We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
skipped the intro; first experience(s) Options

pragman
#1 Posted : 6/28/2020 6:17:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,
I feel I need to write this, before I forget too much; first trip(s) ever. This probably belongs more in the "experiences" subforum but I have to post here first anyway. I can delete / move this to the right place if needed.
This is a massive boring wall of text so I don't expect many readers anyway, but I'm ok with that.

Measured out 45-50 mg. First hit extraordinarily harsh. Burning feeling at edge of tongue and lips. Started swallowing like crazy; lots of product ended up in stomach. Damn !
Second hit felt less harsh; starting to feel some time bending. Looking at assistant vaporizing the next hit felt like it took 10 minutes (more like 15 seconds).
Took more small hits : total 8 hits according to the recording (!), spread over 5 minutes. Sat back in recliner chair, pushed back, closed eyes. Saw some visual patterns : a black ceiling of the same geometry as the room I was in, overlayed with a grid of pacman-shaped, CD-looking silver circles with green/red reflections like you'd see from the bottom surface of a CD; eventually melding into a grid of red/green points on the same ceiling. Cool effect, but nothing like the kaleidoscope of rainbows I was expecting.

I was "gone" for about 2min 30sec, during which time I remember thinking "hm, I missed the train anyway; I could open my eyes to see what the room looks like now, but [assistant] will notice and laugh at me for doing that too soon". On wakeup, there was remnants of "visual reverb" to all movements, a bit like a strobe would produce. Visual perspective was also weird; holding up my arm in front of me I thought "is that actually my arm ?" because it looked like the shoulder from which the arm started, wasn't in the right place - so to speak.

Can't remember much more of this; I assume the effect was ruined by the length of time it took to consume 8 hits ... ie. didn't reach a high enough peak concentration ?

Note, before that #1 attempt, the roles were swapped (I was the assistant) and the person made a wonderful trip in 3 hits, definitely breakthrough by their account.

#2 : 24 hrs later, same setting, same setup.
Measured out 50mg. Idea this time was a first small hit to get "used" to the harshness because I'm a wuss, followed by 2 "strong" hits in as close succession as possible. Kindof worked, but still incredibly harsh on the first intake. Throat tightened up instantly, and I started swallowing again - just air this time; jar was being prepared while I was choking and swallowing away. Very slight effect of visual delay / reverb barely starting, so I felt very "present" while taking the second hit. Ended up needing 4 hits, spread over a bit over 2 minutes. Sat back in the chair, somehow reclined, closed my eyes and then I was really gone.
But not at all where I hoped, again. What I remember as the "first" part, despite heavy time bending, was the shortest instant, one single visual, of a rectangular outline and very vague almond-eyed "faces" on a cloudy purple background that really had a vibe of that "on a table with people looking down at me". I remember no interaction, movement or thinking during that instant.

Then, spent some "dream time" wondering if I needed to breathe, if I should breathe or would it break the magic; meanwhile being in a weird , mostly black space with a 3D grid of green/red points (that looked like the trip #1 visuals), and again the silver CDs, but this time they were more like heads on polygon-shaped grey 'birds'. There was some kind of pulsating sound that felt "serious", with also something that I'd describe as "whitenoise modulated with 100Hz 'bubbles'" , also pulsating. With those pulses, the visual field was also oscillating in waves, or thick folds / clouds billowing in the black-background grid, that all felt really close. I remember a single thought from that part : "hm, this isn't really fun; I don't think I could get into doing this on a regular basis. I don't really see the interest". I seem to remember being pulled forward;

Scene changes to a kind of tunnel with floor + walls made of thin rectangular strips of black-to-grey gradients. Think "corrugated steel pipe" but not round, more like hexagonal although I mostly saw the flat floor and angled walls. Then, unless it was before (more time weirdness), I remember all "sound" fading out to a perfect vacuum of silence. Heard a few misc sounds that had a very insteresting, digital, fast metallic reverb - as if sound was echoing on every rib of the corrugated floor.

In that tunnel, again those darkish CD-headed birds in front of me, going / pulling a short distance forward to a white portal; at that point I was thinking "I did something wrong, and anyway they didn't pull hard enough, it's probably too late to fly through the white opening... what did I miss ? I didn't want to resist, but that shit was uncomfortable a few seconds ago, was that the test ? Crap... at least I'll try to get close to the white portal, I might be able to take a peek inside, maybe even fall through..." so I ended up right at the edge of that white area, but couldn't make out anything. More CDs also at the edge close to me, and some weird pulsating sound that felt like it was travelling from upper left to lower right in a straight line, and saying a strange unwriteable word on every pulse. And I was thinking "what did I not understand ? what does this mean ?".
Rest of the trip is a slow comeback; I opened my eyes once or twice and decided to close them again a bit more to see if there was anything more to see. (nothing noteworthy)

Altogether I was gone 9 minutes and change.

Tools : upside-down drilled mason jar with aluminium foil cap, screw-top ring not used. Heat gun set at 390C, fairly gentle airflow. Product was pure white after crystallization / final evap (vovin process) but I admit there was some amount of black residue on the foil after the vaporization. Either impurities, or the stuff was overheated and burned ?

I'm perplexed by the dark greyness of the visions, although at no point did it feel evil or menacing (nothing like some reports I've head in these forums), just uncomfortable in the first part. Also disappointed that I had so much trouble with the harshness, and that I wasn't able to figure out what I did / failed to do, that kept me back. Part of me thinks "it's probably due to this or that external factor", but another part tells me "don't blame it on other stuff, this is all on you". Crap !
On the plus side, at least the product looked nice before getting burned to a crisp : [attached]

Thanks for reading this far; much appreciated.
pragman attached the following image(s):
DSC_0040c.JPG (489kb) downloaded 55 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 6/28/2020 9:05:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are my thoughts:

If it is your first time, why are you starting with 50mg? Properly vaped 50mg is a very hight dose and should result in a very strong experience, or blackout.

Throat-tightening harshness you describe, I think is a sign of burnt spice. Burnt spice = wasted spice = sore throat/mouth/lungs = weaker and unpleasant experience.

You are saying it took you couple of minutes to take 4 hits. It shouldn't take you this long. For example when I vaped 30mg with machine, during the second toke I already would be on my way to the dmt land. Your goal with vaped DMT is to vape it in a few big hits (ideally one or two), within the shortest period possible. For example you can start first toke, inhale for 5-10 seconds, hold another 10-15s, exhale then go straight for the second one with similar timing. It would take you 1 minute max to vape your dose.

So to summarize: work with lower doses first, I suggest 15-20mg range, to perfect vaping technique. Try to be gentler with heat on spice, it needs only 160-170C (iirc double check me on this) to start evaporating. Black residue is probably due to burn.

Hope this helps Smile

Welcome to the Nexus Smile

pragman
#3 Posted : 6/29/2020 8:15:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply Exitwound.

Quote:
why 50 mg

just wanted to make sure there was enough, although I see now how less would've been better, along with a much shorter intake time like you mentioned.

Will definitely also try lower temps again - it seemed at first (holding the gun farther away) that nothing was happening at all in the jar...

So what kind of residue should be left after a proper vaporization, no black and possibly some brown ?

Exitwound
#4 Posted : 6/30/2020 2:19:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't say what colour should be residue, it depends on many things. Ideally, if your spice is very pure and you evaporated it (not burned) it should leave next to no residue.

I had some trials early trying evaporate DMT off the alu foil, but mostly negative results. It is hard to control temperature of alu foil, it overheats easily, even if you don't see it with naked eye.

I suggest making The Machine if you want to save money on smoking apparatus. It works and you can use it while operating torch/lighter yourself, which helps with feedback (you feel vapor get too hot or nasty, you lower the flame or move it away immediately).

If you have some bux to throw at it, look around the forum, there are plenty of time-proven setups (GvG, e-mesh, etc) which will greatly simplify hyperspace launch procedures Smile

pragman
#5 Posted : 7/6/2020 3:40:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
I had some trials early trying evaporate DMT off the alu foil, but mostly negative results.

Interesting... especially without a "feel" for how hot it's supposed to be and how it's supposed to look, it's not foolproof. The heatgun has a temperature-regulated output, but it looks like it can't transfer enough heat, fast enough, to vaporize quickly, hence the increased (excessive) setting just to speed things up. And hence the burning probably...

Quote:
The Machine

Hmm. I hadn't really considered it, it kindof looked finnicky to set up and "wasteful" (I can't help thinking some product would get lost in the mesh/plug...) but will certainly look again.

Another (overkill) thought : one of those 3D printer heads - they're temperature-regulated and should work in that range; it should be possible to dial in exactly the right temp. I haven't found any mention of such in these forums, wonder if it's been tried ?