We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia types Options

Kivsa85
#1 Posted : 6/30/2020 2:24:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,
I just encountered a website who sell "regular" seeds, and I bumped into "Salvia Horminum" seeds.

Is this type of Salvia can make you trip?
If yes or no, what are the Salvia species that does?

Thx ahead

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

bismillah
#2 Posted : 6/30/2020 8:22:53 PM

My Personalized Tag

It's salvia divinorum that sends you for a ride. Sometimes called "diviner's sage" as well.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 6/30/2020 10:18:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There are literally hundreds of different species of sage (Salvia spp.) and, as bismillah says, it's Salvia divinorum that contains the most significant quantities of salvinorin A (the substance principally responsible for S. divinorum's visionary effects). Some other Salvia species also contain salvinorin A, albeit at lower levels - e.g, S. recognita and S. glutinosa. On the other hand, one Japanese study failed to detect any salA in horticultural samples of S. glutinosa.

Some other species of Salvia contain other compounds with more or less of a psychoactive effect - some of them with opioid effects (but not, apparently, the exact kappa opioid profile which appears to be behind the effects of salA) and some with an anti-anxiety effect. As far as S. viridis (syn. Salvia horminum) goes, a brief look on wikipedia is something anyone can do, one would have thought.

Finally, growing S. divinorum from seed is pretty unusual but not unheard of. It has typically been thought of as a plant that seldom sets viable seed, although some Nexus members (and , presumably, other people) have managed to get seedlings started.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#4 Posted : 7/1/2020 4:03:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Oh boy.

I don't know if salvia is what most people call "tripping". Does it even have a name other then "doing salvia"?

If you are able to figure out what plant you will get you high and where to get it, just have someone sober around when you do it. You might not ever do drugs again, you might find a button you want to push, but salvia is like nothing else.

I can say that it is the only drug I've ever done that terrified me. Not scared me like "Oh! I'm Gonna die/am dying/have died!" or "Hey, will you feel my crotch, did I pee my pants?" but like there's nothing but "I"- there is no death, no life, nothing but me, existing in nothing and that's scary stuff. Not to mention the loss of motor function. That said, it is really pretty cool and not traumatic in the way a serious hyperslap can be.

Just be careful, be safe, be wise.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 7/1/2020 2:12:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I think the easiest way to get a salvia plant was to order a cuttling - place it in the ground and hope it develops roots. This is the only reliable way of getting an own plant from what I heard, germination from seed seems to be a miracle otherwise.

PedroSanchez
#6 Posted : 7/3/2020 1:33:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Oh boy.

I don't know if salvia is what most people call "tripping". Does it even have a name other then "doing salvia"?

If you are able to figure out what plant you will get you high and where to get it, just have someone sober around when you do it. You might not ever do drugs again, you might find a button you want to push, but salvia is like nothing else.

I can say that it is the only drug I've ever done that terrified me. Not scared me like "Oh! I'm Gonna die/am dying/have died!" or "Hey, will you feel my crotch, did I pee my pants?" but like there's nothing but "I"- there is no death, no life, nothing but me, existing in nothing and that's scary stuff. Not to mention the loss of motor function. That said, it is really pretty cool and not traumatic in the way a serious hyperslap can be.

Just be careful, be safe, be wise.

i hear this a lot about S.Divinorum, but i do not have the same reaction.
i have a guide when i smoke it. she helps me in and out and i feel very comfortable, although very confused, particularly as she doesnt let me see her. i think everybody feels her, just a lot of people dont understand her. i love the experience, it is intense, but beautiful, not terrifying at all for me.
all that good stuff is in my head though, my body does not react that way. ALWAYS have a sitter when you smoke salvia, NO EXCEPTIONS. your body is very capable of reacting, but you do not know your body is doing it because you do not even know you have a body. i tried to climb out of a very wide open 3rd floor window once, if my friend wasnt there i would have been much worse off.