We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dose measurement Options

Im'there'
#1 Posted : 7/6/2020 9:30:59 PM

Kenno

Are scales essential for measuring doses , especially big doses, if the intention is to take a big breakthrough dose then why does it have to be measured out accurately dose by dose.

Cheers man

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

PedroSanchez
#2 Posted : 7/6/2020 10:17:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, scales are essential. you will need 1mg ones, usually marked as 0.001g or .001g

it is impossible to eyeball powders/crystals, despite common confidence. imagine if you were to accidentally smoke a 150mg dose. its an extreme example and you still probably wont die, but they are not nice to witness and i imagine not nice to experience. most people dont remember them, so it would be a waste of a journey too.

all risks aside, if you measure your doses you have much more control over your experience. you will learn what doses effect you in what ways and you can choose to have the trip that suits you at the time. not everybody wants to breakthrough every time, and it sucks when you want to breakthrough and your dose is too small, too.
it can also help you control how you work up to it if thats what you want to do.

even most cheap chinese scales are fine if you calibrate them before every use. for a few $ you can have complete control over your experience.

Exitwound
#3 Posted : 7/6/2020 10:18:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, scales are a must for many reasons. You are aiming for BT like many other lemmings that's fine, but
if you aren't approaching smoalking with enough care and respect, the results will reflect the approach.

TGO
#4 Posted : 7/7/2020 3:02:21 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Yeah, as others have mentioned, scales are generally a good idea to have. It is really easy to accidentally get a whopper of a dose that traumatizes you with a harrowing experience. DMT has been known to slap people around, so-to-speak, just search for the term "hyperslap" and you'll find many reports of people taking too much and end up having a difficult time, myself included. Also, if you take an excessive amount when vaping/smoking DMT, there is a chance you'll simply black out for a few minutes and then come to with no memory of anything that happened.

The Nexus is a place where safety is our biggest concern which is why we generally advocate for new users to start slow with low dosages and build their way up to their breakthrough "sweetspot." It can take a lot of trial and error but it will be worth the effort in the long run.

Good luck!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Im'there'
#5 Posted : 7/7/2020 5:27:45 PM

Kenno

Many thanks for the advise guys, Thumbs up

Eaglepath
#6 Posted : 7/7/2020 7:43:27 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

When I used to smoke a lot of Changa the first 30min started of very responsible with measured dosages on a scale.. usually that later pivoted into some irritation because it never got me where I wanted, instead I nearly almost found myself half here and half there with a racing mind and weird body sensations.. Tensed and nervous..

This is where I usually connected with the inner viking and said to myself: fuck it! Took the jar of changa and just poured it into the pipe... SMoked as much as I possible could of the white dense smoke.. usually me and the room dissapeard even before I could blow out the smoke..

Thereafter I usually found myself without breath without heartbeat.. met beings that said: you shouldnt be here yet in the most amazing beautiful dimension possible... eventually I woke up in my body again and ran out in the garden crying kissing the earth happy to be alive..

Maybe this is what you shouldnt do... or maybe it isCool
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

PedroSanchez
#7 Posted : 7/8/2020 1:01:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
When I used to smoke a lot of Changa the first 30min started of very responsible with measured dosages on a scale.. usually that later pivoted into some irritation because it never got me where I wanted, instead I nearly almost found myself half here and half there with a racing mind and weird body sensations.. Tensed and nervous..

This is where I usually connected with the inner viking and said to myself: fuck it! Took the jar of changa and just poured it into the pipe... SMoked as much as I possible could of the white dense smoke.. usually me and the room dissapeard even before I could blow out the smoke..

Thereafter I usually found myself without breath without heartbeat.. met beings that said: you shouldnt be here yet in the most amazing beautiful dimension possible... eventually I woke up in my body again and ran out in the garden crying kissing the earth happy to be alive..

Maybe this is what you shouldnt do... or maybe it isCool

why didnt you just measure out a bigger dose after you discovered the first was not enough, then again if it was still not enough etc. it might have taken longer to get there but the next time you would have known how much to use the first time and every time thereafter. you also avoid wastage through inadequate dosing in the future.

Egzoset
#8 Posted : 7/8/2020 7:27:03 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

Im'there' wrote:
Are scales essential for measuring doses...

As a cannabis vaporist i'd rcommand to take a closer look at Trichome glands, a special gift of dame Nature which generally ends up being "vilified" by the consumption method & ritual, itself spontaneously inviting more abuse IMO. The cigarette/"joint" format, for example, can easily imply that a ~300 mg fatty will induce a need to "finish" it rather than save what's left - although it's not impossible to extinguish its fire midway (but who does that routinely anyway?)... In comparison my vaporist pipe delivers each puff independently of each other because it cools off nearly as fast as it heated, translating into 20 ~ 30 mg doses that correspond to a given amount of temporarily-stored energy. With 1 bowl set at 125 mg or so that's already doubling the rate of self-awareness opportunities, meaning there's potentially less abuse on the long run since it's OKay to forget the pipe and skip the rest, while in comparison i remember days when a supposedly-relaxing habit came with some obcession of a perfect toke trying to keep the fire alive between 2 inhalations - and of course the more i tried the worse it went, leading into "tolerance" issue until it's necessary to "T-Break".

The trichome gland is such natural packaging i can't conciously waste it anymore, it's already normalized if we consider that each gland is a nano-dose rendering rational consumption methods even more desirable as far as i can tell. Using cannabis there's no automatic reward proportional to dosing, on the contrary: the average consumer just fires a fatty then aims for a solid wall, like a legacy airplane disintegrating at Mach1... There's little "breakthrough" being incapacitated by a couch-lock until the next intake, so without a dosing tool the user quickly gets locked into a self-defeating pattern of diminishing returns, so to speak. Which is vilification too i'm afraid.

The big doses are still an option to me but now i get multiple occasions to leave the pipe where it stands, never looking for more paraphernalia like a weight scale to begin with, which brings the matter of yet another vilification vector: economics, etc.

As a smoker i did experience a sense of being caught in some unresolvable obcession, the customized pipe taking advantage of a more suitable match between workload vs energy gave me back a sense of freedom that renders my old habits practically trivial. M'well, i do miss my psychosomatic reaction to the strong smell of "reclaims" (or even just hashish) but that's not to par with the degree of liberty i gained, thanks to dosing that ain't even concious after a while...

It's all possible because a marvel of natural evolution caused the cannabis plant to "packetize" its production of noble substances, offering an unbeatable cost/performance ratio if we take into account the simple fact that these goodies get collected at the site of genesis on a molecular basis, which translates into "filtration" without vilification precisely because it's "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation", free of 3rd-party interference. Etc., etc.

Biefly put one may never see past Mach1 if his consumption method promotes early crashes instead!

Good day, have fun!! Cool

OneIsEros
#9 Posted : 7/8/2020 7:36:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im'there' wrote:
Are scales essential for measuring doses , especially big doses, if the intention is to take a big breakthrough dose then why does it have to be measured out accurately dose by dose.

Cheers man

Oh fella.... I had a room mate who weighed out a dose, threw it in the bong.... not knowing there was already a full dose in there.

I was up late, reading.... he ran down the hall, smashed into my door, then fumbled at the doorknob and came in in his boxers, saying (let’s call him “Jimmy”, not his real name) “Jimmy, you’re alright, Jimmy, you’re alright” (my mental response was, “I’m not sure if Jimmy’s alright.”)

I said to him, “Did you smoke DMT?”

“Yes”

“You can see me?”

“Yes”

“Okay, that means you’re coming down”

“There’s a comedown?”

“Yes”

“Hold me”

I held him. He had broken through, and broken through the breakthrough, and gone to the place where there are no visions, only darknesss that is simultaneously light without any local source of the light, pure unity. It was the single most terrifying experience of his life. He recovered eventually. DMT only goes further the more you take. Nobody whom I have witnessed or heard of taking doses beyond the standard breakthrough doses has brought back anything but fear. That is why measuring the dose is important. Even normal doses of DMT can terrify people. It is the strongest psychedelic drug in existence next to 5-MeO-DMT.

I know somebody else who after a very intense ayahuasca experience had regular panic attacks for two solid years afterward from the terror they experienced the night of their trip. Do not take these things lightly.

null24
#10 Posted : 7/8/2020 8:32:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Oh boy. That state you describe is something i have given the name Shining Dark to. It is the state that 5meo propelled me directly into, don't pass bardos, just there. It left me with an utter sense of peace and and urgent need to live.

There aren't too many descriptions of that in n,n reports, and i wonder if the PTSD associated with it from n,n is from the utterly overwhelming sensory effects which seem largely absent from the 5meo experience, at least from mine.

N,n scares the crap out of me because I've had traumatic breakthroughs.

I also want to add that if you're passing a pipe or bong and loading it each time, at some point weighing a dose will become irrelevant as there will be an unknown amount of oxidized resin in there waiting for someone to hit it just a little bit harder.

And hey Egzoset, what is this side your speaking of? Like actually subjecting your drugs to abuse by lighting them on fire?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Im'there'
#11 Posted : 7/13/2020 10:45:54 PM

Kenno

Wow, nice one for sharing that manSmile
OneIsEros wrote:
Im'there' wrote:

Cheers man

Oh fella.... I had a room mate who weighed out a dose, threw it in the bong.... not knowing there was already a full dose in there.

I was up late, reading.... he ran down the hall, smashed into my door, then fumbled at the doorknob and came in in his boxers, saying (let’s call him “Jimmy”, not his real name) “Jimmy, you’re alright, Jimmy, you’re alright” (my mental response was, “I’m not sure if Jimmy’s alright.”)

I said to him, “Did you smoke DMT?”

“Yes”

“You can see me?”

“Yes”

“Okay, that means you’re coming down”

“There’s a comedown?”

“Yes”

“Hold me”

I held him. He had broken through, and broken through the breakthrough, and gone to the place where there are no visions, only darknesss that is simultaneously light without any local source of the light, pure unity. It was the single most terrifying experience of his life. He recovered eventually. DMT only goes further the more you take. Nobody whom I have witnessed or heard of taking doses beyond the standard breakthrough doses has brought back anything but fear. That is why measuring the dose is important. Even normal doses of DMT can terrify people. It is the strongest psychedelic drug in existence next to 5-MeO-DMT.

I know somebody else who after a very intense ayahuasca experience had regular panic attacks for two solid years afterward from the terror they experienced the night of their trip. Do not take these things lightly.