We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can someone check please? Options

ham.i.am
#1 Posted : 1/11/2010 4:47:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So far, SWIM has acidified 100g of MHRB with decent amount of Distilled Vinegar. SWIM let the acid soak the bark for a good two weeks, with frequent boils and with more acid added. Then after it was filtered out, and decanted out to be crystal clear red acidic liquid, and reduced to 450mL of acidic solution by putting it in the oven to evaporate in low heat. Then it was defatted x3 with Naptha.

After that, it was bassified(if that word exist..) from a mix of water and Sodium Hydroxide+Potassium Hydroxide (SWIM is using Drain Cleaner that states it has both, and it states its concentrated lye). But SWIM problem is the solution is kinda reddish black instead of the brownish black. SWIM doesn't know the target color it has to be. During the process of bringing it to a basic solution, there was a time that it had a black greyish sludge(kinda looked like flakes) on the bottom, and a clear red/brown liquid on top. I am not quite sure if thats normal or not...Also, SWIM is wondering if you can test the PH of the Bassified solution with Litmus paper, because the solution is already dark, but does it affect the reading?

But SWIM has already did a Naptha pull, but the question is, my solution seperates fairly quickly. Like, it takes only a minimum of a minute to see the sharp line between the two layers. But with a vigurios shake, it takes only 5min. Is that normal? Maybe because the Naptha is a Light Hydrotreated Distillate?

If someone is kind enough to help, it would be most grateful thing for me.

...still a bit of a noob, just need a bit guidance. Again, sorry for my english. I can clarify if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 1/11/2010 6:07:11 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

all sounds like its going well.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

ham.i.am
#3 Posted : 1/11/2010 10:17:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nevermind, It's a success!!!! (you have no idea how excited I am!!), SWIM just stuck his jar with Naptha in the freezer just to see if there were anything.....and there was some nice White crystal deposits!! After a soda ash wash, It is goood to go!

Thank you and anyone who helped me. Thank you dmt-nexus. SWIM can not wait for his first journey into hyperspace. SWIM will type up a long report on his journey. Hope this goes well!!!

Live long and prosper

I love you guys.