We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Blazer micro torch! Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 6/13/2020 10:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As long as I've had my gvg I've been attempting to find the appropriate torch lighter. I bought a Zico (turboflame arc knockoff) and it stopped working in under a week. Total price of crap. I've been through several Eagle torch lighters, $5 plastic refillable torch. They are OK for what they are but they don't last. Usually the ignition goes out.

After poking around online, I decided on this Blazer. I was torn between this one and the original Blazer micro torch. I chose this because I can easily turn it on and off with one hand. It is perfect for what I needed/wanted. The flame goes from 1/2 inch to around 2" maxed out. It is powerful enough to heat the small titanium nail on my Eyce rig. Not that I need all that for vaping spice. I use it on a low setting to heat my gvg. Show me your Blazer!!
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200613_135716.jpg (733kb) downloaded 145 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Egzoset
#2 Posted : 6/15/2020 12:25:57 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Tony6Strings,

Tony6Strings wrote:
Not that I need all that for vaping spice.

It's clear to me that you don't, hence adapt your delivery method enough to stop operating butane lighters beyond their intended operating range. I know you remember what i'm talking about, one detail you may have missed is that i've been using the pocket Vector KGM Volt for years and it's been proven worth every penny.

The DynaVap VapCap IH enthousiasts hit a similar wall trying to adjust their IH driver instead of correcting the delivery tool itself. As far as i'm concerned your "Heat Charge" should rate in the hundreds Joules per inhalation instead of thousands...

Good day, have fun chasing "blazers"!! Cool

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 6/15/2020 7:16:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought about a Volt. I also seriously considered getting a Vector Mini Nitro. I am happy with the micro torch I got. The piezo ignition lights first time every time. I love it.
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Egzoset
#4 Posted : 6/15/2020 11:07:45 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Hi again Tony6Strings,

You were most probably well inspired as i don't think the Vector KGM Volt is suitable for intensive use, although it's very durable otherwise.

Good day, have fun!! Cool

GoneWiththeWind
#5 Posted : 6/16/2020 1:40:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have an arc, you have to leave it in your pocket to warm it up a bit or it won't light. Kind of a pain in the ass Surprised

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 6/16/2020 5:03:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I don't know how the arc became the most popular choice for heating a gvg. I've read the thread. Maybe mine was a seriously crappy knockoff. Anyways I love my Blazer. Regarding power, I would rather have more torch than I need and use it at a lower setting, than to have something that has to be run on full blast in order to achieve appropriate flame size (eagle torch, arc).
olympus mon wrote:

Egzoset
#7 Posted : 6/16/2020 6:48:08 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Hi again Tony6Strings,

Tony6Strings wrote:
Regarding power, I would rather have more torch than I need and use it at a lower setting, than to have something that has to be run on full blast in order to achieve appropriate flame size (eagle torch, arc).

Absoluty, operational life is shortened by overheat abuse, hence the need to match available energy and workload, not to forget adapt materials selection to provide a safety range...

Good day, have fun!! Cool