We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What should I add/edit in my Tek (Q21Q21) Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 6/29/2020 11:35:43 PM

SWIM

Hey guys,
Its summer and Covid19 is happening so I have a month off an I'm unfortunately staying home for most of it. Because of that I need some things to keep me busy while my GF is at work.

Anyway, after doing a recent extraction I have re-discovered my passion for DMT and I thoughts I'd update my tek. There are a few key things I know I want to do, but as it says at the top of the tek, it's a collaboration of idea from fellow Nexians so I thought I'd reach out for suggestions as well.

So, if you have any suggestions for clarification, additional information, adjustments or what-not let me know.

Also if you just have a question about the tek you can ask it here, it might result in a useful edit as well.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

q21q21
#2 Posted : 7/6/2020 2:43:35 AM

SWIM

I just finished my update. I re-wrote about 60% of it with my most up-to-date information and updated all the pictures. Still open to suggestions though.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 7/6/2020 5:47:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This tek was one of the handful I pored over again and again in the months leading up to my first extractions. I loved the use of colored text when discussing the different spectrums of spice. It is one of the first things that got me interested in jungle spice.

I've had great success with standard A/B method myself. I love it. But maybe one of these days, just for the heck of it, I will try out your tek.

Just one thing. You had mentioned that your stash of acetate went bad overseas. What's up with that? Maybe it doesnt store well this way?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

q21q21
#4 Posted : 7/6/2020 11:49:52 AM

SWIM

Tony6Strings wrote:
This tek was one of the handful I pored over again and again in the months leading up to my first extractions. I loved the use of colored text when discussing the different spectrums of spice. It is one of the first things that got me interested in jungle spice.

I've had great success with standard A/B method myself. I love it. But maybe one of these days, just for the heck of it, I will try out your tek.

Just one thing. You had mentioned that your stash of acetate went bad overseas. What's up with that? Maybe it doesnt store well this way?

Yeah, I didn't want to take grams of DMT overseas so I just brought a few doses on innocuous machine balls. I at that point I wasn't even smoking, so it took me a year or so to get to making a bong and trying them out. When I did it was like there was just dried gunk that didn't didn't produce any smoke when heated. The average temperature the country I'm in is about 30C and its pretty humid too, the balls were in a sealed glass container (opened a couple times) in a cabinet.

I just dropped 60mg of vinegar tincture DMT on them and let them evaporate. Normally this produces a powerful and easily smokable product so it was totally surprising. It was doubly surprising because in vinegar tinctures and freebase crystals it last years at least.

Right now I have 20mg test balls both evaporated then scraped up and also dropped then left to dry. I'll smoke them at 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year and update the tek accordingly.

Jin
#5 Posted : 7/6/2020 11:05:56 PM

yes

Hi q21q21

One thing i wanted to be clear on about your tek is that excess vinegar can always be evaporated right ? there is no need to remove it by any other method ? (after the salting step and during freebasing aswell)

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

q21q21
#6 Posted : 7/7/2020 5:42:44 AM

SWIM

@ Jin

Evaporating the vinegar has in my experience been the most reliable method. I am in the minority in preferring this method, but the alternative methods seem to have much larger issue in my opinion.

In my tek I link to the BLAB that recommends salting out DMT-fumarate or DMT-acetate and then converting to freebase with sodium carbonate and using acetone or isopropyl alcohol these processes not only require lots of extra materials, but can lead to HUGE losses of DMT.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11531
This post, which admirable as it is and well written, shows an experienced extractor losing 58% of his DMT in the process! (DMT-acetate is 1.33% the mass of DMT freebase). Any sort of re-crystallization or conversion I've tried has resulted in similar losses as well.

Since evaporation is not a chemical process like freebase conversion, it carries almost no risk of DMT loss (in my experience). The only caveat is the need to smoke DMT-acetate instead of DMT freebase.

I have started a pose to try to compile information about smoking acetates and put everything I know about it here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1066032#post1066032 but I think it asks a lot of questions many people do not know, hence the lack of replies.

Jin
#7 Posted : 7/8/2020 11:26:47 AM

yes

Thanks q21q21
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

jah Meej
#8 Posted : 10/7/2021 4:38:54 PM

•"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Dab rigs work great for smoking DMT... I did mine off flower before, and I saw your method (it's basically how crack is smoked, so I'm sure it works), and I haven't tried a quartz banger in a bong/rig before but after this project I'll be doing over the next week I'll try it. I never got a fulll break through, so I was advised to try this method.

My biggest problem is getting the Naphtha back out of the bark (I'm use Tek 2, and might do a xylene pull later to get the jungle DMT left behind, if I understand it right), I'm not worried about solvent loss, also I think I stress about getting the bark too hot.
I typically would use a hot plate on low by a window with a large fan blowing straight at it, or boil water in a bowl, take off heat then add my bowl with bark.

Then I just keep replacing with fresh boiling water when it cools down, until the bark is warm enough... Kind of like a sous vide method.

Thanks so much, your tek made this SO simple for me, and I love chemistry so it was really so much fun and am finally looking forward to doing it again.

American jurors have complete Constitutional authority to vote "not guilty" based on nothing more than a disagreement with the case, no matter the evidence - despite the judge's instructions. There is absolutely no obligation to vote "guilty" to arrive at a unanimous verdict. Get on a jury, stand your ground, and fulfill its other main purpose: to counteract abusive government and unjust lawsuits.
See www.fija.org

Levanah
#9 Posted : 1/14/2022 5:21:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi q21q21!

I've done your technique a number of times with great sucess. Thanks Smile

I've dealed with different consistencies yet:

1) Dry and Crumbly
2) Thick Porridge
3) and something between the two

You write in your tek "Losing 50-100ml of solvent during a pull with a large batch of MHRB is quite common for me. ".

I feel this might be incorrect and should be edited. In my experience there is much moar solvent loss.

I usually extract 250g with 750ml d-limonene.

I'm just in the middle of an extraction (followed every instruction as recommended such as 75% lime per gram of MHRB) and retrieved 400ml d-limonene from 750ml d-limonene (first pull). So there is a solvent loss of 350ml. I think thats moar realistic?

I've done about 5 extractions in last few years. This time my d-limonene turned completely red. Please see the picture, it's alreay salted out with vinegar.

Left side: "normal" d-limonene (has already been used in approx. 4 extractions)
Right side: d-limonene after current extraction (already salted out with vinegar)

Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Damn it smells like citrus everywhere Thumbs up

Levanah attached the following image(s):
limonene.jpg (937kb) downloaded 74 time(s).