We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First experiences with Nutmeg Options

CircuitPenguin
#1 Posted : 5/26/2020 4:20:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, there. While i get ready for getting the jurema cwe going, i need help with getting that nutmeg tincture right. I'm not sure i misunderstood something or not, but once the alcohol gets mixed with the powdered nutmeg, that's it, it's good to go, or do i have to add any other ingredient? I'm not sure i misunderstood anything or not.

The original thread on nutmeg tincture:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=64755

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 5/26/2020 5:09:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Myristicin (the main active ingredient) is soluble in ethanol just as it is, so you dont need to add anything more. Thumbs up

Then do a report on the effects, I read very mixed reports on nutmeg Big grin Big grin. Curious if it is worth a shot just for curiousitys sake.

CircuitPenguin
#3 Posted : 6/4/2020 4:04:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But how long should I keep nutmeg soaked? The alcohol to be used, should it be a drinkable alcohol, like evergrain, or should I use IPA? The instructions really aren't clear, and I can't afford to get it wrong.

Brennendes Wasser
#4 Posted : 6/4/2020 5:57:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Sounds definetly like you swallow the whole mixture - possibly diluted with other more good-tasting stuff. So definetly go with evergrain instead of IPA. Also soaking it longer can't hurt. So just grind the nuts into fine powder - if not already bought like that - and just leave it in there for 2 days.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 6/5/2020 11:19:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I replied in the other thread, but will add this:

I have always strained out or decanted away from the powder. It would be wise use small amounts of the tincture rather than necking a whole ounce's worth of nutmeg, along with an ounce of everclear, all in one go. A teaspoonful in a cup of milky coffee produces a nice euphoria.

Obligatory link to everything else nutmeggy:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=876594#post876594

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

CircuitPenguin
#6 Posted : 6/25/2020 4:38:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The crockpot has arrived, and so has monster vodka, or everclear. I've bought 6 kernels of nutmeg.
I think I'll try doing what I assume oilman has done in the "nutmeg components soluble in water" or something similar, and extract the components using milk. The fact that the nutmeg-milk combo does produce a 30+ hours high also got it chosen as extraction method.

Any tips? The straining part in particular sounds like it's very troublesome, given that i think the milk's fat will probably get caught in the strainer's mesh.

So, any extra info will be appreciated.

CircuitPenguin
#7 Posted : 6/26/2020 1:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, it's been about 30 minutos since I've started drinking the hot nutmeg milk. Straining was easy, ran the milk through a sieve, but as predicted, most of the milk's fat remained behind the mesh along with the ground nutmeg... There's a description of how to get nutmeg mixed with milk in a nutmeg tea recipe found on erowid ( https://erowid.org/plant...utmeg/nutmeg_info2.shtml ), but the recipe definetly states that the so-called "nutmeg mush" must be taken ALONG with the milk rather than getting removed, but I hope this proves false.

I'm keeping the mush, anyway. Should milk not work, I can always try running that think thru everclear.

In spite of it all... Well, after looking for information on dosages, 20g wasn't so uncommon, so I took all six dried seeds I had and threw them down the milk; the seeds were about 3g each, so we're talking about 18g.

The first results are strange. I both feel sorta getting inflated inside my own body, as though my body had become a huge baloon, and I'm feeling sleepy, but wasn't this supposed to only hit me in like hours? I mean, sure, I do feel the effects of coffee instantaneously when I drink it, which is completely different from what's said that the gastric Route of Administration takes 30 minutes do deliver anything...

So. well, that's it. I'm feeling somewhat dizzy and... Wrong, somehow... Well, should the worst come to happen and the attempt flops, at least the milk didn't taste as bad as it's been said. My breath is tasting like cheap elevator perfume, though...

potnoble
#8 Posted : 6/26/2020 1:32:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi you brave Penguin

Hope this turns out to be a pleasant experience for you. Thumbs up
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

CircuitPenguin
#9 Posted : 7/10/2020 11:51:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, my attempts in doing a nutmeg milk extraction were something of a failure, while drinking the milk sorta made me feel intensely euphoric (i don't recall ever feeling so euphoric, even with other drugs), that's it, nothing more. It lasted about 4 hours, sorta drove me into bed, and when i woke up 2 hours later it was gone. I can't help but wonder if gulping down the mush mixed with the fatty portion of milk would have driven me to heaven or not.

It's been about 20 minutes since i've started drinking a nutmeg tincture (1 part nutmeg, 4 parts everclear), which i've diluted in milk, somewhat, adding 4 parts of milk to the 4 parts of nutmeg alcohol extract. Simply put, i'm somewhat drunk, so I wonder what else will happen.

The extract was created through adding 6 parts everclear to 1,5 parts nutmeg, measured in a glass, kept in a mason jar in the dark from tuesday to right now. There's some leftover, but... Holy fuck, i just recalled why i stopped drinking. I haven't even drank the entire portion down...

I think i should evaporate the alcohol and trying to deal with whatever's left. Do you think this might evaporate any of the active components? The fact that I'm drinking nutmeg milk vodka feels literally sickening, and my stomach is protesting any more of the mixture getting gulped down.

Well, that's it so far. Let's see if I'll hit something other than getting drunk.

edit: I've drank about 25g nutmeg, i might add. In spite of getting the extraction done, i'm still getting the infamous nutmeg burps.

edit: Never thought I'd do this, but I'm throwing away the rest of the milk/nutmeg thing, cheesus briest, this crap not only takes horribly but it's really punching in the stomach. Bizarre, but no way in hell not to reduce this.

And lawd, getting drunk on nutmeg vodka is frustrating, i expected to get high, not drunk.

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 7/11/2020 12:02:33 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I use 1 part nutmeg to 2 parts 80% ethanol

Dose at 1 teaspoon in milky strong coffee.

Be aware of the other dietary factors that influence nutmegs action - there are many.

Egg, black pepper, tomato and coffee the following day rekindles the effect.

There is a LONG-lasting influence on the cannabinoid system, IME/IMO.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli