We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recurring entity experience Maine woods Options

Felnik
#1 Posted : 7/5/2020 6:26:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's a place I go in Northern Maine , its remote and way out in a wilderness area on a large lake. There is a shared DMT experience with a friend.
An entity encounter with some kind of creature that's very old. It reminds me of a big old catfish or large dark animal that seems to inhabit a shadow place.
Its as if its awakened from its hiding place and slowly comes out to investigate the humans. It seems curious but also indifferent, it seems to do a slow fly over in my mind like a large whale floating over and scoping the situation out. There's no communication just this old large curious entity. It has the quality of a gnarly tree root.
Now this is an experience unique to this place, also a shared one with another person who describes the same type of creature. I have never had this type of specific encounter anywhere else only at this place.
I'm curious if anyone else has experienced something like this.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

strtman
#2 Posted : 7/5/2020 2:59:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand that you and that other person both had this same entity encounter.

However, it is not clear to me if you have experienced this entity encounter only once or more. If only once I would not cling it to the remote place as a unique detail. If on the other hand the entity showed up more times only in this spot, than it sure is odd.

I have not experienced something like this myself but I only trip at home.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Felnik
#3 Posted : 7/5/2020 4:40:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, this particular experience/entity encounter has happened many times . It seems to be exclusive to this geographic area.
I'm open to all possibilities but
the unique part is that my friend and I have both experienced this specific thing. The general simplified version of this is almost like a large animal like a huge fish swimming over to investigate a disturbance. Its ominous but not threatening, no communication from it . My friend and I are pretty straight forward mostly rational not usually prone to metaphysical crazy-town explanations. There is no obvious rational explanation other than the possibility of a psychological state brought on by the uniqueness of the place and the DMT triggering some kind of deep archetypal vision, that's one angle.
Another angle is farther out and more sci fi relating to plant spirit connections or dimensional inhabited planes of reality. I still always seem to come back to : Its the plants stupid !Smile for whatever that is worth. I suspect the possibility of a timeless sub-surface layer of reality exclusive to plants. A collective unconscious of the natural world inhabited by plant thoughts manifesting in archetypal visions for humans. Now there's some crazy-town for you.
Again to recap its a shared vision. Personally I've only seen this at this particular place. Its happened multiple times. The good news is that we are headed up there again this summer I expect to do more research.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

Jozeh
#4 Posted : 7/5/2020 5:18:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To reliably induce the same entity visit by location would be intriguing. It may just be that the remote expansiveness of the lake triggers something ancient in you, something lurking beneath the waters, so when you trip you go to a similar place.

However, reading your description, I was reminded of this painting by Pablo Amaringo:

but more so of the artists' description of the entity in the middle of the painting:
Quote:
Pictured here also, in the centre of the lake, is a huge rayamama[Fotamotrygon hystrix], also known locally as a pam bamuri. This [mythological]hairy ray is very much feared because of its size -30 to 40 meters in circumference.It is able to sink boats in the river and is sent by witches to erode riverbanks,destroying the property of their victims. It acts as a lid for subterranean tunnels which connect cities at the bottom of lakes and rivers.Towards the tail of thepambamuri is a nymph called Kimat, a queen of the underwater world. It is saidthat when she emerges, tremendous tempests are produced. She is called upon bycuranderos as a defence against evil sorcerers.Around the pambamuri there are fourpuka-bufeos [pink dolphins], blowing their sorcery upwards.
https://headoverheels.or...ons_-_pablo_amaringo.pdf

There are also writings of traditional people, worldwide, going into a trance/meditaiton and using physical holes to enter the underworld, is the location of the entrance key or is it a tool for the mind to reliably induce visions of the underworld. Intriguing none the less.

This may be an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about yourself. Ask yourself what about the location is drawing you to the vision, what is beneath the surface?

Or maybe you've found an ancient entrance to the underworld. Proceed with caution.

mooai
#5 Posted : 7/5/2020 5:36:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik, what an awesome vision! It sounds right out of Spirited Away or some Hayao Miyzaki film.

Felnik wrote:
A collective unconscious of the natural world inhabited by plant thoughts manifesting in archetypal visions for humans. Now there's some crazy-town for you.

I often have similar thoughts. It's quite a hard thing to reason about, it's the universally accepted truth for traditional/indigenous societies of psychedelic plant users and there is much talk about it, but not much talk of it while still relating it to our western view of reality/modern science. I'm reading "DMT Dialogues" and it touches on a bit of plant/nature sentience in a scientific way and it's quite interesting. One thing they mentioned in the book is how tomato plants, when threatened by insects eating their crop, will summon the exact predator of that insect to sweep them up https://www.sciencedaily...1999/06/990622055654.htm , a kind of win-win pact between the predator and the plant if you will. Another example of plants being smarter than we give them credit for are plants talking to each other through an internet of fungus... I'm sure there are more examples of strange almost sentient adaptations and maybe I'll try to put together a list... Point is maybe plants are smarter than we give them credit for. Maybe it isn't so far fetched to think there is some 'communication' pathway between plants and animals/humans. Definitely some communication barriers I feel like though, it's not that simple Big grin

Are you well versed on the harmalas? I was always blown away by that plant consciousness world DMT thrusts you in, but once I started heavily using harmalas, it's almost even stranger in a way to feel there is this communication window open, but feel mostly sober. I take harmalas on their own a lot.

Felnik
#6 Posted : 7/5/2020 5:59:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That painting and book is absolutely fascinating thank you for that, there's so much to read in that amazing resource. One thing that jumped out from the description of this Pam Bamuri ray creature is :

This [mythological] hairy ray is very much feared because of its size

2 things about this are pretty accurate the size of it and the hairy-ness.
I specifically remember describing to my friend after experiencing this thing that it was like looking at rat pubic hair up close as this thing flew over me in my vision. It was in fact covered in weird hair,
The parallels are really wild.

and yes Ii have experience with harmala. I think a good dose of that before the spice would be the ticket to checking this thing out in more detail.
Arthur C. Clarke

null24
#7 Posted : 7/5/2020 6:10:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

i spent a lot of time in my youth in the Southern Appalachians. Those mountains have some old, unimaginably so, spirits or whatever you want to call it. Long before I ever heard of psychedelics, nature centered mind or shamanism, I had conversations in those woods. Or more, I just listened.
The volcanic west seems like a playful child by compare.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

trncefigurate_aomn
#8 Posted : 7/5/2020 11:16:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i am not sure if your special companion is related to these; but may enjoy if you see them!!
trncefigurate_aomn attached the following image(s):
passionate@!.jpg (541kb) downloaded 96 time(s).
gaviaua.jpg (901kb) downloaded 96 time(s).

Felnik
#9 Posted : 7/6/2020 5:04:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are great shots of loons. Loons are really incredible animals, the sounds they make are otherworldly.
Arthur C. Clarke

trncefigurate_aomn
#10 Posted : 7/6/2020 3:58:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I very much wonder if any person or people have decided to combine DMT with recordings of loons calling!! (or slightly more complicated, to find a safe location to interact with DMT where loons would be calling.) With recordings, you would be sure that their music would continue throughout the different phases of the experience!

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 7/6/2020 10:47:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you enter the woods, you are always being watched by countless animals, big and small.

Most of them are afraid of humans and will hide themselves. You don't see them, but they definately see, hear, smell or sense you.

Maybe it was an animal observing you.

mooai
#12 Posted : 7/7/2020 5:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
When you enter the woods, you are always being watched by countless animals, big and small.

Most of them are afraid of humans and will hide themselves. You don't see them, but they definately see, hear, smell or sense you.

Maybe it was an animal observing you.

one time I was meditating on a few gs of rue with my door open enjoying the fresh air. eyes closed, enjoying some mental images. when suddenly, an image of a violent murderous spirit comes into my minds eye, i was quite frightened, it looked like a killing machine inspecting me, a rough rugged monster built to kill. i opened my eyes and was surprised to see the neighbors cat staring at me through the open door in the direction where i saw the spirit, he was wondering what i was up to