We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Prolongued exposure to bad work environment during psychedelic integration phase Options

muladharma
#1 Posted : 2/7/2020 8:24:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering about over-commitment to fixed-frequency experiences, and ways in which post-experience set could impact integration. For example, one will weekly take LSD or Moxy for 2 or 3 years, and during a normal 5 weekdays he/she will continue attending an unhealthy workspace, from a mental perspective.

The workspace could be unhealthy mainly from a mental, conversational, social interaction perspective. One could be faced with mental challenges purposefully by his peers, subjected to unpleasant experiences and invasive interactions with a lack of common sense, being forced to work unethically, and other aspects, but for the sake of conversation I'm excluding physical conflict.

I heard that some Amazonian shamans vary in their recovery practices after ayahuasca experiences. To quote a friend of mine:

Quote:
within each country, each tribe and sub-tribe and healing linage has their own reccomendations and methods ... Some places offer intense post-ceremony therapy and integration, some just give guidelines to help you guide yourself

But for shamanic tourism, you are already likely a great distance away from the place of shamanic healing, and it involves travel. The return journey alone should be enough detachment, and that shamanic experience is likely a one-time.

For me a post-psychedelic experience state was always like a rebirth. The concepts of rebirth (implying birth), have great value across all of modern spirituality that I'm aware of. Usually this spiritual phase is accompanied by re-discovery of existence, a childhood-like state of wonder, sensitivity, and long periods of relaxation and tranquility.

... now the actual question regarding all of this: how does one best withdraw from consistent psychedelic use combined with bad set and setting? What are your thoughts, especially related to stress inducing work environment?
Find the wisdom to practice loving-kindness.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jagube
#2 Posted : 2/7/2020 9:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wondered about that too, and eventually I quit my job and found a way to make a living while doing what I love and hardly anything else, in an environment I create myself, surrounded by people I choose (for the most part).

The realization that life doesn't have to suck and that the Universe is a good place to be ensued.

coAsTal
#3 Posted : 2/8/2020 1:01:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, this isn't much of a mystery brother-- if you don't like your job, then leave the job and move on.

If all those psychedelics that have been taken somehow haven't made this apparent to you, then you have more fundamental blocks you need to seriously (and perhaps soberly) focus on.

One of the drawbacks of psychedelics when misunderstood is the "escape" factor. They can be so completely satisfying and replenishing that we use them as a way to gain joy instead of understanding joy.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 2/8/2020 4:37:57 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Jagube wrote:
I wondered about that too, and eventually I quit my job and found a way to make a living while doing what I love and hardly anything else, in an environment I create myself, surrounded by people I choose (for the most part).

The realization that life doesn't have to suck and that the Universe is a good place to be ensued.

💗Thumbs up💗
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

muladharma
#5 Posted : 2/8/2020 8:17:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel like the main points I'm asking about are misunderstood so far:

Tapering off prolongued use is one thing, I'm asking about tapering out of prolongued abuse of the phase of integration follownig an experience. Does one better pursue another set of experiences with proper integration, or are they to be avoided? Does a 3 year long bad integration period of a weekly experience mean that the recovery has to be just as long, even if physical withdrawal from a substance can be at maximum 2 weeks, for example? Hoping for thoughts. Love
Find the wisdom to practice loving-kindness.

SynKyd
#6 Posted : 6/3/2020 5:22:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

muladharma wrote:
I feel like the main points I'm asking about are misunderstood so far:

Tapering off prolongued use is one thing, I'm asking about tapering out of prolongued abuse of the phase of integration follownig an experience. Does one better pursue another set of experiences with proper integration, or are they to be avoided? Does a 3 year long bad integration period of a weekly experience mean that the recovery has to be just as long, even if physical withdrawal from a substance can be at maximum 2 weeks, for example? Hoping for thoughts. Love

It would seem that when you decided the situation went from use to abuse the answer presented itself, maybe you want to hear it, maybe not.

I think healing is a personal thing and asking for outside guidance or prescribed timelines is unlikely to really get you anywhere on this. Step away, take inventory, and cram the genie back in the bottle for as long as you need to to ensure you are in control of your decisions. If that’s forever, you’ve made the right decision for you. Some people need that kind of jolt to reset their addictive personalities, myself included. Do what works best for you! Love
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

null24
#7 Posted : 6/3/2020 5:53:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

SynKyd wrote:
[quote=muladharma]I feel like the main points I'm asking about are misunderstood so far:

I totally missed this when you posted it.

I'm honestly not sure what you mean by integration. It really doesn't sound like that's what you were doing at all. No offense, I really mean none, but it just sounds like partying on weekends and going to a crap job monday thru friday, and, well, that's really not integrating anything is it...? What does the term mean to you in the context of psychedelic experience?

I get that you will have some transitory transcendental experiences on LSD while on the dance floor. You aren't really gonna learn TOO much that you can sucessfully integrate from that though. I'm inferring all this because I'm not sure how you can jet to the jungle every weekend for however many years, so forgive me if I'm way off base. Again, no offense, I have dropped on plenty a dance floor and loved it.

You really shouldn't be physically withdrawing from psychedelics, either... I mean, for me that means having seizures in the hospital and my kidneys shutting down after puking for 12 days non-stop, but your idea of withdrawal may be different. I'm confused as usual, but this time I think many of us are, and are therefore unable to really answer constructively. Although the response right above is pretty spot on.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Legarto Rey
#8 Posted : 6/6/2020 7:10:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"I'm asking about tapering out of prolonged abuse of the phase of integration following an experience."

This seems to be an odd question, if I'm grocking the jist of it.

Psyco-pharmacologic withdrawal from "true" hallucinogens is generally not medically dangerous or protracted. Tryptaminics are essentially, non-toxic, physically. Phenethylaminics(amphetamine based), such as mescaline, as a category, do present toxicity and withdrawal issues IF used with chronicity.

Problems with a rapid cessation of "integration practices" after chronic use of any psychotropic???
Abuse of integration in a BAD work environment. What if the work environment was, GOOD? Is this an inquiry re crummy job v crummy integration? Or, something else?

Peace