We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Intro Options

Transition
#1 Posted : 7/9/2020 6:35:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I thought I'd already submitted an intro essay but apparently not so here it is. My first experiences with psychedelic drugs were cannabis and magic mushrooms, then LSD-25 and after that ecstasy pills, then MDMA for years. I had a break for years only using cannabis and occasionally drinking. Now a days I take MDMA very occasionally. I love cultivating plants, cannabis, peyote, san pedro, salvia and p.viridis. I've attended a peyote ceremony and a santo diame ceremony. I recently vaped a changa blend including blue lotus in my volcano vaporizer. I was impressed with my resulting experience managing to breakthrough with no problems first time. I have experienced 2-C E and ketamine and salvia extracts and don't feel it is relevant to mention any of the others as they weren't truly psychedelic in character. I have been enjoying sometime in the chat room recently and for years the nexus has been my reference point for psychedelics previous to this it was Erowid the lyceum and shroomery.

I find medicine wheels interesting. I've studied various martial arts. I practice yoga and meditation and enjoy surfing when I can.

My favourite book is Shibumi by Trevanian.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Justsomedude
#2 Posted : 7/9/2020 6:36:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice to meet you, Transition.

How was your experience like with changa ?

What martial arts do you/did you practice ?

Cheers

Transition
#3 Posted : 7/9/2020 7:03:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice to meet you too Justsomedude. Initially I tried Wing Chun, then various Kung fu, gong fu, tai chi and shaolin kung fu practices. I did a little kickboxing then I found it easier to find Muay Thai gyms wherever I was so I did that for some time. I enjoy yoga because it's something I can do anywhere and connects me to mind, body and spirit. It offers a similar experience to psychedelics and lets me look at myself.

The changa surprised me, it didn't taste unpleasant, it wasn't something my body really wanted to inhale and hold so it took some required effort. My last vape bag I was tripping already and after I let go of the vapor on that bag I expereienced some very interesting geometric patterns not the best visuals, alien presence, ayauscha feel, vibrations and music were good, heart opening feeling. I could look at life from other perspectives I hadn't seen before. Bit head achey after. My heart rate felt surprisingly fast, could have been of better quality I felt, it was obvious I'd used a chemical. There was a feeling of fight or flight (staring down the jaguar) it lasted 7min intense 20 mins mild. Two pinches in the volcano.

Have you done any martial arts or yoga yourself?

GnosisOfAllogenes
#4 Posted : 7/9/2020 7:55:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey what's up man. Welcome to it too. This really is an excellent space for learning.

I too love cultivating plants! I'm envious of your peyote plants -- that is one of the things I have not managed to see with my eyes (or my heart-eyes) yet.

Transition
#5 Posted : 7/9/2020 9:00:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have one peyote cacti. It has flowered before, it's a beautiful flower.

Transition
#6 Posted : 7/9/2020 9:02:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I see you have some Iboga experience Gnosis!

GnosisOfAllogenes
#7 Posted : 7/10/2020 1:58:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well, yes, I do have *some* experienec with pure (95% pure) ibogaine. Never true iboga root. I have approximately 1.7 g of 95% purity ibogaine for future reports. I am extremely keen to give more reports of my experiences with that

Achilles
#8 Posted : 7/10/2020 3:00:32 AM

I is the obstacle.

Welcome to the nexus transition Thumbs up
This guys ego ^

Justsomedude
#9 Posted : 7/10/2020 7:10:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Transition wrote:

Have you done any martial arts or yoga yourself?

I've done martial arts since 2007, I guess its 13 years now. I did an obscure form of kempo kaarate, kickboxing, and nowadays I only box.

I'd start doing MMA or similar if there were gyms near me.

Transition
#10 Posted : 7/10/2020 2:31:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Shorinji kempo looks very interesting. I'm not so interested in MMA, Brazilian Jujitsu looks very effective but the pounding your going to be taking in the ring is not for me. I enjoy watching and sparring in Muay Thai, it's a lot of fun and a great learning experience. I've trained in Muay Thai in MMA gyms and seen what those guys put themselves through. There's an element of MMA I really dislike but also at the end of the day, those guys are really showcasing how effective these different systems are. The mental endurance they demonstrate not taping out, breaking bones and still fighting for a result is truly incredible. MMA is not for me. Boxing is again not my long term interest. I've done a little boxing in an effort to improve my Muay Thai skills though. I have an understanding and appreciation for it. I worked at the commonwealth games cleaning and providing Gatorade for the athletes.

Transition
#11 Posted : 7/10/2020 2:32:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Achillies, nice to meet you. I remember you, you've been here a while havn't you, seem to remember you being in the chat several years ago when I dropped in.

Transition
#12 Posted : 7/10/2020 4:16:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been reading your experience report Achillies and I was interested to see you observations about salvia divinorum. It's a plant I first heard about on a ethnobotanical documentary and not long later found a cutting in a neighbouring city I could pick up, I had lots of experience with it and also the extract later, I also saw it being used at festivals in tipi's and heard so wild stories and prices people were paying. Later I bought extract in amsterdam and not long after that it was commercially available all over europe.

I noticed the same as you, I called it the salvia twist, it's a force strong enough to move your body. Sometimes people don't deal with it well.

Also becoming inanimate objects, tables, playing cards etc... I became a taxidermied python once. (my gf has a taxidermy python).

Both observations I've heard others make and finally I came to agree with them.

Transition
#13 Posted : 7/10/2020 4:20:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Gnosis, Ibogaine is something I've always been interested in. It is the teacher plant that seemed the most mysterious, with few reports available other than an entry in plants of the gods about the bwiti people and their ceremonies. I know it's a lot easier to find information and even the iboga itself but I've never heard of it's synthetic variety being used by anyone. All the reports I've heard about the iboga have suggested black and white visuals and a lot of reflection on oneself and actions in the past. I've heard it is an extremely rough experience on the body.

Achilles
#14 Posted : 7/11/2020 12:40:20 AM

I is the obstacle.

Transition wrote:
I've been reading your experience report Achillies and I was interested to see you observations about salvia divinorum. It's a plant I first heard about on a ethnobotanical documentary and not long later found a cutting in a neighbouring city I could pick up, I had lots of experience with it and also the extract later, I also saw it being used at festivals in tipi's and heard so wild stories and prices people were paying. Later I bought extract in amsterdam and not long after that it was commercially available all over europe.

I noticed the same as you, I called it the salvia twist, it's a force strong enough to move your body. Sometimes people don't deal with it well.

Also becoming inanimate objects, tables, playing cards etc... I became a taxidermied python once. (my gf has a taxidermy python).

Both observations I've heard others make and finally I came to agree with them.

Lol oh sally d... she’s an odd one. And ty for going back and reading my trip reports 🤗🤗🤗 nobodies probably read em in forever. I’m happy to hear that they’re still of use to some 👍👍👍 welcome again transition and I look forward to reading your post. ❤️
This guys ego ^

GnosisOfAllogenes
#15 Posted : 7/15/2020 5:46:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
. I know it's a lot easier to find information and even the iboga itself but I've never heard of it's synthetic variety being used by anyone

Indeed, if I am not mistaken, ibogaine is extremely difficult/expensive to produce synthetically. Most of the ibogaine HCl that's out there in clinics and beyond is extracted from the iboga root bark. However, some of it is apparently semi-sythesized from a related alkaloid called voacangine extracted from the related plant Voacanga africana. That's what I have been told anyway, and that is the provenance I got for the small bit of ibogaine that I have.

I am however very interested in using Iboga or a total-alkaloid extract, to compare and contrast effects. From my research the main difference is that well for one it is much easier to achieve the proper mg/kg dose for each individual using the pure alkaloid - a big plus for opioid-withdrawal interruption. Also, from what I've read and heard, the ibogaine HCl isolate is much easier on the body and somewhat shorter acting (at least in terms of the actual visionary part).

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 7/15/2020 7:57:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

GnosisOfAllogenes wrote:
Indeed, if I am not mistaken, ibogaine is extremely difficult/expensive to produce synthetically. Most of the ibogaine HCl that's out there in clinics and beyond is extracted from the iboga root bark. However, some of it is apparently semi-sythesized from a related alkaloid called voacangine extracted from the related plant Voacanga africana. That's what I have been told anyway, and that is the provenance I got for the small bit of ibogaine that I have.
This information is correct. Voacangine, from the seeds of Voacanga africana, can indeed be converted to ibogaine, and in a broadly kitchen-safe manner. It's far more sustainable to use seeds than roots and Tabernanthe iboga is a threatened species now because of its usage as a psychotropic medicine.

There is a documented method for the Voacanga seed extraction/conversion which anyone should be able to find with a brief online search.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Transition
#17 Posted : 7/16/2020 11:49:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The synthetic version sounds like it has a lot of value for addiction therapy. And a good safety profile.

Transition
#18 Posted : 7/21/2020 1:36:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm pleased to say i've been upgraded to full membership! I'd like to say thankyou to everyone who's made this possible.

Phangz
#19 Posted : 7/21/2020 9:05:30 AM

Seeking...

Transition wrote:
I'm pleased to say i've been upgraded to full membership! I'd like to say thankyou to everyone who's made this possible.

Congrats Transition Matey!!
There's never enough dirt but......the best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago.

Achilles
#20 Posted : 7/23/2020 2:05:44 PM

I is the obstacle.

Transition wrote:

Congrats again transition, after speaking with you in chat I have no doubt you’ll make a terrific member. Congratulations and welcome to the nexus 😉
This guys ego ^

12NEXT