We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
I Don’t trip around animals Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 6/30/2020 2:04:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tip: don’t trip around animals. Animals can be great when you’re tripping. But... let me tell you my story.

I have inner demons. I take ayahuasca every week, meditate, face, and resolve them. There’s a lot there, but I am extremely confident and have zero fear, no matter how dark it gets, ever. Bad trips really just don’t happen to me, because of how experienced I am both tripping, and meditating, and meditating while tripping. Plus, ayahuasca is just so dang perfect.

Until.... I went downstairs, and was doing it with my dog in the room. Some dark energy flared up, and he woke up out of a dead sleep and jumped *backwards* across the room, whimpering in fear. I was caught off guard, and suddenly all this super-amplified energy got out of control. The room was filling with dark energy, the dog was more and more terrified.... I had to focus to make everything calm and psychically “quiet”. Eventually stuff calmed down enough that the dog was chilling out, but I was traumatized as fuck, what I experienced (and I’m not going to go into details) had vibes like something out of The Shining. Incredibly intense. I was very scared.

I couldn’t go back into processing what just happened, any time I even touched on the energy mentally, the dog got scared again. I was a mess. Eventually I went upstairs when I felt confident my four-legged friend was calm again, and THEN I was able to process what had happened, and my energy returned to a wholesome peaceful state again, though I was still a bit rattled until noon the next day. What I had experienced was like being in an Operating Room performing surgery as a skilled surgeon, and then having a dog freak the fuck out at the sight of blood and start knocking shit in the OR over and causing a bloody chaos. You have no idea how crazy this experience was. But I didn’t do anything wrong. If I’d been alone, it would have been a short order healing experience, but it just got so fucked, so fast.... my God.

Y’all may not have the kind of inner demons I carry, but be warned: if you have something dark inside you come up on a psychedelic experience, your pet *might* comfort you or calm you down.... he was trying to calm me down by jumping up and licking me at the time (I think he was scared for me, definitely not of me) —— but for me, that was the worst possible thing that could have happened. I am a fearless tripster. Fearless. But I have definitely learned: no animals. Maybe what my dog did would have comforted some of y’all, but for me, it took a delicate operation that I was completely comfortable with and threw it into utter chaos.

Take it for whatever it’s worth.

P.S. the dog was fine. He was happy and jumping around the next day and I took him on a long walk on a path in the woods and fed him some treats. He’s a good dog who meant well, and I love him Smile But out of compassion for us both, that will never happen again.

And for those who think this was a body language thing: the walls were fucking shaking. That shaman stuff, is real. But, if that’s not for your belief palate, whatevs. It scared the crap out of the dog, whatever it was.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

mooai
#2 Posted : 6/30/2020 1:53:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting story and well described. Glad you're ok.

OneIsEros wrote:
And for those who think this was a body language thing: the walls were fucking shaking. That shaman stuff, is real. But, if that’s not for your belief palate, whatevs. It scared the crap out of the dog, whatever it was.

This part is very interesting to me. Were you absolutely certain it was no hallucination? Did you verify any physical change afterwards like moved objects etc? Could it perhaps have been an eerily, a bit suspicious even conveniently timed earthquake? Was it localized or did you maybe ask nearby friends/neighbors if they felt an earthquake the other night? (at risk of sounding crazy maybe, lol) I am inclined to believe in the energy stuff, but the view I've gotten from high dose psychedelics is that I think the shaman energy stuff is probably real, but so is the seemingly contradictory western science. Sounds odd but those experiences are all so paradoxical anyway. Like I don't believe much in some measurable spirit energy poking out of the ether and causing a quake, that's too simple, I feel like it's more mysterious probably. Something in the psychic realm causing an odd synchronicity of an earthquake or something to where it basically seems it's the psychic realms causing the walls to shake feels probable to me though.

Any other paranormal poltergeist type experiences like this? Psychic realms affecting the physical world is very interesting. I feel like I can feel the entities poking into my physical sometimes too. Like a blanket or something ruffling and falling on my arm at a very specific time coinciding with the mounting visual story as if someone grabs me, stuff falling, and of course synchronicity with people is very common. Moreso than poltergeist stuff. Seems easier for the spirits to get an unsuspecting human to do their bidding rather than push a physical falling object directly, a believer might say Big grin

OneIsEros
#3 Posted : 6/30/2020 2:57:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope. But the dog was whipping around in circles at all of it and crying.

rOm
#4 Posted : 6/30/2020 3:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hard to tell, but I had something happening only once notably, with my cat long time ago.But maybe my cat just felt I was ovrwhelmed from redosing. I mean dosedinitially and redosed few times without monitoring how much I did ( a beginner's mistake especially with dissociatives mixed or not ) a RC tryptamine - 5 MeO MiPT perhaps, and MXE and the cat wasn't scared of me, she was running around around and could have run to another room, we were both anxious of what we were seeing like the energy going like mental storm, I was calming down and holding to it, as an experienced tripper but was ofcourse also concerned formy cat I didn't want to take with me in this dark hyperspace place ). She was normal as well after and we always had the same relation. So Ijust think either they sortof tune into what you see, orthe energy you generate, or if you're very rational, you'll say your pet is sensitive and just scared foryou seeing you trippingand looking abnormal. They do'nt do this when you are on other type ofsubstances but only in hyperspace when it goes wild IME.
I would avoid doing it again.

Now I'd like to add that apart from that time where I saw my cat - she was also tripping on her own using cat's herbs like valerian and the like. And I did LSD ormushrooms with animals, even 5 MeO DMT with Toad and peyotes and this was marvellous. LIke the Toad guided me, I mean of course, it can be projection, but I had a nice little ceremony like, setting peyotes, 5 of them like 5 corner star around a toad who kept quiet and, I had the feelingor message,or whatever, I could vape some 5 MeO DMT now, which is something I don't indulge at all. I have usually to push myself but this was the best 5 MeO experience I've had to date and it involved a toad. I didn't touched it ( and amphibian don't like to be handled much or if you do for any reason, bst is to use clean rubbers gloves or latex ones or wet hands but careful of leftoveroils or any chemicals left thatwould soak into their sensitive skin ).
My dog was OK with me in all sort of states or worst would look at me if I would be wasted. but tripping she wouldlike cause I usually go out for long walk or ride and take her so sheknows it will be a lots of fun outdoor and good chilled indoor time afterwards.
But pets,canbe very empathic so careful if you freak out or have very dark journeys to not worry your pets and avoid being too invasive. IF its a difficult one I tend to prefer to be alone and ride or sort out that by myself.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

OneIsEros
#5 Posted : 6/30/2020 3:16:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, dog definitely wasn’t scared *of* me. Scared for me and scared in general. And yeah, “storm” is the right word for it. It was like everything was psychically loud. It would have been fine if I was alone, but I couldn’t process anything in the dog’s presence because any time I tried to integrate it he’d freak out. Getting it under control again, it was like it could get quiet, but I was left with a ton of wreckage that I couldn’t begin fixing without scaring him.... as soon as I got upstairs, I put all the pieces back together no problem. I’ll never trip around an animal again. It was traumatic for both of us, when ordinarily it would have been a deeply healing experience where I would have confronted parts of myself I can’t normally access and healed them.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 6/30/2020 4:33:15 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I changed the title so it now shows as being your opinion/experience.

Please don't give the impression that this is a generally accepted fact (which it ain't).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

OneIsEros
#7 Posted : 7/1/2020 3:21:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
I changed the title so it now shows as being your opinion/experience.

Please don't give the impression that this is a generally accepted fact (which it ain't).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Animals are sensitive to vibes. If negative vibes arise, it can disturb animals, and lead to a feedback loop. This does not seem controversial to me. Unlike people, you can’t explain anything to them about what’s up. Seems pretty basic. Bad tripping around your pet, maybe not the best idea.

null24
#8 Posted : 7/1/2020 4:15:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Most of my trips are fairly low key with long-acting substances, but with smoked DMT or 5meo, no there shouldn't be any critters around usually, because it can get weird. I don't have pets, although a cat lives in my house, and I know she would freak out if she saw and heard me releasing some darkness. I have only had a couple experiences like what you described, with the environment seemingly entered into and responding to consciousness, but those are very real for the experiencer and who knows what critters are picking?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

OneIsEros
#9 Posted : 7/1/2020 4:44:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank-you. I will admit, I’m kind of resenting the mod’s input here. Like dude, don’t unleash vibes on pets, yeesh, it was a lesson I hadn’t considered because I hadn’t had this experience before..... but it definitely seems like this is something people in general might want to keep in mind. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad person, but if you say, were sexually assaulted earlier in life, and it came up during a super intense trip and the sense of it terrified your cat or dog or whatever? Does this not seem like common sense? Certainly does to me! I say it’s just a matter of consideration for beings that are innocent and cannot handle human-level traumas beyond their understanding being unleashed on them.

I’m changing the title back.

null24
#10 Posted : 7/1/2020 4:52:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yeah, but trav *kinda* owns this space, and while your experience is objective to you, in the big scale it is opinion. That said, your experience is valid and very worthy of relating to give others an awereness that they may not have. Animals are sensitive, and our little four legged buddies need us to be gentle to them.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

OneIsEros
#11 Posted : 7/1/2020 4:57:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, whatever. Change it again if he wants.

I want to make something clear here: comfort animals, A-OK. Comfort animals with intense psychedelic vibe magnification, maybe a little too much for the critters. And yeah, it was my experience. But god dang was that dog scared. He was trying to comfort me, but he was freaked out himself. That doesn’t seem like it’s just *my* experience, at that point. That’s sort of the point here.

I mention the more shamanic stuff because I was honestly concerned this could have resulted in some sort of psychic injury. That part, I agree, is not a belief everyone will hold, and I note it specifically. But the basic premise that animals can and will pick up on magnified vibes we give off on psychedelics? This does not seem controversial to me. That the animals might get in over their heads with this, also does not seem controversial.

potnoble
#12 Posted : 7/1/2020 9:30:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Most animals just don´t like it when you are tripping hard.
We have two cats and one is leaving me alone while the other is constantly looking if i am alright.
Usually i have to stop what i am doing and take care of him.
His mother usually shows up again when i am on the come down.
I think animals think we have lost our mind while on psycedelics.
I am not tripping all the time but the older cat (Milli) has already learned that i am just high and
i will be back to normal after a few hours. But the youg dude (Mogli) is freaking out everytime.
On DMT i usually go somewhere undisturbed because you loose control on a whole other level.
And dogs are even more focused on you. For them alot of our behaviour while tripping must
be horrible.

Thanks for sharing this and have a gud one

Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

Jin
#13 Posted : 7/1/2020 9:52:44 AM

yes

One of my cats is also named mogli

I had a dog once , he is dead now I used to drop a lot of acid then but he used to be quite chilled and was a calming presence and used to offer me quite a lot of support if my trip got rough

i don't trip around my cats , they are quite a nuisance (constantly seeking attention) even when I am sober so tripping around my cats seems like a bad idea
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

endlessness
#14 Posted : 7/1/2020 11:36:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always had great experiences around my cats and my dog when she was alive... To each their own.... I suppose depends on the animal's personality and your own..

Metta-Morpheus
#15 Posted : 7/1/2020 12:40:21 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

My cat and I had some interesting connections while tripping. We bonded on an ethereal level, and I realized he was my soul brother manifested through a cat. We had a conversation telepathically. I even would ask him to do stuff like blink or scratch his head and “coincidentally” he obliged. I love tripping with my cat. Dogs are more emotional and instinctual I feel, compared to independent acting cats, so *maybe* dogs would pick up on that energy more emotionally and be more upset. Who knows tho. Maybe Dr Doolittle.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

OneIsEros
#16 Posted : 7/1/2020 12:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I suppose depends on the animal's personality and your own..

I want to emphasize, I’ve been tripping for 13 years, and with a pretty high frequency. I’ve never had this happen before. Oftentimes I deliberately have hung out with cats and dogs, and actually used these energy amplifications to play with them, this was the first time a negative experience occurred. But it seems from this thread that other people have run into this problem too. I was doing very deep soul work at the time, and something leaped out, and my dog was fine all night until that happened, and all other cats and dogs I had in the past were never anything more than confused in the years I have tripped (which was just sort of comical).

This was not like that. I’m just saying: after 13 years of it being fine, a live wire got touched. This is why even good electricians wear gloves (my brother’s an electrician who flouts safety rules all the time, which is why this metaphor comes to
mind). The vibes are amplified. Beware of what that can do, should things go awry. If you are so pure and free of traumatic energy, you are very lucky, because even the Buddha saw an army of demons in the course of his meditation under the Bodhi tree, just as Christ met Satan in the desert.

By the way, people seem to be mentioning that smoked DMT has brought this sort of distress on for animals more in their experiences than normal tripping. I wasn’t smoking DMT, but I was on 15 grams of acacia/3 grams of rue, and had been smoking syrian rue, and had been meditating for hours, which amplifies these things far more than just taking more drugs alone can do. The state I was in was extremely magnified.

dreamer042
#17 Posted : 7/1/2020 1:55:03 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

OneIsEros wrote:
...I’m kind of resenting the mod’s input here...
...I’m changing the title back.

That wasn't a moderator, that was the administrator.

It's generally a good idea to act respectfully when someone invites you into their home.

Have a week off to mull that over.

You may do well to read this in the mean time.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

doubledog
#18 Posted : 7/1/2020 3:43:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had some similar experiences, dogs could be quite stressed during your difficult trips. Most of the time, they are fine and could even appreciate or enjoy your state of mind, but sometimes things are going crazy and it could be very uncomfortable for them. Personally, I would avoid dogs to be present in the session.
Cats are different, not so psychically fragile Smile or maybe they trip all the time while seem sober.

Metta-Morpheus
#19 Posted : 7/1/2020 4:32:53 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

When I was younger I was told (and believed) that cats produced lsa (also before I knew what lsa was) in their brains. I’ve always thought they were tripping a little.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Grey Fox
#20 Posted : 7/1/2020 5:40:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tripped many times with dogs present and have never had a problem or a bad reaction from the dogs. My dogs have never retreated from me whimpering in fear, ever, at any point in their lives. Must have been some intense facial expressions / sounds / body language going on to cause something like that.

Many of my trips have taken place in remote areas of the desert with no other people around. I've done it with the dogs there and without them. It sure feels a lot safer with them there because I know that an animal or person cant just sneak up on me while I'm tripping.

Dogs are very intuitive and aware of threats that are around them.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

12NEXT