We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Aptenia Cordifolia Options

Woolmer
#1 Posted : 6/28/2020 6:44:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Guys,

I'd just like to report the psychoactivity of this plant. In one paper it is said to contain mesembrine only up to 13% to that of sceletium tortosum but I believe there may be some other alkaloids present affecting the experience.

I have some resin pulled with just the water of the plant which I consume sublingually. It has a dreamy stony effect (at higher doses) while also being strangely energetic.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Cognitive Heart
#2 Posted : 6/28/2020 7:07:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the information regarding baby sun rose.

Can you verify the mesembrine paper? Apparently, it's quite easy to propagate and withstands hardy conditions. According to J. Ettelt on Wikipedia, while studying cacti and other succulents, he noted the anti-inflammatory effects of the plant.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Woolmer
#3 Posted : 6/28/2020 7:49:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Sounds interesting. Thanks for the information regarding baby sun rose.

Can you verify the mesembrine paper? Apparently, it's quite easy to propagate and withstands hardy conditions. According to J. Ettelt on Wikipedia, while studying cacti and other succulents, he noted the anti-inflammatory effects of the plant.

Sure, below is the link. Indeed it is a very hardy plant and can also be used in salads!

https://sci-hub.tw/https....1076/phbi.36.3.173.6350

"Aptenia was found to contain mesembrine alkaloids in significant concentrations, relative to the other taxa examined, although these were only 13.6% of those seen in Sceletium"

This is the only study I have found on the alkaloid content of A. Cordifolia so it is possible that it varies between plants.