We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can we clarify and compile the information on smoking DMT-acetate? Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 7/6/2020 3:04:15 AM

SWIM

As I was updating my tech, I was browsing some threads for additional information and came across a spattering of posts about smoking acetates with lots of information, many of which I know to be untrue. That being said, I am not an expert and it seems that most of the opposition to smoking acetates is due to complex chemistry and health concerns that are beyond my knowledge level and research capabilities.

So I suppose I could list some of the questions that would be useful to answered and answer the one I already know based on experience.

1: Can you smoke DMT acetate by evaporating vinegar containing DMT?
Yes, it works very well and I have been doing it for years.
Proof: https://streamable.com/0h3q2p

2: Is the smoke from DMT-acetates vinegar-tasting or noticeably harsh?
No and No. I don't smoke cigarettes or weed so my lungs are very delicate, but I never cough when smoking DMT-acetate out of a bong.

3: Are the effects of a given dose of DMT-acetate comparable to that of freebase DMT?
Given an acetate molecule is ~60g/mol and DMT is ~180g/mol, we would expect it to be about 75% as potent. That seems to be accurate in my experience.
(I hope my chemistry reasoning is correct on this one, it might be totally wrong though)

4: Does the vaporization of DMT-acetate result in harmful bi-products being smoked?
---- I don't know ----

5: Does DMT-acetate smoking have any long-term health concerns?
---- I don't know ----

6: Does vinegar on copper result in copper acetate being produced and vaporizing when heated? Are there other better recommended metals/materials for smoking off?
---- I don't know ----

7: Is the sodium metabisulfite in most vinegar a health concern to smoking acetates?
---- I don't know ----

8: Can evaporating vinegar-salted DMT completely then re-dissolving in water reduce or eliminate any health concerns?
---- I don't know ----

Feel free to add any other additional information or questions you feel suitable in the replies.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

monomind
#2 Posted : 7/7/2020 11:12:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

There are few threads explaining that heating the acetate to around 100C will convert it to freebase
So following your video, aren't you effectively smoking freebase at that point ?
My auntie put her jimjam acetate in a boiling water bath util the vinegar smell disappeared completely and fresh dmt smell filled her kitchen.
Wouldn't you say that at that point she achieved jimjam freebase ?

q21q21
#3 Posted : 7/7/2020 3:22:17 PM

SWIM

monomind wrote:
Quote:

There are few threads explaining that heating the acetate to around 100C will convert it to freebase
So following your video, aren't you effectively smoking freebase at that point ?
My auntie put her jimjam acetate in a boiling water bath util the vinegar smell disappeared completely and fresh dmt smell filled her kitchen.
Wouldn't you say that at that point she achieved jimjam freebase ?

I personally don't know the answer for sure. It is beyond my area of expertise. What I can add is that you can also evaporate DMT + vinegar at room temperature to get a smokable goo that behaves exactly as the goo in the video does in every way.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 7/7/2020 4:51:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
4: Does the vaporization of DMT-acetate result in harmful bi-products being smoked?
---- I don't know ----

5: Does DMT-acetate smoking have any long-term health concerns?
---- I don't know ----

6: Does vinegar on copper result in copper acetate being produced and vaporizing when heated? Are there other better recommended metals/materials for smoking off?
---- I don't know ----

7: Is the sodium metabisulfite in most vinegar a health concern to smoking acetates?
---- I don't know ----

Here are my present thoughts on these four questions:

4. If the DMT acetate is heated only to vaporization point with no additional materials (e.g., consider question 6) there is unlikely to be any reaction between the DMT and the acetic acid; a clear and precise measurement of the vaporization temperature would be necessary to make a valid comparison with freebase DMT and the relative likelihood of thermal decomposition.

5. While this is only a guess, it might be fair to suggest that inhaling the vaporized the acetate would at least be less caustic to the lungs than inhaling a freebase amine. However, at least one user reported abandoning DMT thermally freebased from the acetate after noticing breathing issues. Still, that is not directly comparable to vaporizing the acetate itself. There is simply too little information available, really.

6. It would be unwise to develop a regular habit of vaporizing DMT acetate off a copper substrate, IMO - largely for this reason. Perhaps SiC would be better.

7. I would definitely recommend using sulfite-free vinegar for producing anything intended for inhalation. There will always be a way to achieve this.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#5 Posted : 7/8/2020 12:30:38 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Regarding #4, Mindlusion posted some good info here a couple years ago (not sure if discussed in this thread yet).

My personal experience: I delved with DMT acetate a little bit and don't like it. Freebase is much better in my experience. However, I use no flame electronic devices (crafty for long gentle buildup harmala sessions and e-mesh for single strong hits).

To each their own though.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

q21q21
#6 Posted : 7/13/2020 8:55:42 AM

SWIM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:

6. It would be unwise to develop a regular habit of vaporizing DMT acetate off a copper substrate, IMO - largely for this reason. Perhaps SiC would be better.

I just got some silicon carbide in from online and I was shocked when it worked as good or better than a copper or stainless steel scrubber. Thanks for the tip!