We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Bong vs GVG to smoke Changa Options

Rock.0
#1 Posted : 5/27/2020 10:41:24 AM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

I'm a novice DMT xtal vaper and a complete noob with changa.

I've been having some good breakthroughs with DMT out of my Yocan Evolve Plus with both quad coil and ceramic donut coils, but I've recently got my hands on some 50:50 changa and I'm wanting to find the best way to smoke it.

I attempted 'vaping' (burning) the changa (approx. 45mg) in my Yocan, but it was super harsh and I only got mild body sensations from it.

So I've been trying to research it but getting wildly differing opinions. There are lots of recommendations for getting a bong, but I'm quite resistant as they aren't the most discreet things, nor are they easily stored (I have a pretty small place). I've seen a lot of different opinions on using a GVG, ranging from it simply wont work, to people reporting consistent breakthroughs. I'm more inclined to get a GVG as then I can use it for DMT xtal or changa (assuming it actually works for changa). I'm not a weed smoker and really have no other use for a bong, apart from changa if that really is the only way to go.

Is the idea to actually burn the changa as opposed to vaping DMT?

Thanks Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 5/27/2020 11:24:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am pretty new to changa myself. I only smoke dmt crystal in my gvg, for changa I use a pipe but am thinking about getting a bong just for changa and salvia. I would say bong for changa, gvg for smoking straight spice.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Metta-Morpheus
#3 Posted : 5/27/2020 12:34:05 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I switched from using a bong to my gvg for changa. I feel the herb base I use is much much tastier in the gvg over a bong. And I haven’t noticed any lack of efficiency. It all vapes, and has a great flavor. FYI, a gvg is not that discreet either. Maybe a classic, but a gvg is pretty big.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 5/27/2020 6:39:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Get both. A bong can be had for not much, I'm getting one made of silicone like my dab rig, so no biggie if I drop it on my way into hyperspace if it hits me quick. If you only buy one, get the vapor genie. King of the spice pipes.
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 5/27/2020 8:16:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

My idea about Changa:

Pros:

- easy to use (same way like tobacco / weed)
- easy to transport

Cons:

- harsher smoke
You also vape the herbs, unneccessarily increasing needed amount of smoke. While not being a problem for experienced smokers, it MAY be a problem to others.
Harmalas vaporize at a much higher Temperature. Therefore you need to come closer with the flame than you originally would need to. This causes some DMT to get burned, always. Changa smoke always smells much more like plastic burning than freebase DMT vaporized correctly.

- unhealthy
When doing Changa you will always combust stuff, no matter how good you try at keeping the right temperature. Therefore smoking Changa may be similar unhealthy like smoking Cigarettes.

- lower effieciency
As you deploy your material as leaves, that are coated from all sides, you always loose a lot of material due to the fact that the flame only comes from 1 side. Just imagine a plane with both sides containing DMT. A flame from above arises and heats the upper half, but the lower half will always be 50 °C or even more colder. Either you need to come closer with the flame and burn the upper half terribly while doing so. Or the lower half does not get hot enough and you will loose some actives, that are not vaporized.

The second point really makes a difference: When smoothly vaporizing 20 mg of Freebase DMT (which implies 100 % efficiency) then this dose will be very intense ... while not causing a breakthrough, still doing anything except sitting and watching will be impossible.

When smoking a Changa dose at equal worth of 20 mg DMT, then the effect is much weaker. At least from my own experience ... but even if other people may get a higher efficiency with Changa, it will always be less than when using freebase DMT due to the fact depicted above - the plant material just does not allow 100 % evaporation or at least not at the same time. You always have to compromise between non-harsh vapor and full evaporation.

I would just eat the Harmalas and vape Freebase DMT with the GVG. Much less hassle and more efficiency / convenience.

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 5/27/2020 8:28:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love vaping spice by itself. Changa is a different roa and has its own advantages. I value the mellowness compared to a toke of straight crystal. I love that I can have sub breakthrough experiences that last as long as I wish, and if I want to break through I can do that also. I've always thought straight dmt was better and changa was a waste of spice, however I had some experiences lately which changed my mind. I will always love a big toke of straight dmt, but now I love changa too.
olympus mon wrote:

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 5/28/2020 1:58:09 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The issue is that harmalas don't vaporize well. You need a very high temp to get a proper hit.

Sure you can put changa in the GVG, it'll taste smooth and be effective at vaporizing the DMT off the material, but the harmala effect will be minimal, rendering the point of using changa over crystal or ehanced leaf moot.

You can get a small spillproof pocket bubbler for cheap at about any smoke shop, these are pretty much ideal since they are small and portable, but also have a chamber for building up a good milky hit and water filtration to make the smoke less harsh.

Alternately, you can just ingest harmalas orally or sublingually and vape crystal in your yucan for a similar effect.

The old addage holds true however, changa in the bonga!
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Rock.0
#8 Posted : 5/28/2020 10:47:15 PM

Thanks Nexus peeps, that gives me some good perspective on the issue. I haven't come across bubblers before, are they effectively a mini bong? Are they just as effective?

One thing I'm a bit unclear on still is burning the changa the same way you would burn weed, is that that aim or is it a bit more nuanced than just setting it on fire and inhaling?

Northerner
#9 Posted : 5/28/2020 11:54:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that using a standard flame lighter for changa in a bong isn't the best, it seems pretty harsh and doesn't seem to burn just right. There can be nuggets and bits that stick in the bowl and are wasted. Pretty sooty experience.
I use a single flame torch lighter, real cheap one, and while sucking slowly bring the flame in slowly from a distance. When the tip of the flame touches the leaf, or even before, the whole bowl will light up all at once. Then I take the flame off and finish it off in one. No relighting required. Does the trick nicely.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Rock.0
#10 Posted : 5/29/2020 1:01:19 AM

Thanks man (and for all your help and advice so far, it's worth a mention that I have finally got around to getting some changa based on your encouragement several years ago, haha).
That is interesting about the torch lighter (you mean one that you have to fill with butane/lighter fluid?) What is it about torch lighters that make them better than a standard flame lighter?

Northerner
#11 Posted : 5/29/2020 4:02:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to see you again mate, I've been on hiatus and yours was the first thread I responded to now I'm back. Smile

Yes I mean the butane jet lighter. I think what makes it good is you're not just hitting the herb with 800c from the flame immediately. As you bring a torch lighter in slowly while sucking the whole bowl is heating up, and then it all lights in an instant when it hits the magic temperature.

Maybe the spice and alks have a frog in a pot of water moment before they go up in smoke. Laughing

Well worth the few dollars for a cheapo jet lighter. If you get one with a crook neck on it you'll avoid any heat on your fingers. This sort of thing.

That's a blunt and some heavy oily naptha in the background, I'm pretty sure.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

VibeSurfer
#12 Posted : 6/5/2020 3:30:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hellloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12092
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

SynKyd
#13 Posted : 6/5/2020 3:34:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A decent torch lighter and a regular weed pipe works just fine for changa..........just have to get the hang of edging the torch In gently to vape the first bit.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Rock.0
#14 Posted : 6/10/2020 8:11:42 AM

Well fuck me. Changa is the bomb. I guess now I know why they call DMT the spirit molecule. I not only saw a number of entities, I actually felt their presence. It was incredibly blissful and serene.

The only other time I've felt this was with ayahuasca a number of years ago. I've seen entities with shrooms and to a greater extent, freebase DMT, but the harmalas really turned it up a notch. Or maybe it was just that I could get a lot more DMT in through this ROA?? Thoughts? With my Yocan I can hold down about 30mg of freebase, but with the changa I was doing closer to 50mg.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions, I am super happy I ended up getting a bong (just got a cheap acrylic bong with a metallic cone and stem, absolutely loved it.

EDIT: The only downside to my bong (not sure if it's bong specific or if this is a universal problem) was after releasing my inhale pressure/opening the shot hole, there was like a back pressure (not sure of technical term) that traveled through the stem and out the cone and caused a little bit of the changa to spill out as well as a big puff of smoke.

P.S. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12092
Nice. Smile

artificer
#15 Posted : 8/30/2021 10:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I realize I'm bumping an old thread here, but bong vs GVG is my current dilemma.

I made my first batch of changa that I'm playing with. It's 1:1:0.6 spice/herb/harmala extract

For initial low-key experiments, I added 100mg of herbs with 130mg of aforementioned changa. It's smooth and delicious, but here's the thing:

2 days ago I tried this 230mg mix in the bong, I was just nursing it over a period of time, but I feel like I felt all of the harmalas and hardly any of the spice.

Yesterday I tried exact same blend, same amount, in the GVG and again nursed it, but this time I don't know if I got any of the harmala but I definitely felt all of the spice. Side note - I really like flavor through GVG.

I know the harmalas need much higher temp than the spice, but can anyone help me steer me and my methods so that I can get more harmalas administered and not burn the spice in the process?

I'm going to try again tonight, but I may just put harmala infused leaf in bong and smoke that, then move onto the changa in GVG....
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 8/30/2021 11:12:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

artificer wrote:
I realize I'm bumping an old thread here, but bong vs GVG is my current dilemma.

I made my first batch of changa that I'm playing with. It's 1:1:0.6 spice/herb/harmala extract

For initial low-key experiments, I added 100mg of herbs with 130mg of aforementioned changa. It's smooth and delicious, but here's the thing:

2 days ago I tried this 230mg mix in the bong, I was just nursing it over a period of time, but I feel like I felt all of the harmalas and hardly any of the spice.

Yesterday I tried exact same blend, same amount, in the GVG and again nursed it, but this time I don't know if I got any of the harmala but I definitely felt all of the spice. Side note - I really like flavor through GVG.

I know the harmalas need much higher temp than the spice, but can anyone help me steer me and my methods so that I can get more harmalas administered and not burn the spice in the process?

I'm going to try again tonight, but I may just put harmala infused leaf in bong and smoke that, then move onto the changa in GVG....

I use a bubbler... it's pretty convenient.

Try this my friend: light the lighter and inhale with the flame hovering over the bowl so you have to suck the heat down to heat the blend. Once you see smoke in your device, put the lighter down, and puff some moar with your hand covering the bowl. Your hand will trap heat, keeping it cherried and allowing you to experience both the harmala as well as the DMT.

Good luck

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

artificer
#17 Posted : 8/31/2021 12:05:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, thanks, will try this tonight.

This is what I'm using for bong - it's a bubbler but I still thing more highly of flavor through GVG
artificer attached the following image(s):
bubbles.JPG (1,288kb) downloaded 155 time(s).

Seeingisbelieving
#18 Posted : 8/31/2021 12:18:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know how you manage to smoke changa with glass. I've broke a couple glass pieces this year and I switched over to those little old school metal pipes you can get get at the headshop. Works like a charm .

artificer
#19 Posted : 8/31/2021 12:28:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure that time will come. Embarrased

For now I sit indian style on bed with bong on table in front of me, take one long slow hit filling up like 80% lung capacity then consciously setting down bong securely and inhale the rest of the way, hold it in, flop back if I need to.

I work with metal every day, I'm sensitive to taste of it. Silicone better, glass is my fav.

Voidmatrix
#20 Posted : 8/31/2021 12:36:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
I dont know how you manage to smoke changa with glass. I've broke a couple glass pieces this year and I switched over to those little old school metal pipes you can get get at the headshop. Works like a charm .

Laughing I still wonder how I do it. I can set it down fine most times, but when I feel like I am unable to, I just hold on to it until I can... so sometimes the whole trip.

Artificer, I'd be curious to your experience without such a large perc.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

12NEXT