We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Efficient ways to wash? Options

Dazar
#1 Posted : 6/29/2020 8:28:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow Nexians Smile

Sorry if it's a duplicate, but I haven't found anything regarding my question most specifically..

I extract sometimes a gram or so with cyb's salt tek and I have satisfying results Smile My finished product is nearly pure white and does not taste harsh from oil burner neither from e-mesh. I'd like to experiment with pharmahuasca; to take dmt with maoi orally.

Also I was thinking to try it snorted, but what I've read so far about snorting DMT salt didn't really encourage me to say at the least..

I tasted a tinybit of dmt and its faintly resembles caustic soda.. I'm not quite sure it's safe enough to put this in a capsule and swallow after maoi?

Is it enough to just wash 1-2 times with heptane to get rid off the alkaline? Or acetone would be better? Which method is the best and which is the most efficient ?

Or is there any other way to wash alkaline off completely?

English is my second, so I'm sorry about any mistake Smile

Thank you for your help in advance !

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 6/30/2020 12:28:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

DMT always burns like Ginger on your tongue Thumbs down so this is nothing to worry. And also if you separated the water phase from the organic phase while extracting, there wont be any alkaline left in your DMT. Washing them with anything will not be necessary therefore. But keep in mind even if you would want to wash it, then Acetone will instantly also dissolve all your DMT and heptane will do it also, but to a lesser extent. Or did you mean wash the DMT Fumarate? Because you talk about DMT salt. Regarding oral administration: It totally does not matter if you use DMT or DMT salt. Therefore I would just pack your DMT into a capsule and swallow it after the MAOI. No need to wash them also.

Some people just eat everything at once, like at ayahuasca, where also everything is administered in 1 brew.
Technically, it coooouuld make sense to eat the Harmalas / MAOI beforehand and then wait ~ 20-40 minutes to eat the DMT, so the body will already be on Harmala effect, before he can break down any DMT.
Both methods work regardless of theory, so just do whatever you feel is best.
Upon eating the DMT it will take ~ 40-60 minutes for the effects to kick in I would say.

Hailstorm
#3 Posted : 6/30/2020 12:39:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

(updated with more details)

OP, if you want to experiment, dissolve (some of) your DMT in the minimum amount of heptane (discard any orange oils / impurities that will not dissolve easily), shake that heptane with an even smaller amount of distilled water (10-20%), pipette the bottom water layer out and discard it (it's OK to discard some heptane with it - the important part is to leave no water in), pour the remaining heptane into a dish and let it slowly evaporate, then dry and scrape the DMT crystals off.

Optionally, if you keep your heptane and water hot, you will need less of both.

Expect to lose a half (since you are not basifying the water). You may recover the loss from the water (basifying, pulling, etc) but if you used a small amount of DMT, it should not matter.

Check its taste, odor and vapor (side-by-side with non-treated DMT, please - a proper A/B test), and please let us know if you see any differences. This is both washing + recrystallization, and if they don't help I am afraid nothing else will.

Dazar
#4 Posted : 6/30/2020 2:26:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hailstorm wrote:
OP, if you want to experiment, dissolve (some of) your DMT in heptane, shake that heptane with a small amount of distilled water, discard the water, evaporate the heptane, dry and scrape the DMT. Expect to lose a half (since you are not basifying the water).

Check its taste, odor and vapor (side-by-side with non-treated DMT, please - a proper A/B test), and please let us know if see any differences.

Thank you Smile I was looking forward an advice like this Smile Stop I have some heptane I will give it a go in the next couple of days and I'll let you know how it went.

Dazar
#5 Posted : 6/30/2020 2:44:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
DMT always burns like Ginger on your tongue Thumbs down so this is nothing to worry. And also if you separated the water phase from the organic phase while extracting, there wont be any alkaline left in your DMT. Washing them with anything will not be necessary therefore. But keep in mind even if you would want to wash it, then Acetone will instantly also dissolve all your DMT and heptane will do it also, but to a lesser extent. Or did you mean wash the DMT Fumarate? Because you talk about DMT salt. Regarding oral administration: It totally does not matter if you use DMT or DMT salt. Therefore I would just pack your DMT into a capsule and swallow it after the MAOI. No need to wash them also.

Some people just eat everything at once, like at ayahuasca, where also everything is administered in 1 brew.
Technically, it coooouuld make sense to eat the Harmalas / MAOI beforehand and then wait ~ 20-40 minutes to eat the DMT, so the body will already be on Harmala effect, before he can break down any DMT.
Both methods work regardless of theory, so just do whatever you feel is best.
Upon eating the DMT it will take ~ 40-60 minutes for the effects to kick in I would say.

makes sense! however not too much new in what you're saying Sad
i washed my product earlier in heptane (purely, not with distilled water like advised below), but i lost a lot and it still had that very faint alkaline taste, so i decided it does not worth the effort.. and on top i lose much.. i never tried IPA or acetone. so since i do want to experience a longer trip and as safe as possible from alkaline i decided to come to you guys for some answers Smile (maybe i should have a go with gordo's tek? as it does't use alkaline?...)

as i wrote my dmt is nearly pure white - i did a few extracts, i just dont post on the forums since i can find answers for 99% of my questions. so i got some bright yellow residue here and there.. (i can post a pic if you want to see it Smile ). other than that its snow white. whiter than in the original guide to be frank. I'm very precise and i never pull any from the aqueous / water layer in my pipette Pleased but as i wrote it faintly resembles caustic soda, the odour is 100% flower.. freshly picked flowers from the meadow at dawn, really. and it has nearly zero taste when vaping, unlike my first couple of extracts which were more yellow / light orange and tasted like burning rubber because of the leftover plant fats/ dmt oxid..nmt..etc...

regarding the oral administration : i have a weak stomach, i don't want to swallow ANY alkaline since my stomach walls are allready in bad shape. this is the only reason i want to wash away ALL the alkaline possible. i'm not a young lad haha.. Pleased

as far as i know maoi does need some time to get absorbed properly and be effective so i decided not to put in a glass of liquid together with the dmt.

Thank you for your comment!

Hailstorm
#6 Posted : 6/30/2020 4:56:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

If you are taking DMT orally - no matter how clean your DMT is, dissolve it in grapefruit juice and drink it in the citrate form (if you don't like grapefruit - try Coke and the phosphate form). The acid will neutralize the DMT and any alkaline impurities that you may have in it. You will not lose anything that way, and the salt will be much easier on your stomach. You can dissolve harmalas (the MAOI is needed for the oral route to work) in the same drink.

Hydrochloric acid in your stomach will convert DMT into DMT chloride anyway, but the freebase can burn you on its way down.

Dazar
#7 Posted : 6/30/2020 3:47:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hailstorm wrote:
If you are taking DMT orally - no matter how clean your DMT is, dissolve it in grapefruit juice and drink it in the citrate form (if you don't like grapefruit - try Coke and the phosphate form). The acid will neutralize the DMT and any alkaline impurities that you may have in it. You will not lose anything that way, and the salt will be much easier on your stomach. You can dissolve harmalas (the MAOI is needed for the oral route to work) in the same drink.

The hydrochloric acid in your stomach will convert DMT into DMT chloride anyway, but the freebase can burn you on its way down.

you are very resourceful Smile much appreciated! thank you Smile i don't mind grapefruit at all, so this might be a good way. Thumbs up

although i may still do the test which you recommended with water / heptane just to see is there any difference at all between the 2 freebase. most probably not too much, if any at all...

soooo as far as it looks i'll convert my freebase to salt (fumarate) and that will be capsuled or dissolved in grapefruit. i might try the freebase as is, in grapefruit.. a i haven't made a decision on this very last part as of yet.. caps or juice... maybe i try both Smile

probably i should go ahead and convert all my 1.5-2g freebase to fumarate anyway to purify even further and make it more chemically stable, so i it won't be neccesary to keep it in a fridge...

i might go ahead and make some rapé. what's your recommendation on this matter? salt or freebase is better? or neither? as i heard both methods are painful intranasal.. as i've read freebase is worse, salt is not that of a biggie..but still lots of pain.. is it worth at all to play around with this type of administration?

Dazar
#8 Posted : 6/30/2020 5:01:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

don't vorry about the rapé / sniffing part in my last post, i' ve found some useful info on that. fumarate is the way to snort. i think i keep a small amount of freebase just in case i want to smoke it.. Smile Thumbs up

Hailstorm
#9 Posted : 7/1/2020 4:05:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Dazar wrote:
it looks i'll convert my freebase to salt (fumarate) and that will be capsuled or dissolved in grapefruit

You can take fumarate however you want (just don't smoke it) as it is already a salt. Do not plan to store dmt dissolved in any liquid long-term as its contact surface area is large that way and can decompose more quickly than dry fumarate salts.

Quote:
is it worth at all to play around with this type of administration?

I do not know what your sensitivity is. Only you can decide.

Dazar
#10 Posted : 7/2/2020 8:40:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hailstorm wrote:
Dazar wrote:
it looks i'll convert my freebase to salt (fumarate) and that will be capsuled or dissolved in grapefruit

You can take fumarate however you want (just don't smoke it) as it is already a salt. Do not plan to store dmt dissolved in any liquid long-term as its contact surface area is large that way and can decompose more quickly than dry fumarate salts.

Quote:
is it worth at all to play around with this type of administration?

I do not know what your sensitivity is. Only you can decide.

thank you for your advices, much appreciated Smile

I've done the heptane cleaning 150mg freebase in a shotglass with some water. got 50 mg out, checked under microscope and i checked the taste on my tongue, after tasting my normal freebase. not any significant difference.. lost some shine as i see, more than likely some plant fats.. so yea, kinda as expected.

by the way don't get me wrong on the sensitivity, i'm not a panzie.. i had my time snorting coke, speed and even mdma when i was a young lad.. but when i do dmt or mushrooms, lsd..etc... i really don't want to get any sort of disturbance especially not pain on any level. maybe a little scratch like on speed that can be okay, but like a more harsh batch of mdma.. well i think that could take off the edge of the experience by getting me distracted.. most likely i will have a go on snorting after trying pharmahuasca Thumbs up

thank you again my friend, have a blessed day ! Smile