We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MAGIC and METH CICADAS Options

Phangz
#1 Posted : 6/22/2020 3:37:03 AM

Seeking...

Hi all,

I came across some interesting articles about cicadas containing some psychoactive compounds. I did a quick search on nexus and couldn't any existing threads so I thought I'd share. Sorry if this has already been brought up. Here is what i found....

Reports of diseased cicadas flying around with missing abdomens.
May 2016, 150 affected species were collected for research. It was discovered that cicadas were infected by fungas known as Massospora. During their accent above ground, they come in contact with Massospora fungal spores. After weeks of carrying Massospora, their abdomens fall off and are replaced with the white fungus. (yuck right?) Further research of Massopora shows that contains psilocybin and cathonine. Both of which affect the cicadas differently depending on species.

Periodical Cicada. genus - Magicicada:
These are found in Eastern and Central United States. Spends most of its life underground as a nymph. Only emerges every 13 or 17 years. Lifespan above ground is relatively, short 3 to 6 weeks. Different broods emerge at different times. eg. Brood 8 last emerged in 2019 and 2002 before that and will not surface until 2036. The fungi attacks and changes the behavior of the cicadas. It is thought the cathonine makes them more sexual active to help spread its spores while the psilocybin calms the cicada down, keeping it in a dream like state so it isn't aware its abdomen has fallen off.
Some annual cicada species are also affected by Massospora.

Some interesting facts I learnt:
Massospora is the first fungi found to contain cathinone. Also found in khat.
Massospora can not be grown so research can only be done directly with the infected cicadas.
It would take a dozen or more to get high of these cicadas. (Dr Matt Kasson)
No permit required from DEA to work with these cicadas.

Lots of articles out there. Hopefully more research will be done and published soon as I'm still very interested. Pity they have only been found in America so far.

Has anybody come across this in real life? If so can you share more information, experience etc.
Please add anything important I may have missed.

sources:
https://www.theatlantic....-drugs-its-hosts/566324/
https://blogs.agu.org/sc...cicadas-magic-mushrooms/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSmD43tS9O0

There were others but I found these best.

Enjoy,

Phangz.
Phangz attached the following image(s):
cicada.jpg (65kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
There's never enough dirt but......the best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 6/22/2020 2:25:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Oh my god that is creepy as hell Shocked Shocked Shocked

Even if they would contain 10 trips in 1 cicade, I would not even try eating one without the fungi Very happy Very happy Very happy

Crazy story though, nature is just weird ...

Achilles
#3 Posted : 6/22/2020 4:07:20 PM

I is the obstacle.

I found this super interesting 👍👍👍... I kinda feel bad for the cicadas though but I guess if they’re tripping so hard they don’t mind then it’s ok.. anyways ty for the read
This guys ego ^

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 6/22/2020 4:45:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ah, this is that fungus that makes the cicadas gay.

Yes, there was a thread about it somewhere last year, I'm sure we can dig it out for comparison.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#5 Posted : 6/22/2020 4:58:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Laughing Yeah, didn't "they" just discover this a couple years ago?

Oh god, the beauty of nature is only a consolation for it's brutality...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 6/22/2020 6:12:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yes it was about two years ago:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=896143#post896143

And yes, it's all so brueautifal!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Phangz
#7 Posted : 6/23/2020 5:57:40 AM

Seeking...

Ahhhh, sorry about the repost.

However, I did do a search with both "massospora" and "cicada" in the search box beforehand which came back as "no results found." Could there be an error with the searches??
There's never enough dirt but......the best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago.