We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Plenty Vaporizer Options

potnoble
#1 Posted : 5/5/2020 10:37:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello folks

I just wanted to give a little review of the Plenty Vape by Storz and Bickel
because i like it so much.

It is the little brother of the volcano and much cheaper.

I have tried alot of different devices over the years and it is by far the best imo.

Only downside is it doesn´t stand on its own. There is a little brush that you can put
in a hole on the side but after taking a hit you need that brush to clean the bowl.

The bowl is huge! You can put almost a gramm of herb in there which is basically game over for you.
There is a liquid pad that you can put in the bowl to make it smaller but i recommend buying
the smaller bowl for the dosing capsules.

I don´t think this device is good for DMT but maybe changa works in there.

After the temperature is reached it will automatically turn off for 90 sec. and then you
can make it heat up again. That´s why anything but herb is probably a bad idea.

So if anyone reads this and is thinking about buying a stationary vape try this one.
Performance is probably even better than the volcano for much less money.

Have fun!!
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 5/5/2020 12:00:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

It may actually also be great for Freebase, as you have these nice liquid pads for exactly these destination.
I mean, they are designed for hash oil I think, but just put your Spice dose on them, maybe let them sit on a hot plate at a LOW setting to heat them to 80 °C+ and then all the Spice will melt in.

Load your Plenty and you are good to go.

I tried it with the handheld Crafty Vaporizer and even though this process was very convenient (Handheld Vaporizer, Preloaded Ammunition, STYLE!) the Crafty did not vape a high dose in 1 long draw, it was always less than 10 mg ://

But regarding the Plenty, I guess that one will have a much higher power to vaporize and if 20 mg can be vaped, then it would be great, as 20 mg TRULY vaporized pure Spice is definetly more than 40 mg 50 % Changa would ever achieve.

But right now I'm done searching for new devices and it would not be pracital to buy one just for testing. Maybe you can try putting some Freebase on the liquid pad and premelt (higher surface area = faster evaporation) and then check out what happens if you draw at 180 °C Thumbs up Thumbs up Love

Loveall
#3 Posted : 5/5/2020 2:31:53 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

As I see it, the plenty is just a crafty with a bigger battery, or am I missing something. I only have experience using the crafty, but I think it may apply here.

After experimenting, I have two favorite devices depending on the situation:

Crafty/Mighty: Good for multiple small doses. Pros: load ~150mg and forget. Great for a long and slow vaping session after drinking harmalas. Also good for "light" vaping with friends. Cons: You can run out of battery before spice (with the mighty this may not be an issue). Lots of passive cooling causing buildup of spice on the device walls, regular cleaning is required (what do is IPA clean -> dry the IPA -> naphtha reX, pretty straightforward).

E-mesh: Excelent for single dose hits. Very efficient and smooth, battery life is incredible. Once the settings are dialed in, only con tricky loading that needs to be done for every single hit (can be made easier with a custom cut mesh). If you just want to blast off once and be done this is the best way I have found.

This is just my opinion/experience. I'm not claiming this is the objective truth: it is only my perspective. To each their own.

5/6 Edit: My apologies, I confused the plenty with the mighty. I don't have any plenty experience (edits done above)
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

potnoble
#4 Posted : 5/5/2020 4:00:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello lovely people

I think the problem with the plenty is that the temperature is dropping after heating immidiately.

You can´t keep it on 180C for example.

The Crafty and Mighty keep the same temperature and i think the volcano too.

I will have a little birthday party in 2 weeks and i will try it then.

The regular liquid pad is huge.

I will come back to this and tell you how it worked.

Thanks for posting and have a gud one Big grin
Alexander Shulgin

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 5/5/2020 10:58:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

It may be nice that the liquid pad is that huge (I saw them online), as you may sprinkle the DMT all over this thing and then achieve a very high distribution to aid in fast evaporation (compared to a very compressed tiny liquid pad when using the handheld versions).

But I dont really get how it will not hold 180 °C. I mean that sounds more like something is broken, I have absolutely 0 experience with this thing, but it just sounds strange to me. It is designed to be used like the other Storz & Bickel devices, so why would anyone NOT need a constant hot air flow?

Do I get it correctly?

*You have a "desired temperature" field and type in 180 °C

you have a "real temperature" field and this is 20 °C in the beginning.

Then it heats to 180 °C, you start drawing and while "desired temperature" is still at 180, the other value goes down to like 150? So it CLEARLY is a misfunction, as the device still has its desired temperature set to a higher value?*

Or dont you even have these desired + real temperature and it works different? Because if not, then it must be broken if the device even tells you, that it cannot fulfill the chosen settings Confused

potnoble
#6 Posted : 5/6/2020 9:26:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Plenty heats up to lets say 180C and then turns off automatically.
For 90 sec. the temperature drops slowly and by squeezing the trigger
it heats up again to the set temperature.

It holds the temperature pretty good but it drops.

So i haven´t tried but i can see that it will be very inconsistent for DMT.

For weed it doesn´t matter that much because the vapor is so smooth you can just set it it a little higher then you would normally do and it never drops below the desired temperature.
I had some White Berry that was very dry and i could use very low temp to vape but if the bud is very fresh you turn it up a little.
Long story short: Its not as accurate as the portable versions but trust me for bud its even smoother then those fantastic devices.

You also don´t have a digital temp. setting. You have 7 pre sets and thats it.

But because the liquid pad is so big you can probably have a low dose for a few people and just pass
it around.

I don´t think it works for BTs. For that i would use a GVG or the E-mesh.

One more thing that a friend of mine does with the Mighty. He is using
the dosing capsules for DMT with the liquid pad inside.
He says he had a BT but he melted 100mg into the pad before vaping.

So for that i stick to the E-mesh

I think i will try today since i want to know if it works and post my results tomorrow.

See ya Thumbs up
Alexander Shulgin

Loveall
#7 Posted : 5/6/2020 2:05:03 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

My apologies, I confused the Plenty with the Mighty. I don't have any plenty experience (edits done in my post above).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

potnoble
#8 Posted : 5/7/2020 12:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So i have tried it yesterday and it works.

But it is not efficient. For a BT you will need more than 70 mg as far as i can tell.

I will use this device only for bud because i don´t like wasting spice.

So if you are looking for a vaporizer that can be used for cannabis in all its forms
try this one. Thumbs up

One more negative thing: After vaping Spice i immidiately cleaned it which is very easy
but the cooling coil thingy is a little harder to clean.
Just a minor thing but it takes more time than with other devices.

Hope this can help someone.

Have a gud one
Alexander Shulgin

Transition
#9 Posted : 7/21/2020 11:22:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've got the plenty, the crafty and the volcano analogue. The volcano analogue is the only one I've used it is good for blast off I'd be surprised if either of the smaller devices worked nearly as well although i'm sure the mighty would get you there with enough changa. Great devices, they're all I use now a days.

potnoble
#10 Posted : 7/25/2020 1:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love this company so much!!

Recently i ran out of weed because of corona. But i had some frosty leaves and some resin
left. In a good vaporizer the effects are still absolutely great.
Even the taste.

They are one of the first people to make real vaporizers but nowadays there are so many
great companies out there.
I will stick with my Plenty thoughBig grin

I hope you have alot of fun with your collection

Have a gud one
Alexander Shulgin