We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lysing psilocybin cubensis cells by freezing Options

observe
#1 Posted : 6/4/2020 4:25:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I took 7.5g of cubensis shake and added 500ml of boiling water and 50ml of lemon juice to it, steeping it for a couple hours before freezing it for 24 hours. Thawing it currently the color changed from blue to beige. I will decant then repeat the process if successful, having found little info on the efficacy of lysing cubensis cells via freezing I hope someone experienced could chime in before I drink it in T-7 hours. I plan to add sugar,lavender,honey and ginger to it after filtering resulting in somewhat of a lemonade. My main concern is not lysing the cells and just reducing the waters solubility. Thank you for reading and any wisdom you have to impart before I begin my journey.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 6/4/2020 5:55:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

As far as I know lysing cells in any way is not even needed, the regular tea is just putting your mushrooms in hot water. So ... should be fine from my limited point of view.

But regarding the mushroom material, it can't be kept afterwards (well why would you even need to) as they quickly get moldy no matter what you do, when they were once wet after being stored.

observe
#3 Posted : 6/4/2020 7:59:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you I thawed the tea added 30ml of vodka and another 50ml of lemonjuice to improve solubility then gently heated it for 20min and added the herbs. I took the sediment added another 7.5g and did a 2nd pull freezing it. I noticed a lot of the shake dissolved into the water which i havent had happen not lysing. What factors cause loss in potency when preparing tea? I receny lost a quarter to a failed tea attempt and it has made me nervous, i believe it was due to 2hours of heating and no acidification.

doubledog
#4 Posted : 6/4/2020 9:53:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You don't need to boil it, or freeze/thaw it, or use such high amount of water or acid, actives have a great solubility in slightly acidic water.

Metta-Morpheus
#5 Posted : 6/4/2020 11:14:33 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I’ve always just done a 20 minute low boil, strained, and repeat for the hell of it. You may be over complicating it.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

observe
#6 Posted : 6/5/2020 2:43:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I never boil shroom tea just a very light simmer. I am over complicating to hedge my bets of producing a strong tea. Last summer I drank a tea of 7g with maoi inhibition and none of the teas have lived up since including tea's using identical material and recipe. It kills me to waste any psilocybin because it is very uncommon where I am. The tea that worked was cooked for roughly 5hours which defys pretty much all the teks I have read yet it was very efficient. I dont know what to do because teks I have proven work no longer work giving me 0 lesson in tea production. Is it possible any heat decomposes psilocybin? Psilocybin/psilocin seem quite stable being able to get baked into chocolates and cookies so I highly doubt my low simmer damaged it. Tell me how to do it right and I will do it now. Can I simmer for 5hours again? Would a 5 day cold water extraction be effective? I have thrown mushrooms in water filtered and drank with lackluster effects, I only want to lose contact with myself fully for 9hours again and I have come nowhere close. I need a really efficient tea recipe like all the superb ayahuasca teks that teach to tear the dmt from the bark whether it wants to leave or not. I have spent the last several days(years technically) reading every tek I can find I have implemented most techniques I have been told without success my only success is irreproducible despite me documenting it well. Please point me to a technique that will get every drop every time I will use it very often.Thank you all for reading.

Metta-Morpheus
#7 Posted : 6/5/2020 3:34:11 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Have you always used maoi with your teas? I’m sure you lost contact with yourself and everything around you on 7g with maoi. That sounds intense. But unless that’s been implemented every time, results may vary.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

observe
#8 Posted : 6/5/2020 4:33:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Of course I use maoi almost everytime(same with dmt) except for lastnight I took 110mg mdmda followed by a 220mg booster which is a treat mdma is something I am very cautious/restrained with. I have been brewing teas in anyway I can think of and ingesting with maois with almost 0 success. It really frustrates me because ingesting 7g of capsuled mushroom is no way to guarantee every drop of psilocybin enters my bloodstream and I dont go as deep. I need a thorough tea tek time and energy is no object. Mushrooms are extremely tolerable for me at every dose I have done because my preflight anxiety with dmt is like the tension you'd have if you were about to cut yourself. I mainly want to have a psilohuasca type experience so I can be in a dmtesque space i am comfortable in with 0 contact for a longtime to erode my negative associations with dmt and hopefully be able to breakthrough again, now anytime I take a hit of dmt its almost like my body goes into shock even on low doses because of the trauma that is subconsciously associated with it. Dmt is my favorite substance and my very very panicked reaction to it makes it more interesting if anything. I believe psilocybin is a perfect way to reacclimate and have been doing a q a week until it works again. When my first 7g tea worked I spoke in tongues for 9hours.

Loveall
#9 Posted : 6/5/2020 5:58:53 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Light exposure while dissolved in water can degrade psiloci(by)n That's something to consider.

I always work in as dark conditions as possible when making a tea.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

observe
#10 Posted : 6/5/2020 10:45:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have not turned the lights on at all there is dim natural light coming in through the 1 window but there is an alley outside so dim lighting. The freezer/fridge are generally dark aswell.

BecometheOther
#11 Posted : 7/20/2020 8:37:27 PM

metamorhpasizer

I once froze about 30 grams of fresh cubensis in a cup of water, it looked really cool, the mushrooms suspended in that ice cube.

Anyways i thawed it out by just letting it melt, and then i strained out the mushrooms.

the resulting liquid was a BEAUTIFUL vivid blue color! Unfortunately it seemed to be inactive i drank the whole glass, no effects.

Anyone with more scientific knowledge know what happened here? I feel like i was on to something but like i said it seemed inactive, i have not repeated the experiment
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

SynKyd
#12 Posted : 7/20/2020 11:53:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could be weak cubes, or the good stuff didn’t make it to the water, or freezing them before extracting the goodies ruined it for you. Pretty much impossible to say, but that’s not a method that’s considered reliable as far as I know.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Loveall
#13 Posted : 7/21/2020 1:56:56 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

BecometheOther wrote:
I once froze about 30 grams of fresh cubensis in a cup of water, it looked really cool, the mushrooms suspended in that ice cube.

Anyways i thawed it out by just letting it melt, and then i strained out the mushrooms.

the resulting liquid was a BEAUTIFUL vivid blue color! Unfortunately it seemed to be inactive i drank the whole glass, no effects.

Anyone with more scientific knowledge know what happened here? I feel like i was on to something but like i said it seemed inactive, i have not repeated the experiment

I would guess the mushrooms where damaged during freeze/defrost, which activated the PsiP and PsiL enzymes. These enzymes are apparently released during damage (see attached paper). After that, the psiloc(yb)in is turned into non-active blue quinoid psilocyl oligomers.

This is just a guess. I don't have scientific knowledge on this topic (in the sense that I'm not a scientists in this field).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Ferrum
#14 Posted : 7/21/2020 2:39:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have noticed a grand difference in potency and speed of onset of mushroom effects I eat of the same batch if I powder them in a coffee grinder verses raw stems or caps just chewing

I'm positive it's because of surface area . Im nearly positive it isn't a placebo effect . Powdering the dry material will give you more mileage I firmly believe. I think cellular breakdown via freezing is overkill .

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 7/21/2020 3:21:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I concur with Loveall about the quinoid oligomers/polymers.

It strikes me that if these polymers are formed via a free-radical mechanism, they could remain as so-called 'living polymers' which would slowly consume the great majority of the available psilo*cin during the thawing process. The oxidising enzymes would also retain their activity throughout the time from initial cellular damage to the point the liquid finally meets the stomach acid, compounding the loss of actives.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli