We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ACRB acid phase layer separation-to filter or not to filter? Options

null24
#1 Posted : 6/29/2020 10:57:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Haven't done this in a while, having just done simple a/b's, and I've tried to find the answer but I'm not seeing it, so I'd appreciate someone with experience doing ATB on ACRB what the best thing to do next is.

Three boils were done with 80 grams powdered ACRB (bottom of a kilo bag of shredded bark) 2000ml water each with +-400 ml 5% vinegar until each was reduced on simmer to 250ml approx, about two hours each, all three combined and reduced to a total of 250 resulting in thick red syrup. Only three because roommate started complaining about the smell Confused

After letting this cool, phases began separating that look different than just particles and I'm wondering what they are. The top is transparent, the bottom black and there are at least two grey layers on addition to the main one. Too much 'gar? No salt added or anything, just water, bark and vinegar.

Should i filter, decant, or base it all from here? My thinking is to just add base solution, because there are probably alkaloids in the solids? I plan on doing a mini a/b on naphtha pulls and maybe further xylene pulls while the whole soup is warm, after having let it base for 24 hours.

Nevermind the fetus hand in the jar and don't ask questions about it, it's irrelevant...Wut?
null24 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200629_144323194_HDR.jpg (2,379kb) downloaded 73 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 6/29/2020 11:31:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would base it and that will probably fix things to a uniform inky black with beautiful maroon tint. I didn't have any such issue with my recent acrb extraction in case you were wondering. Look forward to your results!!

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

null24
#3 Posted : 6/30/2020 12:32:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yeah, i think it'll be okay.Big grin

Added 80g lye dissolved in about 250ml water, let sit for a few and added 100ml nps, shook like heck and stirred a few times. Using a baster so there's still a good bit of nps in soup.

But the last time i saw clouding like that straight out of warm soup was with an ACRB extract that yielded over 3%, something i didn't think was possible at the time.

After playing with MHRB to compare it to ACRB, I'll choose the latter for these stellar results, even if they are less predictable.

Thanks for the inspiration/recommendation on this, it was a good move, you know who!Stop
null24 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200629_162715724_HDR.jpg (3,057kb) downloaded 61 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 6/30/2020 1:36:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude that's awesome!! Gotta love it when you get hold of some really great bark.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Metta-Morpheus
#5 Posted : 6/30/2020 3:16:01 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

One note I will put out there is your 3% yield probably consisted of a lot of oils. Without a defat step, acrb yields can seem puzzlingly high. After reading the full spectrum thread recently, I decided to skip the defat on my last extraction. I got so much oily goo on the bottom of my dish, any crystals were gobbled up by it when I scraped it up. Which is fine, I wanted a full spec, but my yield has been insane so far. Way higher than last time with same batch of bark and a defat step. So keep this in mind when making a blend, you may want to increase the spice amount to compensate for the oils. I made a 1.2:1 blend because of this.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers