We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Reconnect (new documentary) Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 6/25/2020 9:05:31 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Found it interesting. Any thoughts?

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 6/25/2020 10:38:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My thoughts are that Brian Rose is a toxic conspiracy nut and a professional scammer who offers a substantial platform to anti-vaxxers, COVID hoaxers and Holocaust deniers in a quest for money and fringe celebrity disguised as free speech absolutism.

Loveall
#3 Posted : 6/26/2020 3:21:16 AM

❤️‍🔥

Bill Cipher wrote:
My thoughts are that Brian Rose is a toxic conspiracy nut and a professional scammer who offers a substantial platform to anti-vaxxers, COVID hoaxers and Holocaust deniers in a quest for money and fringe celebrity disguised as free speech absolutism.

Won't disagree, but he does seem to be trying to do better in the documentary with an honest effort. All we can do is try, right?

soul-explorer
#4 Posted : 6/26/2020 8:40:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:

Hmm yea, some of his content around Covid19 really made me distance from him.

Have a hard time forming a strong opinion on him though, he did put out quite a bit of great content in the past as well.

Bill Cipher
#5 Posted : 6/26/2020 9:20:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soul-explorer wrote:
Hmm yea, some of his content around Covid19 really made me distance from him.

Have a hard time forming a strong opinion on him though, he did put out quite a bit of great content in the past as well.

Okay, but his COVID content is reprehensible and will inevitably contribute to a higher death toll than would otherwise have been the case. He's got two million subscribers. He is wantonly disseminating false information that puts millions of lives at risk. How can you possibly excuse that?

And he's now created this ENORMOUS crowdfund by painting himself as some kind of victim of censorship - the whole basis of which was YouTube's removal of his David Icke interview - which, let's face it, absolutely needed to be removed. David Icke - just an FYI - is a rabid anti-Semite and a long time Holocaust denier. His Brian Rose COVID denial interview was seen by millions of people, many of whom will now take these cynical lies to heart and avoid pandemic precautions. He should not be given a platform to spout lunatic misinformation, and YouTube's decision to not give it oxygen has nothing whatsoever to do with suppression of free speech - despite his crowdfunding a quarter of a million dollars to sue them (which will never actually happen, as he doesn't have a leg to stand on).

Plus, he runs a for profit bullshit business academy (a la Trump University) which operates much like a pyramid scheme and has a bunch of consumer protection complaints. I just think that he is a cynical, opportunistic charlatan, and his current profit driven shtick is endangering peoples' lives.

My other thought is that it's gross and disappointing that Dennis McKenna would seek the opportunity to ride upon his dick in this manner in order to promote his new $1,000 a night ayahuasca retreat. But that's just me. I'm critical of people who proselytize about psychedelics while acting in an amoral fashion, or colluding with those who do.

Informative Vice article below:

https://www.vice.com/en_...ital-freedom-coronavirus

thevoluntaryway
#6 Posted : 6/26/2020 10:33:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That video has been coming up on my YT suggested list for a little while so I'm glad I finally watched it - thank you. I'm also glad that the psychedelic renaissance is getting support from multiple sources. And just in case anyone is reading this who isn't inclined to swallow the MSM narrative on this plandemic but you censor yourself in the face of those who do loudly swallow that narrative, you're not alone in this - and I'll happily point you toward whole communities of free thinking people.

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 6/26/2020 10:49:36 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

thevoluntaryway wrote:
That video has been coming up on my YT suggested list for a little while so I'm glad I finally watched it - thank you. I'm also glad that the psychedelic renaissance is getting support from multiple sources. And just in case anyone is reading this who isn't inclined to swallow the MSM narrative on this plandemic but you censor yourself in the face of those who do loudly swallow that narrative, you're not alone in this - and I'll happily point you toward whole communities of free thinking people.

"Free thinking people" LOL!

Do you not see the obvious irony?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Bill Cipher
#8 Posted : 6/26/2020 11:14:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thevoluntaryway wrote:

Fair warning:

Any plandemic talk whatsoever will earn you the boot around here. Do continue to censor yourself - or, as I told my daughter for years after taking her to see Frozen, "Conceal, don't feel".

This is non-negotiable. Please don't put it to the test.

Have a think in the Welcome Area.

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 6/26/2020 11:34:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
thevoluntaryway wrote:

Fair warning:

Any plandemic talk whatsoever will earn you the boot around here. Do continue to censor yourself - or, as I told my daughter for years after taking her to see Frozen, "Conceal, don't feel".

This is non-negotiable. Please don't put it to the test.

Have a think in the Welcome Area.

You have to explain that Frozen line...i get the feeling i'm missing out on something HUGE here.

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 6/26/2020 11:45:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
You have to explain that Frozen line...i get the feeling i'm missing out on something HUGE here.

You've never seen Frozen?

"Conceal, don't feel" was the king and queen's mantra to their magical ice princess daughter. This helped to keep her powers a secret (which would come out accidentally in times of stress), while causing her to grow up to be an emotionally stunted adult.

As it was already Disney approved, I took the liberty of co-opting this highly effective parenting technique with my six year old at the time.

Seemed appropriate in this situation as well.

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 6/27/2020 3:16:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, that's basically the same as what i tell myself when i'm in the subway and i get the sudden urge to sing "like a virgin" then.

Bill Cipher
#12 Posted : 6/27/2020 5:44:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Ah, that's basically the same as what i tell myself when i'm in the subway and i get the sudden urge to sing "like a virgin" then.

Exactly.

Loveall
#13 Posted : 6/28/2020 11:23:34 PM

❤️‍🔥

*spoilers below*

In the movie, he becomes more aware of the trauma from his parents divorce thanks to ayausca. He goes to visit them looking for closure. His mom is comforting, but his dad is all like "conceal, don't feel".

In my opinion, that ubiquitous attitude is a source of trauma. Psychedelics are the complete opposite: "reveal and feel".

It seems to me that a lot of dysfunctional egomaniac selfish behavior, where validation is perpetually chased via success and "winning", affects grownups who did not get the love they needed as a kid. This is represented in the movie pretty well.

Just my opinion.

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 6/28/2020 11:44:48 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

One thing I noted from it was the contrast of the lifestyle of being in the jungle living in a healthy way, connected to nature where it was all value your family, be kinder, grow as a human vs being in London back at work where it was all push out content, no time for family, no time for reflection.

While his initial goal to bring more conscious content was admirable, it does seem he fell right back into terrible and silly modern lifestyle game as demonstrated in that link Bill posted.

Anyone who has spent some time immersed in nature knows that feel. Yet another reminder of how toxic our artificial culture and lifestyle are for our well-being and how deeply seated is our need for connection to the natural world.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Bill Cipher
#15 Posted : 6/29/2020 12:01:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Obviously, I was making a funny with the conceal, don't feel business. What I was actually saying was "knock off the Plandemic horseshit or be forever banned".

In the spirit of open minded engagement I can report that I did watch the movie - and if you take at face value a promotional commercial (paid for by whom, I wonder...) for a $1,000 a night ayahuasca vacation, I suppose he comes off okay. Put aside that he is a megalomaniac with a life sized oil painting of himself on the wall of his office, or the fact that he has chosen perhaps the world's most punchable douchebag of a mentor to teach him the ways of the world, AND put aside what you know about his conduct since making the movie, then yes, he appears to be a guy doing the best he can to utilize plant medicines for interpersonal growth.

However...

How can you possibly square that with what he is doing right now? ANYONE can appear in a positive light with a slickly produced documentary showing only and exactly that which they want presented to the world. At the same time, you have got to recognize that he is not doing anything remotely good or positive RIGHT NOW in the spreading of COVID disinformation. The world would be so much better off if he'd just turn off the camera and go home.

The movie is a commercial, just like Stepping Into the Fire was another slickly produced commercial for yet another ayahuasca retreat just a few years back. If you recall, that retreat went belly up after their shaman inadvertently killed a client and then buried their body in the jungle. Still, how sincere did the founder appear in his glossy, self-produced (and so very self-serving) documentary? Their back stories were extremely similar, just as an interesting aside. But make no mistake, Brian Rose has his eyes on the prize. He's just peddling faux enlightenment now instead of worthless derivatives.

I also have to say that if Dennis McKenna had a spine, he would step up and publicly rebuke him. Maybe he has, but I haven't seen it. He's usually pretty politically outspoken on his Twitter feed, so if he hasn't it is doubly disappointing, and I would have to say that he's allowing personal and financial interests to obscure his social responsibility.

Loveall
#16 Posted : 6/29/2020 2:28:51 AM

❤️‍🔥

That's all fair and could be the truth.

One question that comes up is, why is it that towards the end Bill Rose tears up and says that things are not working up as expected. That he still struggles? If this were an elaborate infomertial, why have that scene there?

Maybe it is a little of both, part infomertial BUT with a real ayausca experience behind it form an imperfect person with real traumas. Maybe Dennis saw an opportunity to promote the retreat, while at the same time getting psychedelics one step closer to helping shift western culture in a positive direction (holding simultaneously both selfish and noble intentions).

Full disclosure: I was not aware of Bill Rose's recent antics around COVID - which are reprehensible. At the same time he is also a human being and a hurt 7 year old child looking for ways to fill a void.

And yeah, that life-size portrait is ridiculous. I was expecting it to come down when he got back from the jungle - but it stayed up.

Bill Cipher
#17 Posted : 6/29/2020 3:32:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, I wasn’t suggesting that he didn’t have bonafide and personally transformative ayahuasca experiences. I’ve seen him smoke DMT enough times on YouTube to know he’s a fan of the stuff. I’m also not suggesting that he is 100% full of shit in this regard, but again, if you’re proselytizing while conducting yourself in an otherwise slimy manner, are you really honoring that which you have co-opted for your own ends?

That’s just me. I admit I’m judgmental. And as far as Dennis McKenna is concerned, I just find it disappointing.

Loveall
#18 Posted : 6/29/2020 3:43:42 AM

❤️‍🔥

Makes sense. I'm more aware of the circumstances surrounding the movie now, thanks! I too am feeling some disappointment towards Dennis now. Still like him though.

Cheers 🙂

acacian
#19 Posted : 6/29/2020 5:01:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mixed feelings on the film.. mostly just because I don't find Brian Rose all that inspiring compared to other spokesperson's of psychedelics.. His struggle with the post integration stuff felt authentic enough though and was a good reminder to those seeking a quick fix that serious personal work is required to retain any semblance of that "higher consciousness" in day to day life. Overall the film felt like more of a documentary on him than the role plant medicines can play in strengthening our connection to the planet..there was just something a bit narcissistic about the whole thing.

I didn't feel like Dennis Mckenna's intentions were profit driven though..at least not for his own personal gain. He was pretty open that he saw Brian's platform as an opportunity to raise wider awareness of Ayahuasca and he is obviously passionate about doing so .. I like Dennis a lot and feel like his intentions most likely aren't the way you framed them, Bill Cypher - although I do agree he should speak up about some of the dangerous misinformation Brian's outlet spreads to the world.

Eaglepath
#20 Posted : 6/29/2020 5:08:17 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

She´s working in him... Transformation takes time.. have some patience...Smile
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

12NEXT