We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
thoughts on past psychedelic use potentiating future trips? Options

Rock.0
#1 Posted : 6/15/2020 1:38:16 PM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

I've noticed recently that the more I do psychedelics, the deeper my experiences tend to be, with smaller doses.
I'm wondering if this 'potentiation' has been noticed before?

It's like my brain/body is more primed for it.

Also, my trips are tending to kind of pick up on the same narrative that I left from last trip. Different entities, and different spaces, but I just get a sense of continuity. Hard to describe other than a familiarity.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

null24
#2 Posted : 6/15/2020 2:42:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

At some point, psychedelics may even become superfluous.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Hailstorm
#3 Posted : 6/16/2020 7:40:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Rock.0 wrote:
I'm wondering if this 'potentiation' has been noticed before?

Yes, it is well known and called "reverse tolerance". DMT, unlike opioids, will not make you spiral into an eventual overdose.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/16/2020 10:17:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have definitely experienced a reduction in the dose needed for strong effects over the years. It wasn't gradual though, it took long breaks to have it happen. As an example, I had a batch of shrooms in my freezer, I used to regularly take 5g+ dried, and had a good but totally manageable experience. Took a long break from tripping, fastforward 4 years later, took 2g from exact same batch sitting in my freezer and had an amazingly strong experience, so much that I even forgot I had taken shrooms, was experiencing this crazy reality for a few hours like a dmt breakthrough.

Same has happened for most substances except weed, which I still continued to use throughout the years.

I used to think it was good having natural tolerance but I think its much better to be sensitive now, just gotta be careful.

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 6/16/2020 11:27:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I have definitely experienced a reduction in the dose needed for strong effects over the years. It wasn't gradual though, it took long breaks to have it happen. As an example, I had a batch of shrooms in my freezer, I used to regularly take 5g+ dried, and had a good but totally manageable experience. Took a long break from tripping, fastforward 4 years later, took 2g from exact same batch sitting in my freezer and had an amazingly strong experience, so much that I even forgot I had taken shrooms, was experiencing this crazy reality for a few hours like a dmt breakthrough.

Same has happened for most substances except weed, which I still continued to use throughout the years.

I used to think it was good having natural tolerance but I think its much better to be sensitive now, just gotta be careful.

Yes, the same thing happened to me.
I experience total immersion on relatively small amounts of shrooms or acid these days.

Rock.0
#6 Posted : 6/17/2020 1:13:39 AM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

Thats cool, and very interesting to hear other people's experiences.
It's been most noticeable with my DMT use. I'm very new to the substance, but this year have been dabbling in DMT freebase and recently changa. I was getting quite stuck in the waiting room on up to 45mg of DMT. I smoked some changa a few times, up to 60mg of DMT and had some really amazing breakthrough experiences, then last weekend tried 30mg of DMT freebase and had the deepest experience yet. And as I said in my OP, some themes felt like continuations of the last trip.