We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So was Terence right about things getting weirder and weirder? Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 6/8/2020 12:49:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi friends,

Long time no post. I've been thoroughly enjoying my free time during quarantine in my home town working on music and reading lots of sci-fi. I hope all of you are healthy and well in light of recent events.

There's been something on my mind, something that I've wanted to talk to others about and hear their perspective on. It started back when I was still in Peru. A concatenation of events and emotions pushed me to go back home just a few weeks before the virus outbreak and the following lockdown that would've forced me to stay in Peru and find myself in a pretty nasty financial situation. I didn't fully realize what I was feeling back then, but recently it's started becoming abundantly noticeable.

Even if I abstract myself from all recent events with the virus and BLM movements and semi-recession, I feel the energy of the world as a whole changing drastically. I guess I sensed this shift in Peru but with time my ability to notice it has been increased. And I do not believe that all the shit that's going on in the world right now is the reason behind this energetic shift, but rather the product of it.

Terence has talked at length about how the Universe is a novelty producing engine whose goal is to create higher and higher levels of complexity, upon which to keep building new layers until things get so bizarre and odd that we won't have a choice but to talk about it in a serious manner.

Back when he was talking about Timewave Zero he said he believes that humanity is already in the shadow of the eschaton, and its gravitational pull can be felt. I didn't sense it when I read about it, but in retrospect, I feel like somewhere mid-2019 we entered the shadow of said transcendental object at the end of time.

If I ignore everything that's going on and completely purge my opinions and emotions on it, I clearly feel something odd and different about the energy of the planet. There's a weird sense of urgency and imminence that is emanating from everything around. Starting with the fires in Australia and the Amazon from last year and following with the virus and the utter chaos that is reigning in the US and other countries right now, I feel like we're gaining speed by the second on a collision course with something grand in the near future.

As someone that has a worldview heavily shapen by nihilism and stoicism, and geographically positioned where nothing too bad has happened in a long time, I can't say I care about any of the stuff that is going on right now. My eyes are turned to the distant future, and all my attention is focused on what's coming on a universal scale. And I'm starting to feel like Terence was completely right when he said the following:
Quote:
"The mushroom said to me once, it said, ‘This is what it’s like when a species prepares to depart for the stars. This is not unusual.’ The earth quakes, the oceans boil, the planet came into existence for this. All life for over a billion years has been pointed toward taking this step, leaving the oceans for the land was dress rehearsal for what will now be done. It’s chilling because it’s so huge. You don’t even know. It’s just enormous. Yet, apparently, when you look back through the history of the universe, this is how it precedes. Incredibly gradually over staggering scales of time but then every once in a while you come around the corner and there it is – a continent sinks, an asteroid impacts, a star explodes, two intelligent species meet somewhere out in the cosmos. These things set ripples going for eons."

Do any of you feel the drag and the increasing velocity we are gaining towards something indescribably big and complex in the future? What do you make of it? When do you expect us to finally reach that state of existence where everything is unfathomably complex and interconnected to the point where separating reality from imagination is completely impossible?

I gotta admit, if "the end of the world" is a thing that will happen in the future, I am thoroughly looking forward to it. Death is the least of my concerns or fears. Losing loved ones and friends is a process that is inevitable. I just want to witness the grandeur of something that completely disobeys human understanding and cognitive patterns. Something that will make you, in your last moments on this plane of existence, say "WOW"...
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

bismillah
#2 Posted : 6/8/2020 2:19:58 PM

My Personalized Tag

I think people have always felt the world is coming to so climactic end (/new beginning) in their lifetime. Just look at how many doomsday predictions there have been.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Nydex
#3 Posted : 6/8/2020 2:51:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bismillah wrote:
I think people have always felt the world is coming to so climactic end (/new beginning) in their lifetime. Just look at how many doomsday predictions there have been.

Yeah, I agree. I wonder if anyone has felt it's as close as I feel it is now though. Most probably people that lived during distressing times such as the Black Death and both world wars felt the world is coming to an end much more strongly than I do now, but still it's odd to feel it in a technologically advanced day and age such as the one we are living in right now.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 6/8/2020 8:49:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most of us grew up in a time when many people believed that things could only go better. Francis fukuyama was the prophet of the nineties, and history was almost officialy completed.

But maybe terrence wasn't talking about the external world.

When you change, the world you live in changes as well. The same world seen through different eyes. Is no longer the same.

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 6/9/2020 1:53:50 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Nice to see ya back Nydex. Smile

Nydex wrote:
When do you expect us to finally reach that state of existence where everything is unfathomably complex and interconnected to the point where separating reality from imagination is completely impossible?

Arguably, this is a really great description of where we are at right now. Cool

Overall, I agree with your assessment. We are on the verge of an event horizon in so many fields right now, revolution seems inevitable. I'd push the timeline back though, I feel like we've seem these echoes of the Eschaton before. Has it really been 50 years since Apollo 11 and Kent State already?

Remember, Terence never spoke of the end of the world. His rap was the end of history.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Nydex
#6 Posted : 6/9/2020 11:02:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

Nydex wrote:
When do you expect us to finally reach that state of existence where everything is unfathomably complex and interconnected to the point where separating reality from imagination is completely impossible?

Overall, I agree with your assessment. We are on the verge of an event horizon in so many fields right now, revolution seems inevitable. I'd push the timeline back though, I feel like we've seem these echoes of the Eschaton before. Has it really been 50 years since Apollo 11 and Kent State already?

Remember, Terence never spoke of the end of the world. His rap was the end of history.

Nice to be back dreamer! You are right in saying TM spoke of the end of history, not the world. But what would the end of history look like? A tipping point beyond which 'new' history will be written? A revelation so grand and potent that nothing we've recorded to date would be able to stand in comparison? Terence believed in December 2012 we would've invented time travel. Maybe we have, but only a handful of people know about it.

Something tells me that the revolution you speak of, the new historic era, will have something to do with finding a specific set of applications for quantum processors. Arguably we already have a functioning quantum chip - Google's Sycamore processor. But as of right now nobody has a clue how to utilize its full potential. Maybe the "beginning of the end" would be the marriage between a hyperintelligent AI entity and the borderline unlimited processing power a quantum chip has.

Am I afraid of the future? Not at all. In fact, I am looking forward to seeing how technology develops and what its impact on human societies will be.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

AikyO
#7 Posted : 6/9/2020 2:32:14 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Or just babbling freely in the wilderness with no more grand tales and destinies ? Where facts and their complicated analysis vanishes in the background of the experience of the present moment and its unfathomable, beyond mind, ever new and ephemeral nature ?
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 6/9/2020 3:26:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:

Nydex wrote:

Nice to be back dreamer! You are right in saying TM spoke of the end of history, not the world. But what would the end of history look like? A tipping point beyond which 'new' history will be written? A revelation so grand and potent that nothing we've recorded to date would be able to stand in comparison? Terence believed in December 2012 we would've invented time travel. Maybe we have, but only a handful of people know about it.

Something tells me that the revolution you speak of, the new historic era, will have something to do with finding a specific set of applications for quantum processors. Arguably we already have a functioning quantum chip - Google's Sycamore processor. But as of right now nobody has a clue how to utilize its full potential. Maybe the "beginning of the end" would be the marriage between a hyperintelligent AI entity and the borderline unlimited processing power a quantum chip has.

Am I afraid of the future? Not at all. In fact, I am looking forward to seeing how technology develops and what its impact on human societies will be.

Do you think we could change, or maybe even are changing the world, by changing our counsciousness?
Like entering a different reality that, once seen, cannot be unseen ever again?

Nydex
#9 Posted : 6/9/2020 4:09:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Nydex wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:

Nydex wrote:

Do you think we could change, or maybe even are changing the world, by changing our counsciousness?
Like entering a different reality that, once seen, cannot be unseen ever again?

If by changing the world you mean changing the way we perceive and experience our immediate reality, then absolutely yes. But all of that relies on a fat dose of relativity. If we assume that is what happens, then we can say the world is in a constant change of motion, and that one person's world is, in a way, completely different than another's. And it does seem right as such differences are present for sure. I clearly see how my heroic acid journey changed the way I experience the world. So to answer your question - yes, I do think are changing the world through our own prisms of perception.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN