CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
2020 Bufotenine Extraction TEK + Analytical Data Options

blue.magic
#21 Posted : 6/6/2020 7:27:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the most beautiful writeup I've seen I years. So inspiring. Kudos to you and THANKS for the immense amount of time you've put in this.

I have mixed results with bufotenine extraction so far (used citrate, not fumarate) so I will try your tek.

It seems there is something in the seeds promoting oxidation of bufotenine, as the oxidation has not been observed on pure bufotenine without an added oxidizing agent (source: R.H.F. Manske, "The Alkaloids: Chemistry and Physiology, vol. VII", p. Cool.

Perhaps treating the seeds with a mild reducing agent or reducing acid will help.

As for the roasting, I wonder how that could promote oxidation, but maybe it helps a lot as this for sure deactivates any enzymes involved.

Have doubts about your samples? Get trusted results by having your samples tested.

Nydex
#22 Posted : 6/9/2020 1:37:39 PM

Suffer; Survive; Evolve; Repeat

Wow, what an impressive body of work!!! Hats off to everyone that took part in its creation! I have never tried bufotenine and was wondering if anyone can point me to a comprehensive comparison between it and N,N?
Break free from the chains of your beliefs. It is only then that you may find a moment of blissful stillness amidst the raging storm. Stay awhile and listen. The winds of truth shall fill your sails, and the oceans of hidden and long forgotten knowledge, ancient as the cosmos itself, will be yours to explore.
Quote:
O, supreme beings of the higher realms, allow me to venture into your dimensions. I come with love and with harmony. I bring no hatred and carry no malevolence in my soul. I come to learn and to grow. Show me your world and gift me some of your knowledge. Ask me, and I shall answer with honesty; hug me, and I shall hug you back; advise me, and I shall follow your wisdom. Heal me from my fear and give me insight. There is little I can offer back but my love and trust. O, supreme beings of the higher realms... I am yours.

dragonrider
#23 Posted : 6/9/2020 3:20:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can only speak of my experiences with yopo.

There are strong simmilarities.

On the one hand yopo is by far not as immersive as DMT. It is a highly visual substance. In smaller quantities it does seem to have no mental effects at all, even.
But it is not completely void of them.

I find the mental effects very hard to place. There is a definate euphoria that is simmilar to me, as a good amount of oral cannabis. A warm wave of euphoria.

But there is something very weird about it. Maybe there are trace amounts of 5-MeO-DMT present in yopo and maybe pure bufotenin lacks this effect, but i would say it is a bit freaky.

Last time i took yopo, i was starting to come down from acid.
And i saw muppet-like creatures everywhere.

You know that scene in the first lord of the ring movie the fellowship of the ring, when that psychic elfqueen starts to freak out and says something like that she will be treacherous as the dawn?

They where looking a bit like that. But i couldn't hear what they where saying.
Then i started to become like that myself as well. I started to morph into a sort of jim henson puppet of psychic energy.

But it was never frightening. Just realy, realy weird.

But then it already started to fade realy quickly.

Nydex
#24 Posted : 6/9/2020 4:06:46 PM

Suffer; Survive; Evolve; Repeat

dragonrider wrote:
I can only speak of my experiences with yopo.

There are strong simmilarities.

On the one hand yopo is by far not as immersive as DMT. It is a highly visual substance. In smaller quantities it does seem to have no mental effects at all, even.
But it is not completely void of them.

I find the mental effects very hard to place. There is a definate euphoria that is simmilar to me, as a good amount of oral cannabis. A warm wave of euphoria.

But there is something very weird about it. Maybe there are trace amounts of 5-MeO-DMT present in yopo and maybe pure bufotenin lacks this effect, but i would say it is a bit freaky.

Last time i took yopo, i was starting to come down from acid.
And i saw muppet-like creatures everywhere.

You know that scene in the first lord of the ring movie the fellowship of the ring, when that psychic elfqueen starts to freak out and says something like that she will be treacherous as the dawn?

They where looking a bit like that. But i couldn't hear what they where saying.
Then i started to become like that myself as well. I started to morph into a sort of jim henson puppet of psychic energy.

But it was never frightening. Just realy, realy weird.

But then it already started to fade realy quickly.

Hmm very interesting. Still I am hoping someone has experience with pure bufotenine and can relate it to spice. If it's better in a way I'm willing to give this a shot.
Break free from the chains of your beliefs. It is only then that you may find a moment of blissful stillness amidst the raging storm. Stay awhile and listen. The winds of truth shall fill your sails, and the oceans of hidden and long forgotten knowledge, ancient as the cosmos itself, will be yours to explore.
Quote:
O, supreme beings of the higher realms, allow me to venture into your dimensions. I come with love and with harmony. I bring no hatred and carry no malevolence in my soul. I come to learn and to grow. Show me your world and gift me some of your knowledge. Ask me, and I shall answer with honesty; hug me, and I shall hug you back; advise me, and I shall follow your wisdom. Heal me from my fear and give me insight. There is little I can offer back but my love and trust. O, supreme beings of the higher realms... I am yours.

Orion
#25 Posted : 6/10/2020 1:56:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's good patient work like this that makes the site what it is Thumbs up
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Jorkest
#26 Posted : 6/22/2020 6:18:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

this is amazing! bufotenine was such a struggle for me.. only had a few decent experiences. but those experiences made me try so hard to figure it out. i found nasal bufo to be kinda dangerous. i once passed out after taking it and luckily was laying on my stomach because i ended up puking. always found that bufotenine worked better with just a bit of dmt mixed in. seems to grease the wheels.

awesome work
it's a sound

Brennendes Wasser
#27 Posted : 6/29/2020 12:24:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just realized that some of the impurity signals at the 1H-NMR are Ethyl Acetate. I just fanned the Bufo for some minutes with a fan, so maybe one should do it a little longer. But this means that Bufo Signal fraction is not 96 % but even 97,87 %. Considering the fact that both the integrals of the NMR and Chromatogramm are not directly equivalent to the final purity, it is quite remarkable that their value is practically the same, being 97,87 % and 97,85 %. What a funny coincidence Surprised Surprised Big grin .

Also I tested 2 other solvents that were suggested as good extraction solvents / re-x solvents long time ago, Limonene and Xylene.
69ron told that Xylene is good, as it can be heated just above the melting point of Bufotenine. This drastically changes its solubility behaviour, making it soluble in boiling xylene, whereas the more polar other impurity stays undissolved. Limonene can be heated even further, so in theory it should also work.

Summary and solubility data are on the 2nd post.
In short: Xylene may be an alternative to people who cant find Ethyl Acetate. It dissolves much more compared to the mix, but also keeps more Bufo at - 20 °C. A bad side is that it is much more unhealthy and harder to evaporate.
D-Limonene is not that promising. It drops Bufo as cloudy solids, not forming any real crystals. Also it seems there is a chance to damage Bufotenine from 170 °C onwards. If the Bufo is not dissolved fast enough, it will form a solid brown residue that doesnt dissolve in acid anymore.

PS: To get all the Bufo back you have to evaporate the residual Xylene. I just went back to check how its doing while writing this post and all the Xylene already evaporated, nothing could hold turn down the heat and it skyrocketed to 200 °C+ and now the remaining 0,2 g of Bufotenine went bye-bye Twisted Evil Sad Sad Never turn your back while doing something that may need full attention boooooo
Check the

BIG Analysis on DMT !

Lots of interesting and possibly new stuff unraveled ;o

PREV12