration things. I wanted to know if anyone knows if 69rons Tek would work for extracting Kratom? Just do a rough press with the vinegar and coffee press so not filtering out everything with an acetone flush?

I know there's another tek most are using but Ron's seems so much simpler, faster, and possibly safer. I dont see why it shouldn't work but read just 1 comment that d lime doesn't work well with Kratom? Anyone know why or can confirm?

I mainly got off all the poison the VA was feeding me for years and surprised I never died in my sleep. I feel Kratom will really help me with my physical and insomnia ailments, but its sooooo disgusting I've barely done it for 2 weeks and wanted to stop completely.

I normally would take a red borneo 6-9grams. Mix it with a little water so like a sludge and slam it back. I tried making it a tea and even mixing with hot chocolate, and they worked well, but fuck taking like 700 calories every night.

Looking forward to the feedback. Thanks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 7/5/2020 8:08:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I've read, kratom alkaloids can be extracted with a basic acetone soak and evap. Much like salvia and much like a cactus alcohol resin which I happen to be working on at the moment. Acetone soak, decant, evaporate. I haven't done this myself, this is just what I read. I used kratom as replacement therapy for over a year. It is good medicine. It was just too easy for me to use heroin on top of the kratom. I've been on methadone maintenance now for six years at a full blocking dose, and I love it. No more cravings, no more constant relapse. Life is good. Hope this helps.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

AiL762
#3 Posted : 7/6/2020 1:46:56 AM

I've been lucky never got tempted with heroine. Hate needles and the fear of all the horror stories growing up.

My main thing was being on painkillers and more for the opiates. From knee and back issues from the Marine Corps.

Something I read about recently is Palmitoylethanolamide. Perfectly legal. I think that might be able to help you, obviously don't know what your situation is like or you yourself.

I have some otw, help me cut down on the amount of kratom needed since it intensifies it and eliminates dependance. Also planning on using it to cut down on the pack of cigs I do daily. Other benefits too but more minimal for me at least.

Anyways, problem with the acetone soak is heard acetone wash wouldn't transfer all the stuff, and sure you get a purer isolated product, kratom benefits from all the additional properties it has. So why curious about the d limeonene and vinegar, as should in theory just strip off just the plant material as in the San perdo extraction.

Which then skip the purifying acetone wash. So hopefully be left with about 1/5th of the initial amount and full spectrumm

That way instead of taking 9grams of that disgusting powder, I can comfortable put the extract into pills and take it that way.

Thats my idea at least. I haven't gathered the materials needed only reason havnt really attempted. Or have any idea how to properly test if it's the same thing.

Kyngwhatt
#4 Posted : 7/31/2020 8:17:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AiL762 wrote:

Something I read about recently is Palmitoylethanolamide. Perfectly legal. I think that might be able to help you, obviously don't know what your situation is like or you yourself.

Thank you for the tip on Palmitoylethanolamide ail762 i'm going to get some right now and report back.
and as far as the kratom extract i've been researching and it seems that a soxhlet alcohol extraction is the way to go.
The drug had completely altered their fundamental concept of reality

AiL762
#5 Posted : 8/1/2020 6:17:38 AM

Kyngwhatt wrote:

Thank you for the tip on Palmitoylethanolamide ail762 i'm going to get some right now and report back.
and as far as the kratom extract i've been researching and it seems that a soxhlet alcohol extraction is the way to go.

I had just started with kratom so can't say I noticed how it effected it, mainly since still was trying to find my dosage but hate the taste so much.

What I did see palm help significantly on is my cigarette use.

I take a 00 pill worth every few days and I essentislly went from smoking a pack a day, to only doing a few simply becuase I enjoy the sake of smoking and can't afford to be doing far more expensive like CBD like that.

But havnt dealt with nicotine cravings at all. Normally I'm a chain smoker and would suck to not do it.

Since a number of changes in my life and that being one of them. I now can have them essentislly in arms reach and still go hours or all day without giving them a 2nd thought.

Can you link that extraction? I really would like to put my kratom to use. Seems like a great plant overall.

Kyngwhatt
#6 Posted : 8/1/2020 11:43:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there is https://psychonautwiki.o...tom_resin/extraction_tek that i have used and it works well i just don't enjoy doing it and i think there is a easier more efficient way to get the alkaloids out.

A member showed me these pics and inspired me to do the same all he told me is he used alcohol and in the final distillation he puts the whole thing under vacuum to make the alcohol boil at a lower temperature. If anyone in the community could point me to resources that i could read about i would greatly appreciate it because i'm trying to research this topic with only knowing Soxhlet as a keyword.
Does anyone know if all the fine kratom powder in the thimble would clog the small siphon return or how this is remedied
Kyngwhatt attached the following image(s):
ca0cbf9c04d7ac58e3659426721d1c08.jpg (148kb) downloaded 131 time(s).
kratom sohxlet.jpg (139kb) downloaded 132 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 8/1/2020 10:19:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Kyngwhatt wrote:
Does anyone know if all the fine kratom powder in the thimble would clog the small siphon return or how this is remedied
If that's your set-up, then it's very nice! Although it looks as though you're using a coffee filter rather than an actual cellulose thimble? If you haven't any thimbles [EDIT: had a closer look!] you could try sticking a small plug of glass (or cellulose) wool in the bottom of the soxhlet trap.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

AiL762
#8 Posted : 8/1/2020 11:10:19 PM

Damn thats a beautiful setup.

Either way i decided to just do a mock up of the one you posted.

Currently have 150g sitting with 1tbsp of white vinegar, 2 tbsp of vodka, and enough water until it was muddy.

Going to freeze, thaw and shake a few times in the course of this week.

Prior to the extraction.
AiL762 attached the following image(s):
20200801_140227.jpg (3,464kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
20200801_140302.jpg (2,871kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
20200801_140455.jpg (2,698kb) downloaded 114 time(s).
20200801_141132.jpg (3,563kb) downloaded 115 time(s).

Kyngwhatt
#9 Posted : 8/2/2020 2:58:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is someone else's setup i'm trying to reverse engineer so i can make a nice extract to take a load off of my digestive track. The problem is that i don't know what some of the pieces are called to research and buy them.

Thanks for the glass or cellulose wool tip downwardsfromzero

That's awesome AiL762 the worst part is scraping up the tar if you have an opportunity to scrape some into a silicone bowl while it's still hot, do it. let me know if you like the product, i felt like it didn't extract the full spectrum of alkaloids and ended up taking it with some kratom powder.
Kyngwhatt attached the following image(s):
ca0cbf9c04d7ac58e3659426721d1c08.jpg (273kb) downloaded 108 time(s).

AiL762
#10 Posted : 8/2/2020 4:06:37 AM

Kyngwhatt wrote:

That's awesome AiL762 the worst part is scraping up the tar if you have an opportunity to scrape some into a silicone bowl while it's still hot, do it. let me know if you like the product, i felt like it didn't extract the full spectrum of alkaloids and ended up taking it with some kratom powder.

Yeah i was reading that as well about the alkaloids, seeing people suggested using alcohol in order to grab more that the water alone can not.

Hence why I added the little bit of vodka as didnt have cheap stuff and wasn't gonna run to the store for some.

I'm thinking 90% rubbing alcohol could work like the salvia soft extract.

Sadly with the rona going on everywhere is sold out and what I did order im using for over 300grams of ssalvia. Lol

Don't have a silicone bowl, but that sounds like very well be worth getting. I have over 500grams left of kratom to process if this works well.

Seems only way I could stomach it was with mixed with hot chocolate but f drinking that every night.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 8/3/2020 9:15:45 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

KyngWhatt - That part circled in green in your photo, if you're wondering what name to search with you could try "Drechsler (or Drechsel) head"; it's being used as a part of a suction trap, to prevent the distillate from accidentally getting drawn into the vacuum system and thus being lost, as well as preventing it from potentially ruining a vacuum pump. It's not actually completely essential, but while an effective alternative can be mocked up from simpler pieces, it's still worth getting at least a couple if you can as they're pretty useful.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Entheogenerator
#12 Posted : 8/5/2020 8:27:43 PM

Homo discens

Are you referring to 69ron's cactus tek? As far as I know kratom alkaloids will either be destroyed or left behind in an acid/base extraction. The general consensus online still seems to be that a single-solvent soak with ethanol is the way to go, from what I have seen.

Kratom seems challenging because of how many different alkaloids it produces. Whereas a cactus or DMT extraction isolates one single alkaloid, kratom's benefits seem to rely on synergy between a number of different active compounds. I'm really curious about the effects of mitragynine and 7-OH-mytragynine on their own, but isolating them seems to be more difficult than I'd hoped.

Capsules are the only thing that has really worked for me in struggling to stomach powdered leaf unfortunately
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

rOm
#13 Posted : 8/6/2020 12:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Isolates of Mytraginine and 7 OH Mytraginine didn't really work out for me and I do'nt see it as a interesteing alcaloid per se, well far less than mescaline, n,n-DMT or Harmalas isolate and even salvinorin A is less interrsting but still more interesting that that , whithout the others ones. well, maybe I need more trials but yeh I think the big benefit and sens that we gain from the combination of various alcaloids and also other plnts constituents. Pretty much like its cousin coffee, or tea, and coca,or even chancruna and chaliponga or caapi and oib iboga or toad 5 MeO DMT thewhole extract seems way better or the whole ground plant leaf seems way betterthan anisolate.
NOw that doesn't mean it is unnteresting to see and dig the alcaoids alone, so do it but most poeple worked didn'tseemedyet to lead to any conclusive endingd.some manage to isozalte it well but the end product is IMO and IME inferior to a more whole product.

Not : it is a general conscensus thatis you want to use isolate like mitraginine or 7 OH Mytraginine, you will still have to take a little full alcaloids or like ground leaf powdder by side tomake it work. SO if you want to redcude plant matter, hyoumay try but will will have to take smoe plant matter for minimal effects occuring. so high prices or extensive workand lame effect andlack or action ifnot used with other leaded me to not dig the isolation ofsuch alcaloids. maybe in vape pen its different that being said.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Kyngwhatt
#14 Posted : 8/9/2020 4:00:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AiL762 I received that palmitoylethanolamide that you recommended. It really seemed to lower my tolerance and reduce back pain! have you had a chance to try it yet? how'd the extraction turn out?