We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ugh, it's hot out, camping with melted spice Options

null24
#1 Posted : 7/31/2020 6:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

So, Summer is here and the time is right for tripping in the desert. Showing off my little camp rig in the pics. It has a little bit of cubensis, some FB harmalas from rue, two pre-weighed 40 mg doses of mimosa xtal spice, a 1/4 gm of the same, a bowl of EL+ harmalas, mg scale, prepped chillum, lighter and dessicant packs for the heck of it.

The other pic is a fair amount of acacia goo/waxtal that has completely succumbed to the summer heat. I would like to bring it along, but it would be impossible to work with out there, in the dark and dirt. Wondering if I should just make EL with it, after all, that is the easiest way to session-smoke, ime. However, finding IPA is impossible right now for some reason and I dont think I can evap everclear or acetone before tomorrow, which is when I plan to take off.

Anyone have suggestions as to how to harden it up quickly?

I guess I could get a dab straw and silicone mat...

null24 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200731_103923839[1].jpg (2,747kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
IMG_20200731_103942261[1].jpg (3,212kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 7/31/2020 9:25:39 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Do a hot water bath with some herbs in a jar and put the goo over the top. I’ve used my stove to do this, but you gotta keep a close eye, because I’ve also started vaping some this way. If I’m doin EL, I usually just do the melt method. Key is lots of stirring while it’s nice and warm for the best homogenization.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

null24
#3 Posted : 7/31/2020 10:59:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, thanks. That is an option for sure!Thumbs up

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 7/31/2020 11:11:43 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Also I found when working with the goo it’s easiest to freeze for a few minutes like dabs to make a hard product for weighing. Tho it turns back much quicker than dab. So work fast.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

null24
#5 Posted : 7/31/2020 11:17:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I have a little baby food bottle, using that I should: weigh my herbs and DMT, put the herb into the jar in a hot water bath, (somehow manipulate the gooey) DMT onto the herb, and it should melt in nicely?

I see it just getting really messy and losing a lot in the stirring and on the jar. Is this inaccurate or are there ways to mitigate this if so?

EDIT: Even an overnight freeze didn't do much. It seems to have completely destabilized permanently. I can relateRazz .
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 8/1/2020 12:04:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the most beautiful tray of jungle crystals that melted all to goop because it got so damned hot right at the end. Oh well, I just rescraped it across the cornigware and let it dry. I got dry workable product in the end that I am more than happy with. But damn. Those orange crystals would have been beautiful in my kit.

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand